Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Plagues Have Begun  (Read 12069 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Plagues Have Begun
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 08:44:11 pm »

I was joking.

And for that you will suffer the ordeal of the thousand flaming blades!

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:23 pm »

You can drive! Cars use gas not oil. Dummy.
Gas is a state of matter, cars use (For the most part) petrol. It's short for petroleum. Enough of your American colloquialisms.
Petroleum/gasoline is an oil product.
So, who here is a first born son?

At first I was all like  :( because I am a first born son. Then I stayed like that.
My attitude was more like  :o .
[/post]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:56 pm »

Replying to follow, and to say this is fucking scary.  I mean New Years Day, that's fucking odd, you can say all you want it's fireworks, birds didn't start falling from the sky here, and almost everyone set off fireworks. 
Nom nom nom

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2011, 09:35:16 pm »

I'm very interested to see how this progresses, though I'm still fairly convinced that the cases in the US are due to disease. It's affecting highly localized populations, and appears to be moving through areas, and striking when birds are migrating south in large groups (IE mingling with birds from disparate areas, exposing them to unfamiliar pathogens).

I know that testing, so far, has been inconclusive, but when I did wildlife rehabilitation, we often had groups die off similarly, with no obvious cause. We followed up with disease testing, but it was always inconclusive.

Birds are just extremely fragile organisms.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2011, 12:04:29 am »

Which is why, along with marine life, they're a good indicator when something is ****ed up.

That said, the official explanation makes a lot of sense to me. Whether has been psychotic across the world this year.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:59 am »

Except that in Mississippi and Louisiana the weather has been between the 6os and 80s.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2011, 12:56:29 am »

Another update:

I saw on the local Channel 4 News that several hundred blackbirds were found in Tennessee, dead, on a stretch of road. The odd thing was that they were not dead next to the power lines across the road. They were not dead in the fields. They were dead, specifically, on the side of the road.

I'd source it, but I'm afraid it would take forever to find that information on my internet connection. I'm pretty sure it was Middle Tennessee, if that helps anyone's searches.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:11 am »

With one exception all these appear to be happening in the American south. And I thought they were heading North. I guess it's just kinda happening all over.

And this could be going on all over the country but just in abandoned areas.

This is gettin' weird.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2011, 01:06:33 am »

Maybe they hit an electrified invisible wall in the air? Goddamn commies are putting them everywhere hoping that eventually they will take down our aircraft. The birds were just civilian casualties... Next will be our aircraft... Then they'll strap explosives to the walls and then crash all of them down on us... We have to stop them. WE HAVE TO STOP THE-Oh look, pills. Nappy time.

[/likely-not-time-for-joking-joke]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:08:51 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2011, 01:09:37 am »

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING, THE SEAS ARE TURNING TO BLOOD, THE DEAD WALK THE EARTH, LOOTING IS IN EFFECT, MOUNTAINS ARE FALLING INTO THE OCEAN AND VOLCANOES ARE ERUPTING CHOCOLATE, CARAMEL DANSEN ECHOES IN THE NOW ABANDONED STREETS!
Hello Hunam

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 01:10:25 am »

Well if it counts for anything, Queensland, Australia has gone through 40 days and nights of rain, and it basicaly under water right now.

Look it up on it up on a map, Queensland is sort of a big state compaired to your US states.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2011, 01:17:49 am »

One of the mass-deaths was actually explained pretty well. Again, can't source, but hopefully my explanation will give enough information for those who can take the time to source it.

Fireworks on New Year's Day caused local birds that were roosting to take to the skies and fly into the storm. The storm itself killed them, whether by trauma due to high-altitude hail or otherwise.

That gives absolutely no explanation for the other ones though, especially in Middle Tennessee. A big problem is is that this seemed in a pretty rural area, so it wasn't reported for a few days. The birds have been dead too long for any sort of analysis, other than it seems a likely cause is some sort of trauma, which would be hard to say as a cause of death because it's assumed they fell from the sky and hit the ground pretty hard.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2011, 01:21:06 am »

Well if it counts for anything, Queensland, Australia has gone through 40 days and nights of rain, and it basicaly under water right now.

Look it up on it up on a map, Queensland is sort of a big state compaired to your US states.

OK I'm really not into this end times stuff... But I need canned goods and Bibles... NOW!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2011, 01:29:21 am »

Were all out of canned goods, but we have plenty of bibles left!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2011, 01:39:41 am »

Were all out of canned goods, but we have plenty of bibles left!

I'm pretty sure there's still some people spooked about nuclear holocaust and Y2k that have bunkers of canned foodstuffs. Or at least stuff that's abandoned. Find your nearest conspiracy theorist, get buddy buddy until you gain access to his bunker, then loot the hotels that still carry bibles in the nightstands.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12