Crap, I can't reactivate the poll!

See the link on the first page
- 0 (0%)
Go there to vote
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 20, 2011, 01:41:37 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - Round 3 - Play now!  (Read 18304 times)

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - Join And Play Now!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 05:15:06 pm »

Dwarf Get

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 09:27:56 pm »

And Iced, as I mentioned in the topmost post, you shouldn't have named the dwarves already. After every vote, I'll collect all the dwarfing requests that were posted since the last vote and put 'em up next to the link for the winning save. Then you can name them. Otherwise you'd go batty with all the inconsequent and inconsistent random naming.

But I still really appreciate being the only male  ;D
ah, sorry about that, I'll go ahead and delete the names.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 11:12:29 pm »

Starts with a dwarf and ends with a request.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 12:32:24 am »

This idea is just crazy enough to work!
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 02:21:19 am »

EDIT: nevermind, I changed the name *facepalm*

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 02:25:40 am »

stupid 'play now!' you ruin everything!

1st slate - 16th malachite (mid-summer)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:05:31 am by Iced »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 05:25:58 am »

Nice, skelephants!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »

Hmmm... I'll start my own game now.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 11:24:39 am »

Moron's log, Granite:
We've arrived at the future site of Racedhandles, at the start of the new year. Fath the fisherdwarf wouldn't stop complaining about the fact that they should have long been there and the river was disgusting and this wasn't the right place at all (she told me that it was my fault, but I told her the tree back there said we should go this way, it would be a shortcut). The girls were also worrying about the rest of the caravan, but I told them that the others probably didn't know about the shortcut. They said that they gave me a new custom profession, but I don't know what a custom profession is.

I told the girls to wait, but they started digging a small cave into the lovely mountainside. I told them that the chief architect would be very angry, but they said 'Go talk to a tree'. I asked the tree about this misbehavior and what I should do about it, but the tree just kinda growled at me. Spooooky.

Anyways, the scenery is nice. Lotsa hoary marmots and mountain goats. And the trees have lovely crooked twigs and the tigers have very white bones.

Spoiler: Large Image (click to show/hide)

When I showed them the tiger, they immediately started building a wall around the wagon. I told them not to, but they wouldn't listen and Stukos the mason chucked a cat at me. How will the rest of the caravan find us now?

I'm gonna go around and count stones. One, two, three, five...

Moron's log, Slate:
I told the girls to take down the wagon because it was in the way (well, not really). They were horrified by the idea, but they were the ones that had built a wall around it, weren't they?

I was finished counting stones and wanted to count z-levels now. I asked Mafol the miner (she was currently teaching Fath to mine, because Fath said she couldn't fish anymore) to dig down and count them, but Mafol said that Queen Zuglar had strictly forbidden that anyone dig more than thirty levels down, 'lest we shall all perish in the unseen horrors of the deeps'. I told Mafol that there was only more stone down there, and nothing to be afraid about, and Mafol told me that I hadn't listened in the geology, mineralogy, erosion and religion classes. I told her that I always skipped them because they were boring, and she said that I go talk with a tree. I couldn't go outside anymore, so I talked with my table. The table ignored me.

The girls were digging out a large room. I thought it would be a dining room. It looked really big and awesome. Then they hit a chunk out of the ceiling and water poured in. Then they left and locked the door. I quickly stuffed the hole again, but Mafol wouldn't let me back in again. Note to self: Water is wet.

I was waiting in the stupid wet room for ages. Why can't these girls let me in? I didn't do anything wrong... Also I'm getting thirsty.

The water was drying up, the room was all muddy. Finally they let me out, and I quickly got a drink. The girls had made a beautiful little dining room downstairs,

but they told me I wasn't allowed to eat there. Urvad the woodcutter started putting little red things into the mud. I asked her what they were for, but she told me it was a secret. Exciting!

Moron's Log, Felsite:
I built a craftsdwarf's workshop and started making little swords out of obsidian. I like swords. I made exactly three of them because I got hungry after a while. I looked for some prickle berries, but they were all on the other carts. I wonder when they will come? I also found some icky purple mushrooms. I asked Urvad why we had these, but she only looked at me as if I was some kind of bloody moron, which I was definitely not. She took an icky purple mushroom out of her pocket and squished it until some icky red stuff came out. Then she rolled it into a ball. Now I know what the mushrooms were for! They are there for storing the little red things Urvad was sticking into the mud! I felt a lot smarter now.

It's so boring lately... I wanted to play a game of Find-the-pebble-between-other-pebbles but nobody wanted to play with me. Then Urvad shouted at me for picking the red stuff out of the mud. I'm gonna count stones again. One, two, three, seven...

Recently I heard Mafol talking to Urvad.

Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 03:08:52 pm »

Here's my entry, the whole year :

The file : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3670

Notes :
the male/female ratio is very odd, did you mod in different caste ratios ?
the skelephants are underwhelming, I beat 6 of them back with 10 poorly equipped and barely trained soldiers.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:53:15 pm by kzel »

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 05:49:56 am »

16th malachite - 1st (whatever the start of winter is)

I'm really enjoying this fort, too bad nothing may come off it in 3 months, and considering Kzel has already hit the caverns nothing probably will. I REALLY need to get another axe.

A lot of other stuff happened as usual, kinda boring things though.
last update tomorrow maybe, if anyone wants to give criticism go ahead, I like the stuff.

EDIT: Just to clarify the naming of the tower the name of our colony is "The Sorcerous Razor" .
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:30:31 am by Iced »

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 06:07:37 am »

Double post yes, but MagmaMcFly, perhaps only let 4~ at most play each year, it makes it a lot easier to vote and keep track off.

Votes should also be in a specific colour, Blue Perhaps?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

I'd like to be quantum dwarfed as well, please.

And now I'll see about maybe actually getting a year done.  What is the deadline specifically?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:39 pm »

Double post yes, but MagmaMcFry, perhaps only let 4~ at most play each year, it makes it a lot easier to vote and keep track off.

Votes should also be in a specific colour, Blue Perhaps?

I will use a poll for voting. It's so much easier and I think we will be able to have many more timelines (and many more votes) with this system.

What is the deadline specifically?

Fri Jan 21 for all timelines, see first post. If you say you need the extra time and I'm feeling nice, I will let you play until the end of the poll (Jan 24), but not longer.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 12:26:43 pm »

I'm also curious about time of day, and time zone?

Although I should have it then, I tend to find myself messing with things up until the last minute.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7