Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question about traders, migrants and ambushes  (Read 302 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
question about traders, migrants and ambushes
« on: January 07, 2011, 07:44:56 am »

I have a few questions:

When will the dwarves come to trade? It has been 4 years since embark and I still haven't seen any dwarven traders...

Are mounted ambushers bugged? I have an elven bow squad on war grizzly bears led by  a princes, the bears spotted the elves and the elves spotted the bears.
is that normal? And when will they attack my fortress? I opened my gates so they will get in the cage trap but they just stay at their spawn point and wander a bit around...

What should I do to make my fortress ''save'' for migrants to come again? Will creating or exporting wealth help?

And when will the humans come to trade? I want to trade but the Elves and the Dwarves don't come... And if they come will they attack the Elven ambushers?

Another question: can I reuse the wooden weapons and shields the last elven ambush lost? Can the wood burner use them or should I just add them to my iron weapons in a weapon trap (or will they jam faster that way?)?

thx

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: question about traders, migrants and ambushes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 08:57:44 am »

Speaking of caravans,dwarves come in the very late autumn in the first year. Humans come in the summer of the second year. Elves come in the spring(?) and goblins(if you are in peace with them) come all seasons to trade.

Wooden swords are training only, I dont know if they can be placed at traps though. And wood burners can do nothing with the useless swords/shields.

I think created wealth is the trick, but exported helps too. When my fortress did 100k I got a wave of 23~ migrants.

I dont know about mounted ambushers. Try the wiki or some dwarven !!SCIENCE!!

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: question about traders, migrants and ambushes
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:11:15 am »

I never get mounted ambushes, got them once in .14 tho  :-\