Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Has anyone tried duplicating the RAWs yet?  (Read 6423 times)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried duplicating the RAWs yet?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:49 am »

Their blood got replaced with !!boiling succubus milk!!
!!boiling succubus milk!!
*Hysterical Laughter*
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

MacMahoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 01:36:57 am »

This has to be the best part of DF

Play the game and have a fun time

Break the game and watch the awesome start
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:40:00 am by MacMahoon »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 01:44:15 am »

Their blood got replaced with !!boiling succubus milk!!
!!boiling succubus milk!!
*Hysterical Laughter*
Oh dear god, that made me laugh. That is awesome and wrong at the same time.

Thanks to the posts, I'm going to try duplicating raws. Will edit in the results if they're interesting.

Edit: First world, all layers are layers of "rock". That's too boring, genning again.

Edit2: "Rock" world again. I wonder if it's actually "rock" or if it's something else.

Edit3: Holy crap, random tiles are quickly switching what they are at the speed of light EVEN WHILE PAUSED. And the world really is filled with "rock" layers and no trees at all. Also, dwarves are elves. And random gems take the place of metal. But this isn't what I want since "rock" layers are just... "Rock" and nothing else. Genning until I get a non-"Rock" world.

Edit4: Alright, I got the raws to a state where everything won't be "rock", but I have to go to sleep... I'll start up the awesomeness tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:18:42 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 03:27:37 am »

TELEPORTING FREEZING WAGONS

OH GOD

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 04:11:23 am »

All mine does is crash when I embark  :-[

I did have one where I embarked as ice-wolves wearing whale leather, with some magma crabs as pets.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 05:05:14 am »

This is hilarious, apparently My civilisation is goblins, yet I can embark with snakemen (who can do jobs) and trogs which are just idiots.

All thier clothing is made from pigtails, kidney tissue, forgotten beast tallow.

Fire snakes swim in water, and I'm at war with Cap hoppers.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 06:38:47 am »

The game gave me, among others, an entire Ogre civilization. Beats the Olm/Toad civilizations it generated last time

That's better! Giants, Ettins, and Cyclops.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 06:55:27 am by Serio »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 09:27:30 am »

Do you have to put the duplicated raw into the same file?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Iced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 09:47:51 am »

Do you have to put the duplicated raw into the same file?
Nope, simply copy one of the files and paste it into the folder.

It seems to crash whenever I embark with pet wagons though, the game is not particularly impressed with pet 'nothing's either. :-[
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:56:13 am by Iced »

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 11:39:30 am »

I played a duplicated raw game as a Fly adventurer yesterday.  I started with 350 speed and no items and I couldn't open doors, but I could fly with ALT+move.  Some kobolds ambushed me and I got beheaded instantly with an axe while trying to wrestle them. 

That was from duplicating the Toad entry in creature_amphibians or whatever file its in.

Was he named Urist McBrundle?
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:14 am »

I duplicated a ton of raws this time, including stone layers, body_default for some reason, and some creatures.  Let's see.

Civilizations: Bronze Colossus, Cyclops, Minotaurs, Ettins, Giants.  Not quite as amusing as unicorns and hydras, but eh.

Then I tried to look at a fairy megabeast, and the game crashed.  Woooo.  Legends Viewer works better anyway.  This fairy breathes dragon fire and is still at large, undefeated.
Had two brook lamprey megabeasts.  One died of old age without doing anything, the other spent all its time letting opponents escape and then died of old age.

Embarking with bronze colossi, with some blind cave ogre children as pets.  Iron men are fish.  All sand is generic "rock."

Upon embark... every ground tile that's not covered by grass is rapidly zooming through every possible type of stone in a strobe-light effect, wooooo.  Walls are generic "rock" in some places, and regular stone/gems in others...  ....that is a lot of galena.  The entire top half of the mountain is almost solid galena.

Trying another embark location for somethin' possibly more intriguing than galena mountains, in a terrifying black-sand desert, we get... well, my wagon puller is a cap hopper.  That's fun.  Other than that, though, more "rock" wall and disco floors.

After regenning until I got a world that didn't have disco floors... I had two layers of native platinum.  :3
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »

Well, my happy band of seven Wizard Dwarves, their pet fly, and all just hit a snag.

the traders came, they brought along Centaurs and Beetles as pack animals.  which is pretty cool, except--

they didnt bring a damned thing to trade!

Also, Ratman in place of a kobold.

The elves got turned into frogmen and tentacle demons were megabeasts and the humans were lizardfolk

I had to abandon though, due to constant crashing :(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:44:20 pm by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 12:35:41 am »

So you just copy a raw and paste it somewhere.. else? i don't get it sorry... :(

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 12:45:57 am »

Just copy one of the raw .txt files right in your dwarf fortress raws folder.  Nothing fancier than that needed.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 01:55:17 am »

Are there any tips for doing this without causing a catastrophic dwarf fortress process explosion?  I tried half a dozen times, and only got through once to a fairly tame ALL DEVIL WORLD that wasn't swamped in "Rock"
Current Fort: NatureRags
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5