Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How many artifacts do you have?  (Read 1578 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
How many artifacts do you have?
« on: January 05, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »

In my current fort (Largebusts) I have eleven. I did have 12, but the artifact brass spear went missing a few seasons ago.  They are:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How about you?  I especially like the last one for the name alone. It's going right into the Countess' chambers...
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: How many artifacts do you have?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »

Think I was on my third or fourth page of artifacts in my last 40d fort. Don't have the save anymore, so I don't know exactly how many.

Now I have... like... five artifacts, I think. Haven't played too much of my current fort.

The neat thing was that in both my current fort and my last, my first artifact was a warhammer in the first fall by an immigrant weaponsmith, and both weaponsmiths were eaten by nasty critters in the first winter.

'course the guy who wielded the legendary hammer in my last fort went on to become a war hero and killed nine fire clowns by himself with it, whereas in my current fort my dwarves seem to die all the time and the hammer's changed hands more often than a cold hobo with one glove.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:40:43 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »

Think I was on my third or fourth page of artifacts in my last 40d fort. Don't have the save anymore, so I don't know exactly how many.

Now I have... like... five artifacts, I think. Haven't played too much of my current fort.

The neat thing was that in both my current fort and my last, my first artifact was a warhammer in the first fall by an immigrant weaponsmith, and both weaponsmiths were eaten by nasty critters in the first winter.

'course the guy who wielded the legendary hammer in my last fort went on to become a war hero and killed nine fire clowns by himself with it, whereas in my current fort my dwarves seem to die all the time and the hammer's changed hands more often than a cold hobo with one glove.

Five pages!  Wow. How old was your previous fort?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »

40 years, give or take a couple. Can't remember when I started playing it or what version I started on, but I stopped on March 31st last year. Good timing, I reckon.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:13:26 pm »

Wait, what's that top artifact? It cuts off at 'red tourmaline br', and the only things I can remember starting with 'br' in DF are breastplates and braies (whatever the hell those are).
くコ:彡

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »

At 14 artifacts right now. 4 Mechanisms, 2 made from native gold, an native aluminum bed and a platinum anvil stand out.  :o

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 09:36:47 pm »

braies (whatever the hell those are).
I looked that up a while back, they are leather shorts, or something along those lines.

As for my artifacts, in Flagmine, there is:
01) a palm bed
02) a crystal opal floodgate
03) a perfect green glass gem
04) a tin buckler
05) a green glass bucket
06) a mule bone chain
07) a basalt amulet
08) a morian window
09) a palm chest
10) a rose gold pick
11) a lignite armor stand
12) a platinum mace
13) an aluminum battle axe
14) a fire opal crown
15) a palm earring
16) a steel mace
17) a green glass floodgate
18) a giant toad leather braies
19) a green glass box
20) a bauxite cabinet
21) a platinum crossbow
22) an electrum anvil
23) a rope reed fiber headscarf
24) a steel shield
So, 24 artifacts at Flagmine currently.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:34 pm »

braies (whatever the hell those are).

Specifically, braies were loose-fitting shorts-like garments worn before and through the European Middle Ages, worn only as undergarments toward the end of that period. Leather, wool, and eventually cotton and linen were common material.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:16 am »

Skinportal is in its 11th year:

1) steel mace
2) native silver grate
3) cave spider silk hood
4) native gold weapon rack
5) chesnut ring
6) cacao wood weapon rack
7) raw adamantine bracelet
8 ) raw adamantine earing
9) saguaro rib cabinet
10) giant cheetah leather face veil
11) dog bone earring
12) magnetite figurine of dwarves
13) adamantine greaves (blazing suns, dwarf killing human, dwarf killing goblin, ascension of queen)
14) elephant leather vest
15) raw adamantine mechanism (part of a 23m db well, half the worth of my fortress)
16) maple amulet (two images of the mechanism on it)
17) star ruby barrel (WTF -- currently filled with bags of whip vine flour)
18) birchen ring (image of one of my own axedwarves slaying a goblin "Ngerxung Failureterrors")
19) oaken crown
20) raw adamantine coffer (image of the mechanism, star ruby image of god of jewels and minerals contemplating)
21) oaken figurine (dwarf struck down by mountain titan in year 6)
22) adamantine short sword (image of the adamantine greaves, image of thief  dying to a trap)
23) goblin-cap casket (two images of the mechanism, one of the greaves, and one of the coffer, also a thief dying to a trap, also image of one of my best axedwarves killing a thief)
24) adamantine breastplate (image of itself, images of 2 dwarf kings and a general ascending, image of a dwarf striking down a human)
25) malachite amulet (image of my militia commander killing a goblin during a siege)
26) dog bone crown (no decorations, stupid bug)
27) adamantine shield

