Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Free Stuff?  (Read 973 times)

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Free Stuff?
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:31:12 am »

Hey everyone, been playing for the past 3 or 4 years, just now had a reason to register on the forums, lol. So I decided I wanted to experiment with a strictly-contained fort, in that nothing could get in or out unless I wanted it to. This was both to keep sieges and migrants out, the latter because I always have more dwarves than I'm ready for after the first wave or two, and I'm a terrible macro-manager.

To kill off any undesired creatures loitering around outside waiting for entrance, I chose to embark on the tundras. All was (and still is) going well. It seems that there are either no goblin civs this far north, or it's too cold for them up here, as I've not had any sieges in the nearly 3 years the fort has been running. The first wave of migrants was forced to freeze, but I let the second wave come in. A dwarven caravan came and left, though no exchange of goods occurred.

So here's my actual question. An elven caravan came by, stayed a while, and then when it said they were about to leave, they never did. I assume this is because I never let the liaison in to speak with my broker. Eventually, either due to dehydration, cold, hunger, or boredom, the elf trader went berserk. The frame after that, his camel became melancholy and began dumping his goods all over the ground, including many barrels of golden salve and some exotic caged animals I'm interested in. I assume he will not pick his stuff back up, because that doesn't seem like something the trader NPCs are programmed to do, meaning he will eventually die and I can go and take his stuff.

Will more elven caravans come? Are there any repercussions? Is this common? I personally found it hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:33:25 am by Avarage »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Free Stuff?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:08 am »

As the elven civilization checks how much profit they made, they see that they did none. If this keeps going too long, they send a siege.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:44:09 am »

As the elven civilization checks how much profit they made, they see that they did none. If this keeps going too long, they send a siege.
Excellent! More free stuff!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:05 am »

Elfite, rather than Goblinite, then? Excepting of course that Elves tend to have even more useless crappy gear than Goblins do. Would be nice to make charcoal out of their wooden armours, just like I'd smelt most Goblin gear. ::)
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:37 am »

Yeah, something like that. Or just leave their frozen corpses laying around as a warning for the next siege party. I got some free bears. Time to start my war-bear army.  :D

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:30:38 am »

Yeah, something like that. Or just leave their frozen corpses laying around as a warning for the next siege party.
Yeah, in the nuddy. On account of me flogging their gear.
I got some free bears. Time to start my war-bear army.  :D
I had a war grizzly but it died of infection after helping against the FB Stongun and triggering one of my own stonefalls. :(
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.