Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Superhero beats up car hijacker.  (Read 1508 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Superhero beats up car hijacker.
« on: January 06, 2011, 04:01:33 am »

I really don't know what to say: http://www.kirotv.com/news/26363364/detail.html

Yes, he runs around, beating up criminals, and even has a tazer stick. This is just, odd. And kinda awesome. And his secret base is a comic book store.

Edit: hold on there's more of them: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/430430_super19.html
And yeah, he didn't beat up the car hijacker. Just realized that.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:04:18 am by chaoticag »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero beats up car hijacker.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:09:04 am »

I saw this on TV. Since the location of his secret lair seems to be public knowledge, I'm just patiently awaiting this guy eventually getting arrested for excessive force or whatever it is they arrest vigilante's for.

Oh, reading that other article it seems that the police know their SECRET IDENTITIES. Amateur move, Pheonix Jones, amateur move.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:10:55 am by kinseti »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:34 am »

Kickass. :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:56:16 am »

Kickass. :D

That is all I could think about while reading this. People are emulating heroes from a movie about people emulating heroes. Maybe they'll make a movie about that, and someone else will see it and decide to become a hero and we can continue the recursion chain.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 04:58:33 am »

That is all I could think about while reading this. People are emulating heroes from a movie about people emulating heroes. Maybe they'll make a movie about that, and someone else will see it and decide to become a hero and we can continue the recursion chain.

The only problem is that the big message of kickass was something along the lines of "YOU THERE! Yes you! You are only a geek because you have yet to find the better points of life, so you cling onto your memes and comic books like a child! You sicken me, grow up and get a girlfreind!"

So if anything, it should result is less super heros.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 04:58:51 am »

Oh, reading that other article it seems that the police know their SECRET IDENTITIES. Amateur move, Pheonix Jones, amateur move.
What they don't tell you is that only one man actually knows his identity, and he's the police commissioner.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 05:55:59 am »

What they don't tell you is that only one man actually knows his identity, and he's the police commissioner.
Played by Gary Oldman.

1:05 in the video is awesome. :D
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:23:37 am »

The only problem is that the big message of kickass was something along the lines of "YOU THERE! Yes you! You are only a geek because you have yet to find the better points of life, so you cling onto your memes and comic books like a child! You sicken me, grow up and get a girlfreind!"

So if anything, it should result is less super heros.

I didn't even get that out of it, though I only read the comic and not the movie. I thought it was a pretty pretentous piece. Though, it was heartbreaking when the kid gets the picture of his crush on the phone.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 06:29:28 am »

I didn't even get that out of it, though I only read the comic and not the movie. I thought it was a pretty pretentous piece. Though, it was heartbreaking when the kid gets the picture of his crush on the phone.

The movie sort of shouts it out at the top of its voice. The most obviouse being that between the protaganists (can't remember hes name right now) freind that are both always shown together, always agreeing with each other, always doing the same thing, basicaly each a carbon copy of each other. They might as well be the same person. Although through the movie, one gets a girl freind, and the other not. At the end of the movie is a great little scene where the one with a girlfreind is making out with her, and the one without, looking rather disinterested, goes back to reading a comic book.

So basicaly, they might as well be saying the only differance between them is that one got lucky, and lost hes geekhood because of it.

Oh, that and the big speech at the end... Both say the same thing.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 06:30:15 am »

I fucking love my hometown.

And yeah, actually, a lot of these superheroes predated Kick-Ass.  It just kind of...popularized them.  The actual real people, that is.  It's a weird hobby, but hey, look at it this way:  If you have that much time on your hands and you believe in the cause, isn't it reasonable to go out and try to keep the streets a little safer without a costume?  People do that.  And if you want to draw attention to the fact that you exist, kind of like how people put up those "Neighborhood Watch" stickers...well, I guess wearing a costume and going on the news works.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 06:32:56 am »

I fucking love my hometown.

And yeah, actually, a lot of these superheroes predated Kick-Ass.  It just kind of...popularized them.  The actual real people, that is.  It's a weird hobby, but hey, look at it this way:  If you have that much time on your hands and you believe in the cause, isn't it reasonable to go out and try to keep the streets a little safer without a costume?  People do that.  And if you want to draw attention to the fact that you exist, kind of like how people put up those "Neighborhood Watch" stickers...well, I guess wearing a costume and going on the news works.

Watchman explained the costumes.
Interesting fact: It is against the law to go visualante.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 06:38:01 am »

Phoenix Legion is the law.

EDIT: Jones, Phoenix Jones.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:21 am »

Interesting fact: It is against the law to go visualante.
The act of looking at Vigilantism?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:06 am »

There's another good movie: Defendor.
Even more realistic. Especially since the superhero is an actual moron. ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))