also 22 and 23 have images of a gobline Ngerxung Dungeonflash, a goblin. Neither one depict him doing anything.  I need to look him up in legends.

only the adamantine sword, the breastplate, and the wood coffin were 'quantum' artifcats, although i did use burrows to manipulate most of them.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:59:19 am »

Wait, what's that top artifact? It cuts off at 'red tourmaline br', and the only things I can remember starting with 'br' in DF are breastplates and braies (whatever the hell those are).

Bracelet.  Sorry, I haven't figured out how to make the sxcreenshots scroll yet!

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »

only the adamantine sword, the breastplate, and the wood coffin were 'quantum' artifcats, although i did use burrows to manipulate most of them.

What do you mean by "quantum"?

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 12:54:17 pm »

17) star ruby barrel (WTF -- currently filled with bags of whip vine flour)

"Wow Urist, it's beautiful... but what are we gonna do with it?"
"I 'unno, fill it with flour?"

@GotIt_00: "Quantum" relates to "planepacking" an artifact, which is manipulating a glitch with burrows to cause moody dwarves to gather far more materials than they normally would have, which inflates the value of the artifact.
Current Fort: NatureRags

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 01:20:20 pm »

Blackchasm's gotten 17 artifacts in 8 years.

1. The Socketed Panther, a magnetite mechanisms (44,400DB, how unlucky!)
2. The Tangle of Vipers, a chalk bed (6,000DB, how uncomfy!)
3. The Mysteries of Heating, a rubber wood bow (16,800DB, how useless!)
4. Paddlesabre, a tin cabinet (4,800DB, how underwhelming!)
5. The Whim of Chants, a palm blowgun (13,200DB, how exotic!)
6. Tanglebored, a pig tail fiber mask (11,880DB, how kinky!)
7. Defensestrangled, a dog leather turban (2,040DB, how pathetic!)
8. The Stop of Soaking, a quartzite statue of Ret Soakedoats (4,200DB, how amusing!)
9. Plainsnegated, a chalk quern (44,400DB, how redundant!)
10. Truthsound, a mango wood hatch cover (18,000DB, how neglected!)
11. The Silence of Siezures, a cave spider silk cap (91,100DB, how unexpected!)
12. Roughcalm, a Styrofoam greaves (1,188,000DB, how awesome!)
13. Smearedkindle the Mighty Nails, an orthoclase armor stand (28,800DB, how forgettable!)
14. Flickeredsalve, a cow leather helm (56,640DB, how appropriate!)
15. Sadnesspastime, a raw Styrofoam helm (643,200DB, how impressive!)
16. Vanishblades, a perfect yellow spessartine (48,000DB, how shiny!)
17. Scaledscorned, a cave spider silk shirt (49,840DB, how soft!)

Overall these artifacts are small fry contributors to Blackchasm's 43,783,527DB of wealth.
Sanity is for the weak.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 04:47:01 pm »

That's an impressive wealth (candy armor much?), i got 32 artifacts (11 years in). Like half of them is bone crafting crap. Best one is a candy mail shirt. I also got a candy cabinet and a candy chest. Only 15,5 mil wealth in total however.
The gemcutter just finished artifact number 33 an emerald scepter worth about 10k.  ::)

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 05:15:23 pm »

Most of my fort's wealth is actually due to the massive number of large, serrated steel discs manufactured there.  A few hundred of those add up in value quickly, and I've 2,400 steel free to make more of 'em.
Sanity is for the weak.
Pages: [1] 2