Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The FAILitary  (Read 3698 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: The FAILitary
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 04:24:14 am »

Gloves in vanilla do not cover your fingers. Would you like for me to show you how to mod the game so they do cover fingers?

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 04:39:24 am »

Cloaks are the most badass thing ever. The only disadvantage I've found is that they will always grow attached to it, since it blocks every spear.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 04:42:24 am »

Gloves in vanilla do not cover your fingers. Would you like for me to show you how to mod the game so they do cover fingers?
You sure?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 04:51:12 am »

Wouldn't gloves need [LBSTEP:MAX] to cover fingers?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 04:53:27 am »

Wouldn't gloves need [LBSTEP:MAX] to cover fingers?
Dunno. All I know is that toady changed the status of that bug to "fixed." That's why I said "you sure?" Since my dorfs got no fingers to begin with, I leave the !!SCIENCE!! bidding to you.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 04:58:19 am »

[UBSTEP:int] is the number of steps towards the upper body. [LBSTEP:int] is the number of steps away from the upper body. Because it goes
Fingers - hand - lower arm - upper arm - torse
We need [LBSTEP:1] or [LBSTEP:MAX] as they both mean the same thing here.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 05:03:51 am »

[UBSTEP:int] is the number of steps towards the upper body. [LBSTEP:int] is the number of steps away from the upper body. Because it goes
Fingers - hand - lower arm - upper arm - torse
We need [LBSTEP:1] or [LBSTEP:MAX] as they both mean the same thing here
The issue is: does it need those parameters now? I know it needed to be like that in the past, but since toad has confirmed fixing those bugs, would it supposedly cover fingers without having to change anything?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 05:05:22 am »

It would be most illogical if it didn't.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 10:50:29 am »

I should probably note that this save is on a 0.31.16 copy of DF, so if the bug was fixed after that, that's why it happened to me.  And amazingly enough, the cloaks actually did the job of preventing massive damage to extremities.
Sanity is for the weak.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 10:58:17 am »

See, all this could be avoided if you didn't use danger rooms. Be a real dwarf and intentionally train your military the old fashion way AKA having them train in the barracks 24/7 like an idiot.

Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 11:51:02 am »

I should probably note that this save is on a 0.31.16 copy of DF, so if the bug was fixed after that, that's why it happened to me.  And amazingly enough, the cloaks actually did the job of preventing massive damage to extremities.
This is exactly what's happened. I think the fix to extremities for gauntlets (etc) was in 31.17, but I'm almost certain it's AFTER 31.16.

...time to upgrade. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]