Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with zip file.  (Read 475 times)

Fujikoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need help with zip file.
« on: January 04, 2011, 04:05:06 pm »

Sorry if this question has already been asked before. I got a new computer recently, I'm not sure what operating system I'm running, think it might be windows 7... Anyway, downloaded DF SDL, I asked some people which one and they said SDL was better to download than Lineage (not sure why, exactly), and it appears to be some sort of zip file, but 7zip won't open it. Can anyone help me out with this, please?

Does it have something to do with a client? I read something about that somewhere, but I really don't understand. Thanks.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with zip file.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 04:18:26 pm »

Sorry if this question has already been asked before. I got a new computer recently, I'm not sure what operating system I'm running, think it might be windows 7... Anyway, downloaded DF SDL, I asked some people which one and they said SDL was better to download than Lineage (not sure why, exactly), and it appears to be some sort of zip file, but 7zip won't open it. Can anyone help me out with this, please?

Does it have something to do with a client? I read something about that somewhere, but I really don't understand. Thanks.

It's not df_31_18_win.zip?

if so, 7zip definitely should be able to open it, unless when you installed it you didn't associate .zip files with it for some reason.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:19:31 pm »

does it give an error when you try to open it? if so it likely was either corrupted or incomplete when you downloaded it.

Try deleting the file and redownloading it. 7zip should absolutely work, it's what I use.

Fujikoma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:22:24 pm »

Alright. Thanks a lot, I'll try that.