Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How Lord Of The Rings should have ended  (Read 2103 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How Lord Of The Rings should have ended
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 01:48:33 pm »

I spent about five minutes imagining possible endings while looking at the title to this thread before actually coming in and looking... I was pleasantly surprised, I thought it would involve duke nukem, or possibly sam and possibly max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 01:59:29 pm »

When my dad first watched the first movie, my mom was like "Well, that's it.  Good, huh?" when the avalanche hit at Caradhras.  She said they all died but the ring revived Frodo.  My dad was pretty pissed that the ending was so lame.
Shoes...

Xanares

• Bay Watcher
  • Cut them all down!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:20 pm »

Hehe no believe me I'd never post a shitty alternative ending - which is the category most fall into.

I just saw it very fitting that the character used mostly for comic relief in the movies, just went in like a boss and ended it right there.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 04:34:58 pm »

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 12:28:34 am »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the books far more than the movies. Gimli is cooler for one thing.

You mean he's not a one-dimensional comic relief tool? Psha. Its way better this way, midget jokes never get old, after all!
>.>
The movies are entertaining, but they're not really the expansive and immersive world that the books described. Everything was simplified to its essence alone, in a story that already doesn't have much subtlety.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 12:34:54 am »

I dunno. I found the Two Towers to be gawd awful boring. Really had a hard time getting through it more than once. In particular, the whole Rohan arc felt totally out of place given the kind of story that had come before.

When I watched the movies though, the visuals drove home the message that I failed to take home from the books: the king is the land, the corruption of the king and his eventual rebirth. That was all really well done in the movies.

So to me, the places where the books shined, is where the movies failed. And where the books failed....the movies tended to make the scenes/arcs more compelling.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 01:05:00 am »

Reminds me of this.
Gimli was alot more DF like before the cuts.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 01:10:57 am »

The total length of the movies would have been at least a couple more hours long if they had included all the poems and songs. By my memory there were only two songs in the movie: When Bilbo wanders off after leaving the ring, and when Pippin/Merry sings to Denethor after he sends Faramir on a suicide mission.

Though now that I think of it, it would be a good series to make a musical out of.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 01:52:16 am »

The total length of the movies would have been at least a couple more hours long if they had included all the poems and songs. By my memory there were only two songs in the movie: When Bilbo wanders off after leaving the ring, and when Pippin/Merry sings to Denethor after he sends Faramir on a suicide mission.

Though now that I think of it, it would be a good series to make a musical out of.
You miss the The Green Dragon Inn song.
Pages: 1 [2]