Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Ultimate Character Battle: Giga-Fort VS Karkat (I need help with this one)  (Read 37325 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Eliphas VS Kane!
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2011, 07:50:23 pm »

Kane is likely to use all 3. After all, he is the Messiah.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2011, 07:56:33 pm »

Meh, this is getting a bit silly. 1v1 fights are much better IMHO.
Not quite sure, but as a Chaos Marine leader he is also able to get huge armies into battle, forces which i think would beat human ones by a fair marigine. More info on him herehttp://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eliphas

So, what will it be, a 1v1 fight (which Eliphas would almost surely win), or a army vs army fight (I think 40k is stronger, so Eliphas again probably, but haven't played C&C much, so not really sure)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:01:12 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2011, 08:03:24 pm »

Anybody got any suggestions for this fight?
I'm not familiar with either character.

Don't know crap about Eliphas, but I'd bet he can beat Kane 1v1. An assault on a Nod Base would be easy to balance. Depending on how tough Eliphas is he can face a small outpost with a hand of nod and a few powerplants. If he is one of those godly omega strong type characters let him deal with Obelisks, Stealth Tanks, and Avatars. Obelisks and Stealth tanks have been Nod's calling card since the first C&C so I'd like to see them come into play.

Here is a good list of the Toys Kane gets to play with in C&C 3. There is a link to the pages with his arsenal in the other games on top.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tiberium_Wars_Nod_Arsenal

KANE LIVES!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2011, 08:08:53 pm »

Okay, Rating these two on a few levels

Survivability: Kane has been around for well over 100 years, surviving numerous "deaths".
Eliphas has been around for around 10,000 years. He has "Died" only once, and gone to HELL ITSELF, but managed to come back a few years later

Winner: Draw

Resources: Eliphas has/has had around a company or two of Chaos Space Marines, numerous Cultists, and the occasional demon.
Kane has a F&*%-ton of cultists in a semi-regular army, Though they also have tech on level with battle titans and Skitarii.

Winner: Eliphas

Planning: Kane has had to instigate several World Wars to achieve his goals. In general, he has been in control of the situation for a good deal of time and demonstrates exceptional forward planning and manipulation
Eliphas...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Impressive, but in-game and in cutscenes he never really seems to have a plan or be ENTIRELY in control of the situation.

Winner: Kane

Personal Combat Abilities: Kane is never at the front lines
Eliphas has fought on the front lines for over 10,000 years (give or take due to the fickle nature of the warp)

Winner: Eliphas

My Personal take on the situation: Eliphas invades earth and manages to get GDI out of the picture quite easily (for handwaved reasons). Assuming Kane knows better than to engage in an all-out war, or gets to mass-producing Avatars and Marked, I would predict a VERY long war as Kane struggles to take down the hard to replace Chaos Marines. If he manages to accomplish that (hijaking the ion cannon maybe?), Then Kane wins due to how bad chaos cultists are.

If Eliphas is able to attack NOD's major facilities early on? He wins through sheer quality.

SO, my overall pick would be... Kane actually. Assuming they fight on Kane's "home" turf, Eliphas won't have cultists to rely on. Kane would therefore have superior numbers on a tech level roughly similar to the Imperial Gaurd, but with more fanatical troopers. It would be a close run thing, but I would guess that Kane already has a plan in place to deal with hostile invaders from hell.

Of course... Neither would die permanently. The fanbase would resurrect Eliphas and Kane has villain immortality.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2011, 08:12:43 pm »

Kane also has warrior-priests and heavily armed cyborgs in addition to the fanatics.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2011, 08:20:32 pm »

Kane also has warrior-priests and heavily armed cyborgs in addition to the fanatics.
Warrior priests are just even more fanatical fanatics.

Heavily armed cyborgs= Skitarii

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2011, 08:31:51 pm »

The Chaos Marine, why because WH 40 000>than everything.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »

The Chaos Marine, why because WH 40 000>than everything.
Taking this as meaning "Space marines are just better quality troops" instead of "This is a popularity contest right?" I would like to point out that a wave of fanatics on a MASSIVE cocktail of drugs backed up by stealth tanks and battle titans has a quality all its own.

Paraphrasing ol' Josef there, but i think you get the point

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »

If we're going on with super powered units, remember that Chaos Space Marines also have Daemon Princes, Defilers and demonicly possessed Land Raiders, not even going into support by summoned Greater Daemons.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:19 pm »

If we're going on with super powered units, remember that Chaos Space Marines also have Daemon Princes, Defilers and demonicly possessed Land Raiders, not even going into support by summoned Greater Daemons.
Point. However, Titans and other sumsuch have been established in the 40k cannon as beating tanks 10/10 times, demonically possessed or not. This includes defilers as well, since mechanics-wise they're just fancy artillery pieces that still die if hit with anti-tank weaponry. Whilst this DOES up the death toll for the brotherhood of NOD, It doesn't make too much strategic difference as those require the forge worlds of the Dark Mechanicum to replace, and Eliphas is operating much further from his resupply zones than Kane

I didn't take demons into account primarily due to them being split off into a separate army from the "normal" chaos marines.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2011, 09:35:05 pm »

That implies that the fight is on Kane's home turf and not someplace neutral, but I'll concede the point

I will admit demons aren't a normal part of the Chaos marines (except for Daemon Prince, which are in the Chaos marine codex) and that titans are usual better in the 40k universe, but you're over exaggerating their effectiveness. A titan can still be taken down by anti-tank units, it just needs more, and are usually a bigger investment compared to, say, an obliterator squad.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2011, 09:37:00 pm »

Technically, Kane's home turf is anywhere with Tiberium or can be seeded, so theres not any true neutral place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »

True, but then he would have to be there first, so it wouldn't be a spontaneous fight.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2011, 10:52:15 pm »

Battle Conditions Set!
Both Eliphas and Kane have arrived on a lush world, ready for conquering, and their forces have encountered each other!
The NOD forces are pinned down in a highly defendable position, while Eliphas's troops are assaulting them.
Both forces have been highly diminished by this point, worn down by multiple indecisive battles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2011, 11:01:06 pm »

Ok if kane has stealth tanks and alot of infantry he has the advantage if he uses ambush and gureilla tactics he can wear them down once weakend he can rush all of the troops out of the place and win
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35