Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35

Author Topic: Ultimate Character Battle: Giga-Fort VS Karkat (I need help with this one)  (Read 37390 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Character Battle: Brenner VS Kane!
« Reply #420 on: February 10, 2011, 10:20:39 pm »

Kane often uses a shit load of AI and Commanders instead of doing it himself, and Advanced Wars...
I never saw Jets or Nukes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 10, 2011, 10:43:32 pm »

Advance Wars:
Tanks, Bigger tanks, massive tanks, rounded tanks, aircraft carriers, stealth fighters, Fighters, Bombers, Battleships, subs, Anti-tank artillery, mobile rocket launcher vehicles, anti-air (ranged and non), Battle Helicopters.

Thats all the tech I can think of in advance wars, if you don't count all the special equipment Black Hole had like GIANT CANNONS.

Kane always has a plan, but Brenner is probably the better small-group tactician of the two.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 10, 2011, 11:07:50 pm »

I'm going with Kane here. Brenner may be the better tactician, but I doubt the difference is that huge. I'd bet Avatar Mechs can beat any advance wars ground units, and Kane as enough anti air options to keep the bombers away. If Kane has his end game tech tree open to him the temple of nod will come into play. I doubt advanced wars has anything that can take a nuclear strike.

Even if the wolves get the upper hand I can't see Advance Wars units faring well against C&C stationary defenses. Obelisks supported with anti air turrets and units should keep Kane and his temple safe long enough to lob quite a few nukes.

In summary... In the unlikely event Kane fails to steamroll Brenner, he can just nuke him. Multiple times.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 10, 2011, 11:09:32 pm »

But don't forget, Kane's running on limited Tib here. would he have enough to spare for multiple nukes?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 10, 2011, 11:12:41 pm »

He needs a Veinhole monster, but he still has the EMP CANNON!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 10, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »

Let me just clerify here: Kane has with him, at the start of the battle, many units, some of them high-tier. He does not have the infrustructure to create more of those high-tier units, though he could probably pump out normal soldiers and vehicles until he runs out of people.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2011, 11:15:00 pm »

So, he has ,building-wise, a barracks, a war factory, and defenses?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 10, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »

Should he have any Mutant Hijackers and a Commando with him...
Dear dear, something bad will happen soon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 10, 2011, 11:18:07 pm »

Hmm, is it possible to blow up bases in AW? I don't think its ever happened aside from the color exploding out of the building when their side is beaten (but leaving the buildings intact)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 10, 2011, 11:37:43 pm »

Let me just clerify here: Kane has with him, at the start of the battle, many units, some of them high-tier. He does not have the infrustructure to create more of those high-tier units, though he could probably pump out normal soldiers and vehicles until he runs out of people.

That helps Breners cause. But Kane's few high tear units could still tear a hole through an advance wars army.

It is also worth taking into account that Kane is facing what essentially amounts to a conventional military force. Kane's army evolved to match up with the conventional tanks and planes used by GDI, he should have no trouble with those made in the presumably technologically inferior Advance Wars universe. Brener on the other hand has never seen laser or tiberium based weaponry before, he will have to adapt to several completely new threats.

I will conclude my arguement by saying that if Kane is only bringing a few late game units, one of them is most likely The Redeemer (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Redeemer)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 10, 2011, 11:42:13 pm »

It depends on what Era this Kane is from.

Red Alert 1?
CnC 1?
Tiberian Sun?
Tiberium Wars?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »

You have a (very heavily armed) point there in the Redeemer. Something that can crush the equivalent (aproximately, size-wize) of a Wartank underfoot is a major problem for Brenner.

But question: Since this is in Advance Wars World, aren't they both also stuck with the 50 active unit limit? Kane is used to much bigger armies.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:50:50 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:52 pm »

Let me just clerify here: Kane has with him, at the start of the battle, many units, some of them high-tier.
I'm assuming that means more than 50.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:10 am »

You have a (very heavily armed) point there in the Redeemer. Something that can crush the equivalent (aproximately, size-wize) of a Wartank underfoot is a major problem for Brenner.

But question: Since this is in Advance Wars World, aren't they both also stuck with the 50 active unit limit? Kane is used to much bigger armies.
Na, kain wouldn't have any of the AW restrictions. His only problem would be lack of more tiberium, which wouldn't be a problem since i doubt brenner could stop any of kain's epic units from steamrolling him.

Hell, even with a 50 unit cap, 10 redeemers would kill anything brenner could throw at him.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:58 am »

Even if it takes a long time for Tib' to grow here, it's still a renewable resource...
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35