Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins  (Read 450 times)

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblins
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:36 pm »

So I have a couple of problems with goblins...

1> I caught one in a cage trap, the cage was moved to the animal stockpile, and I cannot seem to open the cage.  I've built a lever in that room and when I tried to connect it it wouldn't let me. (said nothing to attach to)  So I tried moving the cage outside, thinking the stockpile might be the problem, to a walled in courtyard, built a switch next to it and got the same message.  So I moved the lever two steps away (like with my floodgate) but again it will not connect.  I know I must be missing something here, but I cannot figure this out.   ???

2> Not sure this was a goblin, it was a thief, who walked across a 7 deep 5 tile wide river to get into my fort...Is that normal?  My hunter didn't/wouldn't follow him.  Having the river at my back I thought was pretty safe, but now I guess I have to wall in my back yard..

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:17:30 pm »

you need to build it, press b-j then press v to see what cage has the goblin in it and build it, carful though master theif goblins will pick the locks, just have ur army by it, let it out and kill it.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:21:33 pm »

1. Levers can only be linked to buildings. You're trying to link a lever to a cage building when all you've got is cage items. You can build cage items into cage buildings with b-j. Once you've set its location, hit x on the list of cages to expand the list so that each cage is listed separately instead of by material type. Then, once you've chosen the goblin cage in particular and a dwarf has come by to place it, you'll be able to link the trigger to it.

2. That "river" was probably a brook. Is the surface light blue watery-sign things? If so, it is a brook. Creatures can walk over brooks as if they were floors; this is a workaround Toady put in since he couldn't, make watercourses that would naturally be "shallow." True rivers (as well as streams) cannot be walked across, but brooks can.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 10:13:51 pm »

Knew I missing something with the cage.

Your right NecroRebel, it is a brook and not a river.  I never looked because when I searched for a starting location I had river checked and never even thought It would count a brook as a river.  Thanks!