Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Ultimate Character Battle: Giga-Fort VS Karkat (I need help with this one)  (Read 37402 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Brenner VS Kane!
« Reply #450 on: February 11, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

Oh lets just get on with it already. I lost.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Brenner VS Kane!
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »

Brenner's Wolves fight long and hard, wiping out nearly the entire force of the Brotherhood.
Eventually though, superior technology wins through, and their tanks and planes are defeated by Kane's heavy units.
Though they are nearly crippled by the enemy, Kanes Brotherhood of Nod has claimed a victory!

Winner: Kane!

Next Battle: Axe Cop vs Artyom!
This battle is set in the Metro universe.
The setting is the same abandoned ruins as the Artyom vs Yar fight, but has since become haunted and infested with monsters.
Axe Cop does not have the full range of powers exhibited in the comic. He retains his invulnerability to fire, ability to power up by drinking blood, and greater-than-average strength and speed. He may be allowed other powers, but I'll leave that up to discussion.
Artyom may start a with knife, pistol, and two guns, to be decided by discussion.

Begin debate!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Axe Cop VS Artyom!
« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »

Hmmm. Depends how much of  a determinator AC is. And if he's bullet proof or not.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:47 pm »

Axe cop beat ghost. I don't think that Artyom is any better then ghost in combat. So i think axe cop would win. Although it depends on how badly nerfed axe cop is for this contest.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:21 pm »

Well, if Artyom waits for an anomaly to murder Axe Cop...
Otherwise, I have no more faith in normal human characters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:23 pm »

Axe cop beat ghost. I don't think that Artyom is any better then ghost in combat. So i think axe cop would win. Although it depends on how badly nerfed axe cop is for this contest.
Exactly. Artyom could definitely get some shots in, but if the nerf means that AC can be BOOM! headshotted, well then... depends entirely on the nerf, really.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »

I'm going to place the nerf at "he can be killed by a headshot with a normal gun, but not a body shot or a headshot with a pneumatic gun".
Objections?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 14, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »

Well, the Hellsing, also known as 8 SHOT PNEUMATIC SPEAR GUN, should one shot his head...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 14, 2011, 10:46:41 pm »

He would dodge the spear if it was aimed at his head fairly easily.
I'm going to place the nerf at "he can be killed by a headshot with a normal gun, but not a body shot or a headshot with a pneumatic gun".
Objections?
The whole concept of the balancing sorta annoys me (eg. why should axe cop be balanced but giga fortress not), but no specific problems with this one.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 14, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »

He would dodge the spear if it was aimed at his head fairly easily.
Objections?
The whole concept of the balancing sorta annoys me (eg. why should axe cop be balanced but giga fortress not), but no specific problems with this one.
He was balanced, I put him against the whole army instead of the one guy.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2011, 11:11:50 pm »

Technically, RA3 Tech is ultra modern compared to STALKER. The STALKER's only chance of winning would have been if they teamed up with Duty.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:36 am »

Hmm... I remeber reading that ammo is a valuable resource in Metro. If it comes down to a battle of attrition Axe Cop's weapon of choice consumes no ammo and carries a high chance of splashing him with monster blood.

As for the threat of a headshot he can sense danger...

http://axecop.com/index.php/acepisodes/read/episode_25/ - Magical Danger Antenna ftw!

And return fire.

http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_22/ - Sun Picking up gloves with built in lasers
http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_50/ - An axe that can turn into any type of gun
http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_27/ - And of course the greatest ranged weapon of all time...

In conclusion Axe Cop is better suited for the arena.
Axe Cop most likely has superior firepower, and he knows how to use it.
And of course Axe Cop wins hands down in a melee situation...

My vote/prediction goes to Axe Cop. Of course I know next to nothing about Artyom or the Metro universe, so there could be some sort of deciding factor that I am missing.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 15, 2011, 12:21:14 pm »

My vote/prediction goes to Axe Cop. Of course I know next to nothing about Artyom or the Metro universe, so there could be some sort of deciding factor that I am missing.
The Metro universe, which this battlefield is a part of, is home to Ghosts, (Of the dead, which are fatal to touch and only visible when using a flashlight.) Anomalies, (Weird floating ball lightning type things, fatally zap anything moving around them) and Mutants. (Various nasties, Axe Cop could probably take them.)

http://axecop.com/index.php/acepisodes/read/episode_25/ - Magical Danger Antenna ftw!
http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_22/ - Sun Picking up gloves with built in lasers
http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_50/ - An axe that can turn into any type of gun
http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_27/ - And of course the greatest ranged weapon of all time...
I'm going to say that Axe Cop does not retain his aquired blood powers in this battle. (He can use blood found in this battle, but previous to this he has no blood powers.)
He never actually got the Sun Picking Up Gloves, that was what he said he would do if that situation happened.
The Any-Gun Axe seems a little overpowered for this particular battle, but if anyone else agrees to it, I'll let it in.
The Green Banana Gun is fine. But I should warn you, it is only good at killing Japanese ninjas! ;D

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »

The anygun axe should be limited to non-overpowered i.e. normal firearms. No huge friggin laserbeams and all that.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2011, 02:11:23 pm »

Axe Cop also has moustache powers (http://axecop.com/index.php/acask/read/ask_axe_cop_32/), including a sticky dynamite gun. Axe Cop seems to have the advantage at both long and short range.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35