Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Miasma woes...  (Read 2336 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Miasma woes...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »

Yeah, but soap still actually works as long as it's in a bag/box/chest in a hospital zone.

So then, no bins? I think one of my old (inactive but alive) fortresses has soap in the hospital, but they may be in bins.
No bins, because it's not in a stockpile.  Soap in a stockpile, in or out of bins, is bugged.  Build lots of chests in your hospital, your dwarves will automatically store soap and other hospital supplies there.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 11:04:53 pm »

a single soap will last for a long long time, there's no reasons to mass produce them unless you want infinite building blocks. ONE chest work just fine.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 04:31:31 am »

Sure there's a reason. If you have 20 injured dwarfs and all need cleaning it will take some time if you only have 3 bars of soap (which would show up as 450 units in the hospital information). Unlucky dwarves might even be cleaned without soap if all 3 bars are at use at the same time. I always make as many bars as i have beds in the hospital.

And the rot infection ended with the surgeon becoming grand master and operating like mad on the axelord and the miner and the miners child but sadly the game crashed when i tried looking at the poor guy. After he had leveled up he could remove rotten tissue at the speed of 1-2 per day and actually got the child down to minor rot on the feet once. Upon loading i had only lost 30 minutes of play time, but every sick dwarf died of infection upon load. The surgeon is only high master still. I figure if he would train to be a legendary surgeon he might actually be able to beat the rot. Oh well since i only get deadly vapors and dust beasts in this fort almost exclusively he'll prolly get some more practice again soon.
Pages: 1 [2]