Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldier status (40d)  (Read 297 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Soldier status (40d)
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »

(Dwarf fortress 40d)

What does "soldier" as status mean? I've got some people off duty and given copper as practice. They've been sparring but have now stopped, and are "soldier" in the dwarf's menu with jobs.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier status (40d)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:03:01 pm »

I think it means you stationed them somewhere, I don't properly recall 40d Military though.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:13:15 pm »

But they're off duty, they were training and then a few mins later they just sit around.

Just got an ambush, so they'll get some training anyway.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »

Dwarves won't train while injured, and won't train alone. Check if one of the sparring partners has a spinal injury or something, it doesn't have to be serious. As injuries to the nervous system never heal, he'll never spar again.

Otherwise, they're just taking a break/resting bruises. They don't train all the time.

Soldier is used for them taking a short break/being stationed somewhere/being unable to train.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator