Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29545 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #450 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »

Roll 30:

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

---Players---

Sareesa-2-You knock the alien out with a quick punch to the head. That was easier than you thought.
Noticing the object in his hand, you put it off to the side and fail to notice its glowing.
Tying the alien to a chair in the corner with some rope you find, you look around for a pistol of sorts. You don't find one.

Suddenly, you take notice of the devices beeping. You suddenly feel as if you are being fed through a meat grinder into a kitten's mouth. When it stops, you feel like nothing just happened. Weird.

You then see your stats list, and plaintively sigh.

NEW PERK UNLOCKED!

Gordon-4-Instead of yelling, you simply hold the trigger down and smile innocently as you unleash hundreds of bullets. Things can't get any better than this.

The two subordinates fall immediately under the hail of fire, leaving the squad leader as the sole survivor.

New Killstreak!: Pavelow... oh wait, you already have a chopper. NEXT.

Rayn-2-You hop onto Salth and fly over to taric, who then jumps up and runs towards the fight, completely ignoring you.

Taric-2-You jump up and run towards the golem, reaching for your gun. Despite the fact that it is in fact a sock, you open fire anyway as ducks fall from the sky, crushing the golem.

By the way, your gun is and was empty this whole time.

Tarran-5-"Well, you guys are obviously intelligent. So let me ask you: Is this job really worth dying for? Can't we all just have a cup of tea?"

After saying this, you continue to fire at the last elite, nailing him in the head and breaking his shields, knocking him to the ground from the force of the dissipation.

Kir'Zhan-4-Deciding that you'd like to steal the kill, you throw yourself down from the roof, and land right next to the elite. He then grabs you by the throat.

Zrk-4-While the elite struggles to figure out what to do next (as he has no melee weapon, and his gun is two-handed) he quickly throws Kir'Zhan, who then grabs the gun and knocks him out with it. You jam the spork into one of his eyes, immediately waking him up again.

Game Event: The elite grins.
"I believe there is nothing left for me to do."
Zrk looks at Kir'Zhan, who whispers whether they should kill him now or not.
"But you will not be getting out of this alive. You are surrounded. There is no esca---!"
Before it finishes its sentence, a massive blade covered in green blood replaces the elites head.
Thea steps forward, retracting the weapon.

"I've rigged up the colony ship's doors to explode any time now. But right now we've got bigger stuff on our hands."

A behemoth, followed by four more, each mounted by a brute wielding over-sized melee weapons, breaks through a building behind the group.

"I can fly up on top of the SAM tower to give some cover fire, but anyhow, we've got company."

Enemy army incoming!

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »

Yay! duckies. Sleepy time.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 03, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »

Run away.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 03, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »

"Uh command, I need some ammo" Radio command for more ammo
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2011, 09:39:00 pm »

Incinerate some lowly foes
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 03, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »

Desperately try to wake up Taricus.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 04, 2011, 03:25:48 pm »

Interrogate Alien first about the nature of the device that somehow made me able to turn people into bits of goo when I fail at killing somebody, second about why they (the aliens) are here.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 04, 2011, 03:35:17 pm »

Retrieve my weapons and yell into the com 'Send us reinforcements and air support now, dammit!'
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 04, 2011, 08:01:33 pm »

Roll 30: Air Support!

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

---Players---

Sareesa-4-The alien stirs, then realizes his predicament.
He looks down, then at the no-longer glowing red object.

He then looks at you. "Whaddya want?"

"First of all," You start,
"I'd like you to explain how I can suddenly make things explode when I fail to kill them."
"Well, I don't know how it works."
"How are you speaking so clearly?"
"Same kind of device. It lets me speak like the elites."
"Don't they tell you anything?"
"Something about the fourth wall... err... dimension. That's the word. It utilizes temporal mechanics to change the way physics work. It's quite complicated, really."
"Alright. Now tell me why your race came here."
"The island, of course."
"The one I'm standing on?"
"Yes. There's something hidden inside. We were ordered to basically hold out to let the exalted escape."
"The exalted? Who are these"
"You saw the crawlers, right? They're given the least ability with some kind of 'way'. It's in their religion. We bipeds are next up. We don't really have any sort of connection with the 'way' they keep telling us about. The exalted--at least that's what they call themselves--supposedly have the strongest connection. They are much smarter than we are."
"So one of them came to investigate the island, and they discovered a threat? Explain."
"Yes. This threat you talk about... we can't pronounce the name... but we just call it It. It is a sub-dimensional being that is simply hostile to everything. We don't know why. The exalted ran from It for centuries, and they thought they'd finally escaped It, but they found it again in the island."
"Man, you're easy to get information out of."

tl:dr Same thing the other guys found out, but with more detail

Gordon-5-"Command, I'm out of missiles."
"Roger that. We've sent in a drop pod."

The pod comes punching through the clouds as the Iron Hand hovers gently in orbit. The crate lands on a brute, crushing it under its weight.
Now to pick it up...

Rayn-6-Flying up into the sky, you catch a glimpse of the force you're dealing with. Before you can properly identify them, you duck behind a volley of shards from the dozens of bipeds attacking. Diving down towards them, you burn them to cinders before retreating behind a tower.

Taric-1-You go to sleep, and immediately wake up. Suddenly, Tarran grabs you and tosses you onto the ground for some reason.

Tarran-5-Grabbing Taric, you wake him up by knocking him down onto the ground. He is now awake, but a squad of elites just came out from around the corner. They promptly explode in a cloud of flame and energy.
Thea lowers her rifle and extends her wings.

Kir'Zhan-6-Kir'Zhan runs, and meets a crawler around the corner. He also sees a lone elite in the distance, checking searching for you. He sees you and begins running towards you.

Zrk-3-"Command! There's too many of them! We need support now!"
"We are well aware. We're doing what we can, but our lightest orbit-to-ground weaponry is designed to level cities. You'll need to get off the ground before we can sue it. Gordon has a helicopter, and two wings of fighters are on their way."

Alright. At least they're not being totally useless. Meanwhile, numerous elites and brutes march onward.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 04, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »

"Fuck off tarran!" Go to sleep

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 04, 2011, 08:07:16 pm »

"GET YOUR GODDAMN ASS UP YOU LAZY SON OF A GUN" Fire both my Maulers at the approaching army while kicking Taric in the head until he gets moving.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »

Bruised head: -1 modifier. you don't want friendly fire do you?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 04, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »

Bruised head: -1 modifier. you don't want friendly fire do you?
That's only for thinking. You don't need to think to shoot just as long as you're pointed in the right direction.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 04, 2011, 08:11:10 pm »

"Fine ya fuckin tosser" Fire the GL at the incoming enemies

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 04, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »

Suicidal rush at the enemy.
these always work in the movies, and comics, and books.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36