Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge - Free-for-all. Turn 7!  (Read 19001 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roll to Dodge - Free-for-all. Only 3 spots left!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 09:05:08 pm »

FLAME ON! I activate my hidden powers of self-combustion and burn the ropes.
Wouldn't with self combustion you die either way?  you mean self immolation -- I assume.
I assume that I have the Required Secondary Power of being flame-proof. Self-immolation would imply that I'm just burning myself to death.

...That'll happen either way if I roll a 1, though...
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »

Using my Thermal powers i repeadedly subject my bindinds to alternating heat and cold, causing it to fail due to thermal shock
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 09:42:37 pm »

Wouldn't with self combustion you die either way?  you mean self immolation -- I assume.
I assume that I have the Required Secondary Power of being flame-proof. Self-immolation would imply that I'm just burning myself to death.

according to the superpowerwiki it's fire mimicry  self combustion refers to mysterious death through ciggy butts

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:18 am »

according to the superpowerwiki it's fire mimicry  self combustion refers to mysterious death through ciggy butts

superpowerwiki
:o
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 02:13:52 am »

Saying "Well, sorry, you burned to death because fire resistance isn't implied C:" is like saying "You fell on you ass and liquefied, and bones aren't implied C:"
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Mattpoppybros

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrible at this game... My fort won't die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 04:08:44 am »

I'd like one power before joining, and I'd like that power to be a -2 to all rolls, because of extreme bad luck.

Why? So that I end up doing things like shooting people with lazers rather than cutting the ropes I'm tied with.

Okay, now my action is... Suddenly be untied from the ropes

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 09:50:32 am »

I'd like one power before joining, and I'd like that power to be a -2 to all rolls, because of extreme bad luck.

Why? So that I end up doing things like shooting people with lazers rather than cutting the ropes I'm tied with.

Okay, now my action is... Suddenly be untied from the ropes

Yea you shoot yourself withy lazers instead of being untied :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - Free-for-all. Turn 0 pending.
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 11:22:34 am »

Because I'm feeling nice, I'll let wolfchild in. And with that, we are full! Although It seems I'm also fairly liberal with the maluses, so maybe not so nice. og well, Turn up!!

Turn 0!!

I will use my convenient placing to hit any button/lever.
(4+1=5)You swing yourself backwards and forwards, to get the momentum to strike one of the levers/buttons. You suddenly get the urge to turn and look behind you, and doing so you see vadia hurtling towards you. (6) Using super reflexes and unexpected skill, you use him to get the extra momentum (+1 to your roll) and launch yourself forwards, (5) activating the number one lever. The room hums for a moment, and a green light appears by the lever. Then the lever slips back into the off position and everything is back to normal.

I agilely slip free from my bindings.
(6)You swing yourself up and over, clamping your legs against the rope to stop yourself from slipping and allowing free access to your hands. You then set to work. Rythmically rotating your wrists, you work the bindings lose. Elated at your success you release your legs, only to remember that you are 6m from the floor! (4)(1) You plummet downwards, but manage to land on hands and do a forward flip, somersault, and land. Unfortunatly the jarring to your hands and feet from the landing are too painful to ignore. (-1 to all physical actions for 2 turns)

Grab onto exkirby with my legs (just to keep from falling when I break the rope)
(1)You swing yourself backwards and forwards in order to get the momentum to reach Exkirby. But you fail at grabbing him with your legs, and instead just swing straight towards him! (6) Not only does he dodge with inhuman speed, he uses your momentum to help him with his button mashing. (+1 to Exkirby's roll) However, this also causes you to hurtle towards the wall. (5) Thankfully, in some past life, you were obviusly skilled at landing on vertical walls and take it without a scratch (+1 to dodge falling damage)

Okay for someone whose never done RTD game before to jump in?  In which case, I turn to the player to my left and suggest we try to swing towards eachother and lock legs.
(4)You make your suggestion to your neighbour, before noticing that they are still unconscious and have the distinct smell of NPC about them. Regardless, you swing forwards, and lock your legs with his. What now?

I pull myself up and start chewing on my bindings, which are soft ropes instead of chains, right?
(6)You pull yourself up so you can reach your bindings, and start ripping at them wildy with your teeth. The ropes are quickly eviscerated, and you fall to the ground (5), landing well. You then notice that your wrists are bleeding (2), not overly, but enough to cause concern. You obviously got over enthusiastic with the rope shredding. (-1 to all rolls using your hand for 2 turns)

Struggle and break out of my bindings.
(4)You strain and struggle with the ropes, (4) when you hear a snap and you drop to the floor (2) hitting the ground hard. (-1 to next action) You examine your wrists expectantly, but see you are still tied up, the rope appears to have snapped about half way along it's length. (Got 10m rope tied to wrists!)

Rage-Quit being bound to ceiling
(1) No. In fact the rope is tied tightly around the entirety of your body! You can't move a muscle. You're also hanging by your ankles.

RIGTHAR FREE FROM CHAINS WITH STRENGHT!
(5) You're not sure what Rigthar is, or what chains your ment to do it to, so you instead rip the ropes binding your wrists. (2) You drop to the ground with a thud. (-1 to roll next turn). Examining your wrists, you see the ropes are still attached, but are no more than bracelets now. (Got Rope bracelets!)

(3)You imagine yourself as the famous superhero of your childhood, the 'Human Torch'. You let out a shout "FLAME ON!", and concentrate, hard. You swear you can feel yourself heating up slightly, but no where near enough to cause any fires.

Wait, I'm tied to the ceiling? No, I am clearly tied to the floor grate!
(1)Nope, I'm quite sure you're tied to the ceiling. Actually no, you're not tied, your chained.

Using my Thermal powers i repeadedly subject my bindinds to alternating heat and cold, causing it to fail due to thermal shock
(3)You concentrate hard on your bindings, and swear that you could feel a change in temperature. Nothing seems to happen though.

Statuses:
Exkirby - Naked & tied up

Nirur Torir - Naked & on tiled floor
-1 to all physical actions for 2 turns

vadia - Naked & tied up
+1 to dodge falling damage

Mazonas - Naked & tied up

Dwarmin - Naked
-1 to actions involving hands for 2 turns

Diablous - Naked & hands tied on tiled floor
-1 to actions involving hands untill freed
-1 to next action
10m of rope tied to hands

Realmfighter - Naked & all trussed up
-1 to all physical actions until freed

Jetsquirrel - Naked
-1 to next action
Rope bracelets

Gatleos - Naked & tied up

Humaan - Naked & chained up

wolfchild - Naked & tied up
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:37:44 pm by Kashyyk »

Mazonas

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge - Free-for-all. Turn 1!
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 12:18:17 pm »

(4)You make your suggestion to your neighbour, before noticing that they are still unconscious and have the distinct smell of NPC about them. Regardless, you swing forwards, and lock your legs with his. What now?

Damn.  Hmmm...

Struggle out of ropes, keeping legs around the NPC so that I hang from them acrobat-style once out of the ropes.
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy
All is gems and pregnancy and apes!

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »

bounce up and down until the stress breaks the rope

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 01:08:23 pm »

I try to think the pain away.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 01:33:53 pm »

Reveal to the rope that I have a bondage fetish, and kindly ask to be released before this become uncomfortable for every involved party.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 02:34:10 pm »

Repeat the action, while imagining that vadia is a BIG, RED, SHINY DISTRACTING BUTTON
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »

Go to the nearest button and press it. With my head. I can deal with the ropes binding my hands later.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 03:48:59 pm »

Repeat the action, while imagining that vadia is a BIG, RED, SHINY DISTRACTING BUTTON
I'm not?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12