Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you generally prefer natural beauty or artificial beauty?

I generally prefer natural beauty.
I generally prefer artificial beauty.
I like artificial beauty but I can enjoy natural beauty.
I like natural beauty but I can enjoy artificial beauty.
I do not see any difference.
Other
View poll.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Natural Beauty vs Artificial Beauty  (Read 29711 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Natural Beauty vs Artificial Beauty
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2011, 05:10:01 pm »

[sarcasem]ALL THE OF ABOVE! Women must not have plasic surgery, makup, hair dye, must have natural hair, must not use accessories. And most definately must never wear clothes ever![/sarcasem]
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2011, 05:16:57 pm »

It took me three days, feeding on raw meat and plants, to find my way to civilization.
Sounds like this one time I was in the Bronx. I was visiting some relatives when I got lost in a bad part of the city. The sun was going down and the creeps were starting to seep out of the cracks, so I took out my pocketknife and prepared myself. It wasn't long before a horde of 15 scumbags jumped me armed with rakes, chains, knives, boxing gloves with barbed wire on them, bags full of sand to throw in my eyes, piano wire garrotes, nails in boards, rotten eggs, fireworks, PVC pipes, severed limbs and fine china.
 Well, my knife was quickly broken from my grip. I only had Pain and Fury to back me up, and they are quite the team. I handled ten of them before they started to run, so I gave chase. It was just my luck that they lured me to the middle of a firefight between drug lords. Needless to say I had to crawl my way through no mans land and made my way out of that feud. By morning I had finally made my way to a part of town I recognized and escaped the horrors of the slums. And I only got stabbed once when a piece of glass inserted itself in my leg from a grenade that fell a little too close for comfort.

Nope, no chance I stabbed myself when I forgot that the end of my pocketknife is sharp in a fever haze during finals week.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »

*Sarcasm.

I boldly presume the thread aimed at the bodily physique.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:58 pm »

It took me three days, feeding on raw meat and plants, to find my way to civilization.
Sounds like this one time I was in the Bronx. I was visiting some relatives when I got lost in a bad part of the city. The sun was going down and the creeps were starting to seep out of the cracks, so I took out my pocketknife and prepared myself. It wasn't long before a horde of 15 scumbags jumped me armed with rakes, chains, knives, boxing gloves with barbed wire on them, bags full of sand to throw in my eyes, piano wire garrotes, nails in boards, rotten eggs, fireworks, PVC pipes, severed limbs and fine china.
 Well, my knife was quickly broken from my grip. I only had Pain and Fury to back me up, and they are quite the team. I handled ten of them before they started to run, so I gave chase. It was just my luck that they lured me to the middle of a firefight between drug lords. Needless to say I had to crawl my way through no mans land and made my way out of that feud. By morning I had finally made my way to a part of town I recognized and escaped the horrors of the slums. And I only got stabbed once when a piece of glass inserted itself in my leg from a grenade that fell a little too close for comfort.

Nope, no chance I stabbed myself when I forgot that the end of my pocketknife is sharp in a fever haze during finals week.
Wait, when was all this implemented in minecraft?  :P

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 05:21:52 pm »

I got a scar in the back of my head by walking backwards into a flagpost holder.

No wait, scratch that. I got several scars in the back of the head, one of which was caused by me walking backwards into a flagpost holder.

...don't ask about the context. Or the other scars, for that matter.

This is now the brag-about-your-scars thread.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:36 pm »

Ah, this reminds me. I got a check-mark shaped scar on the top of my head where hair never grows. It was caused when I tried to figure out why the blinds to my window weren't working, followed by it coming down onto my head from 9 feet in the air.

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 05:26:37 pm »

I have hundreds of tiny little scars over the backs of my hands.

FROM EVIL CATS.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2011, 05:30:17 pm »

My cat has attacked me often enough (because he loves me), yet it never scarred over.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »

Oh  right. I forgot about head scars, hurpdurp. I have one pretty much at the dead center of my head, caused by my falling into the corner of a 1 foot think square building support made of concrete. I'm not sure if it's faded though, because I can't very well see the top of my head through my hair.

I have hundreds of tiny little scars over the backs of my hands.

FROM EVIL CATS.
Amen to that, brutha.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2011, 05:33:39 pm »

I'm going to answer about men, because I feel more qualified to talk about them.

Hair dye: don't like it.  I have a thing for graying hair.  I wouldn't advocate that young men use gray hair dye, though, because that just looks weird >_>
Styling: I like it when guys go and get a good haircut about once or twice a year--not super-short, though, I've screamed when I saw guys who cut their girlish locks off.  Fewer haircuts than that and it's a bit grungy; more than that and you never get to see a guy with his hair grown out a little.
Dudes with makeup: unless you're covering up a black eye or doing something really spectacular and odd, I don't want to see it.  Before anyone screams gender discrimination, this is generally my standard for women too.
Plastic surgery: unless you need it and you're having quality-of-life problems, forget it.  Fixing a severe underbite = good.  Nose jobs = I'd be happier if you went and got it broken a couple of times (not intentionally, duh).  Then your face would have some character.
Clothing: clothing is good.  In general, I figure one should buy what one wants and wear it.  I have styles that I prefer, just as I do for all of these aesthetic things, but I figure that clothing serves a functional purpose as well as a decorative one.  Though I have been attracted to people who appeared to own only one pair of pants, I generally prefer a look that involves a little bit more range than that.
Accessories: not big on them.
Cologne: no.
Other hygiene: shower as needed.
Facial hair: grow it out, trim so it doesn't get explosive.  I do not want to see food in your beard.  That is just gross.

Yup.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2011, 05:34:08 pm »

My cat has attacked me often enough (because he loves me), yet it never scarred over.

One of them was from a cat literally getting it's claw threaded through my skin. It went in, went under and came out.

If you just get scratched a bit by cats, it's completely different. :p

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2011, 05:40:59 pm »

One of them was from a cat literally getting it's claw threaded through my skin. It went in, went under and came out.

If you just get scratched a bit by cats, it's completely different. :p

My cat entrenched his fangs so deep into my skin that I could lift my arm and he was still hanging on it.
I pulled him off and left several bleeding trails.

I love that cat.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:20 pm »

Vec, even guys wearing extreme makeup like black eyeliner can get pretty ridiculous. Period. And sometimes the reason to wear makeup is so you don't see it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2011, 05:58:13 pm »

Vec, even guys wearing extreme makeup like black eyeliner can get pretty ridiculous. Period. And sometimes the reason to wear makeup is so you don't see it.

No, I meant more in terms of "face paint to make you look like a bird, maybe once a year."  And seriously, I like seeing the bags under people's eyes and the scars and the wrinkles.  It makes faces look more... facelike.  The dark marks under my eyes are a badge of pride and a symbol of hard work.  I'm not so proud that I need to look all plasticky and shiny, too--or even just "naturally prettified by makeup," whatever that means.  I'd rather have my hard work show on my face, and the makeup so many people seem to consider "not seeable" is pretty obvious to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »

Clothing: clothing is good.
Ahah!  So this is why girls won't talk to me!  I'll go and buy myself some of these so called "clothes" this instant!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16