Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Has anyone tried duplicating the RAWs yet?  (Read 6433 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried duplicating the RAWs yet?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 03:38:46 pm »

I may have to try this sometime.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »

Fly adventurer [...]trying to wrestle them. 

ASCII characters are nice and all, but sometimes it's such a shame...
(by the way, to save your time if you want to try out other "ridiculous adventurers", wagon adventurers are 3X3 and scuttle after the first step).
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 08:43:09 pm »

Um...

Is this just copying random parts of random entries? Or is it copying the complete section?

rampaging-poet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 09:21:14 pm »

Um...

Is this just copying random parts of random entries? Or is it copying the complete section?

That depends on what you mean by "section."  Whatever you copy still has to be syntactically correct or it just won't run, but duplicating a whole creature instead of a whole creature file will still give you a messed-up world.

I tried duplicating the dwarf entry recently and ended up with humans in dark towers, goblins in forest retreats, elves in standard towns, and mighty gremlin civs in the caverns below.  I never actually tried to embarked, but browsing through legends mode was amusing.
Lame excuse? 'Having a drink instead' is the dwarfiest reason to not get something done, short of accidentally flooding your home with magma. Or intentionally flooding your home with magma.

Puddums

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »

Duplicated the RAW for cardinals in 31.17, got a world where humans replace dwarves, elves replace humans, and goblins replace elves; embarked once and there were very strange articles of clothing, like cave fish tallow caps, giant earthworm soap shoes, and fire imp leather gloves. I generated a second world with the exact same results, and I'm having someone else do the same to see if it's truly random or not.

EDIT: In addition, satyrs replace dragons, and other creatures replace other megabeasts. Including a female mermaid who devoured a wagon.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 09:46:01 pm by Puddums »

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 09:55:09 pm »

Just for the amusement I duplicated the birds creature raw.  Civs are:
Gremlins
Unicorns
Trolls
Dragons
Ogres

Embarking as gremlins, and they are apparently all Hunters.

Hair is a kind of meat now.  They mostly have meat from various primates, and whales.  They've also got "unknown frozen creature substance" from fire men, fire snakes, iron men, and forgotten beasts.

Bat men, giant cheetahs, and olm women are fish.

Whale tallow is leather.

Available cloth: fire snake cloth, olm leather cloth.

Handwear: Drunian kidney tissue gloves.  Giant cave spider frozen ichor gloves.

Extracts: "mountain gnome n/a" "dark gnome n/a" "giant tiger melted soap"

I embarked.

Everyone instantly set on fire.

Your settlement has crumbled to its end.

Maybe it's just my luck, but duplicating the raws for large numbers of creatures seems to have more interesting results--duplicating only a few raws usually just jumbled around which race took which role, and duplicating the helms raw the same, but every time I duplicated an entire large creature file, I ended up embarking with hydras and having my pet vultures eaten by ferocious gazelles.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:22:22 pm by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Puddums

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »

Well... just duplicated a large quantity of raws, including one or two multiple times... it appears that literally every civilization is forgotten beasts. Going to embark now.

EDIT: all of my "dwarves" are forgotten beast chameleons. As soon as I unpaused, I got 31 pages of canceled jobs because of too injured spam. All of them seem fine. Apparently you can duplicate too many RAWS.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:11:44 pm by Puddums »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »

If you duplicate a stone raw, the geology of the world goes nuts. I had large clusters of raw adamantine in layers of precious fire opal once.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »

If you duplicate a stone raw, the geology of the world goes nuts. I had large clusters of raw adamantine in layers of precious fire opal once.
I've done that before;
I had beaches of slade as part of the result.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 08:56:26 pm »

I have a party of wizards with a pet fly, and fluffy wamblers are now wild animals instead of vermin.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ImaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:27 pm »

I duplicated all of the stone layer thingys, and I have a layer of petrified wood near the magma sea.... ::)

Edit: Turns out I can embark with pet wagons.  And cows milk is frozen.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:22:05 pm by ImaDwarf »

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 10:21:09 pm »

Your world has natural ice cream! Glorious!
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

ImaDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 11:27:04 pm »

Your world has natural ice cream! Glorious!
Not so glorious, the game crashes when I try to embark.   :'(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 11:51:52 pm »

Twice have I accidentally duplicated raws.

In 40D I ddin't figure out what I did, but I ended up with kobolds as humans, wearing infinitely cold leather clothing that caused some horrible burns. I was terrified to go outside because I thought that was the cause and that I would spontaneously combust. :o
Also something about fluffy wamblers, deer, and goblins.

Recently I accidentally did it again, but this time I actually figured out what I did to cause it. I had duplicated a creature without changing it's identity token. That world had mermaids and mountain goats as horrifying megabeasts, roaming the mountains, slaughtering the actually nigh-invincible succubi I had modded in at some point in the past, who were replacing humans. When I spawned as one everything got weirder; everyone was a peasant and would follow me around like a great flock of naked bird-women bent on raping me in my sleep. Then I got into a fight with soldiers in a nearby castle, without provocation. We were all part of the same civ but apparently I was that fugly. Their blood got replaced with !!boiling succubus milk!!, which didn't cause any of us to die any faster. I had to force myself to starve to death to actually get out of the fight. Never a dull moment with duplicate raws!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:36 am »

I've done that before;
I had beaches of slade as part of the result.
Imagine how awesome that would be in adventurer mode!  slade pebbles! :D
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5