Crap, I can't reactivate the poll!

See the link on the first page
- 0 (0%)
Go there to vote
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 20, 2011, 01:41:37 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - Round 3 - Play now!  (Read 18303 times)

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - Join And Play Now!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 12:49:15 pm »

Requesting Dwarfination.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 01:59:59 pm »

I can has dwarf?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 02:39:38 pm »

I'm also curious about time of day, and time zone?

Although I should have it then, I tend to find myself messing with things up until the last minute.

Let's say 18:00 CET? But a few minutes more or less won't matter unless you plan on playing until Monday :)

To recalculate, you posted at 18:26:43 CET.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 05:15:58 pm »

Dwarfing is maximum!
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 11:29:07 pm »

Dwarfing is what I need to happen at this time.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:06 am »

Fri Jan 21 for all timelines, see first post. If you say you need the extra time and I'm feeling nice, I will let you play until the end of the poll (Jan 24), but not longer.
It's only the 12th today, Kzel is already done, I've only got a season to go, surely it could be sooner?

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2011, 01:28:16 am »

It depends on how many timelines MagmaMcFry wants, but more can come pretty fast : the first year is deliciously free of any FPS issue and nothing really happens, since there are just a few dwarves and no ambush, siege or other unwanted guests coming along.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2011, 03:53:07 am »

I want as many and as dwarfy timelines as possible.

The real challenge is, as I just noticed, to survive the election. Gonna write this down in the first post.

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 05:04:26 am »

The real challenge is, as I just noticed, to survive the election. Gonna write this down in the first post.
Voting will be too thin between them if there is more than about 4 or 5. still it's your game and I'm going to shut up now......

About misspelling your name before, sorry but all I can think off when I see it is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:15 am »

Voting will be too thin between them if there is more than about 4 or 5. still it's your game and I'm going to shut up now......

Hmm. It could really be a little stupid if you have like 10 timelines and nobody can keep track of them. But I also wanted to remove the endless waiting time in normal succession games until your turn turns up... I'll come up with something. Perhaps I'll just prepone the poll.

About misspelling your name before, sorry but all I can think of when I see it is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You got it.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 07:04:18 am »

All my dwarfes died b/c of skelephants. Before the end of the first month. Can I still participate ?

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:39 am »

All my dwarfes died b/c of skelephants. Before the end of the first month. Can I still participate ?
Lolz
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:53 am »

You have to play a year. If you reclaim, it's already Spr 101 and you can't play any longer.
Or you can just restart, therefore gaining valuable fortress-shaping time.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:23:02 am by MagmaMcFry »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 01:08:41 pm »

Keeping track of this. No dwarf or turn though.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 04:12:12 am »

Moron's Log, Hematite

The curiosity got hold of me. I wanted to know how many z-levels there were. Mafol was very reluctant, but then she turned around ("May yer brain be eaten by the horrors of the deeps") and started digging.

She dug down, and down, and down. And down, and down. After two days, she called me down and showed me the stone. It had gotten really warm. She explained to me with lots of words that she refused to dig deeper. I lay on the ground and pleaded with all my might. She gave me her pick and took a step back, ready to run. I took it, struck the earth (I almost hit my foot) and a piece of rock gave way directly under Mafol's feet. She looked at me like some kind of wingless bird trying, in midair, to convince a very stupid moron that he had just done something very stupid indeed. Then she fell into some really hot gooey orange liquid, twisting and screaming as her clothes caught fire. Her last words were "Praise yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....". Then she was swallowed by the orange stuff. I dropped her pick down next to her and ran upstairs crying helplessly.

I told the others what happened, and they were really angry at me. They told me I should get lost and die somewhere. I didn't, that would be stupid. But I told Stukos the stoneworker to seal off the gooey liquid. She agreed, although she was very scared, and went down to have a look at the gooey stuff. She came back really excited with the message that this was magma, the legendary molten rock of ancient lore. I told her that stone couldn't melt, then I asked her what the word "lore" means. She showed me a finger. I saw nothing wrong with it.

A few days later, Urvad came in from her mud place. She showed me a muddy mushroom, one of the icky purple ones, and seemed very proud about it. I told her that it wasn't cleaner now. She told me it was a new one. She dragged me to the farm, squeezed the mushroom, and stuck some new red blobs into the mud. Then she wiped the mushroom clean on her warty green dress and I watched in horror as she took a huge bite out of it. She offered a bite, but I was busy running away and hiding.

Fath was busy training in the depths of the mountain. She was determined to follow in Mafol's footsteps, all but the last few. When she came back, she was caked in mud. No less than three times had she discovered an expansive cavern deep underground. She was scared (seeing as what had happened to Mafol), and immediately sealed the break-throughs again. She recruited Rovod the fish cleaner, who was happy to do something at last, until he noticed that Fath had the only pick.

In the meantime, some people from the caravan arrived. They were bedraggled and they were missing something I didn't see at once, but eventually I realized that they had no wagons. They told me that they had been waylaid by goblins and that they had to give them the wagons for their lives. I was very disappointed about the lack of prickle berries, but I helped them over the wall and they helped themselves to a helping of the last booze in the fort. Suddenly a child cried out. Two very boney monkeys were charging at it. Avuz Crowgild the potash maker, normally a fearful person, took the opportunity to show the child that these bones were very easily separated. She immediately decided to dedicate her life to the military.

A mule foal was left outside and is now spending its time braying its lungs out. I told it to be quiet, but it didn't hear me. I told it to grow up. It did so immediately. I told Unib the child to grow up. He looked at me with large eyes and told me his mom had told him not to talk with me.

Moron's Log, Malachite

I ordered the fortification to be enlarged. There were no zombie things visible, so I ordered everyone to help with the new wall. Urvad and Tekkud chopped some wood while we were at it. We let the mule in too.

A stray blacksmith (Onol by name) told us a story about magma, the legendary molten rock of ancient lore. I told her that we have some here. She wanted to see it. I took her to the warm wall. She was amazed, but then she told me that she could use this. She had once been apprentice at the Wet Wire's best forge (so she said). She had sneaked into her master's place and found reports of magma and how to use it for forges and furnaces. She was pretty sure that she could still remember how to do this. I ordered that a place be dug out directly over the magma.

Today I tasted one of these icky purple mushrooms. They tasted really good!

Fath and Rovod were now alternating in doing the digging and having a drink. They are clearly well-organized.

Moron's Log, Galena

We (say, Onol) have built a smelter and a forge.

First Onol made another pick. I carried it to the place we all drop our stuff. Fath grabbed it, but Rovod had just finished mining, so we told her to mine somewhere else. Urvad took some mushrooms and a barrel into a still and came out with a barrel of wine! I asked her to show me the trick but she showed me a finger, the same one as Stukos.

Fath and Stukos have dug a long vertical tunnel from the sand under the surface to the forges. I wonder what they are up to.

Tekkud was coming out of the butcher's shop with a big hunk of meat. I wonder where the mule went.

Suddenly there was a loud crash. Stukos said that this was a controlled cave-in to get sand to the forges, but I don't know why you need sand in the forges. Stukos said that you need sand to make glass, but I don't think you need sand for glass and I don't know what glass is anyway.

I have a feeling that the others aren't taking me seriously. I know! I will do something really great that will show everybody that I am able to do something really great! Fath told me that autumn has come. How did she notice, she was digging all the time!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:04:05 pm by MagmaMcFry »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7