Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29643 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2011, 08:59:31 pm »

Oy you two sound like an old married couple, stop the bickering
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2011, 09:01:32 pm »

Oy you two sound like an old married couple, stop the bickering
Sorry, I can't help it considering my guy doesn't really back down from an insult. Besides, it adds flavor. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:40 pm »

You do realise this is an opening for a comment from my guy around the lines of "Why are the two.....males? fighting as an elderly mated couple?" He is a reptile after all, he can't tell mammel male from mammel female, hell the most common way to tell male hork-bajir apart from females is females have two head spikes and males have three.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2011, 09:08:46 pm »

Go ahead and have your guy say it. I won't stop ya, it may have some hilarious effects to the future.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2011, 09:21:55 pm »

Shut up or I will obliterate you. Kill aliens, then bitch and moan.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:07 pm »

Dude, I just fragged about a whole camp's worth with one 'nade. I doubt threatening me is a good idea. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 26, 2011, 09:31:25 pm »

Dude, I just fragged about a whole camp's worth with one 'nade. I doubt threatening me is a good idea. :P
Well if they didn't hear the first explosion they heard that one.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 26, 2011, 09:33:02 pm »

I have frikking super-future-indestructo-cybernetic-adamantine armour. Goodluck.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 26, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »

I have frikking super-future-indestructo-cybernetic-adamantine armour. Goodluck.
The armor only really gives good protection against bullets, not really explosions. And since the armor gives -1 to agility, your armor is actually making you weaker against grenades, since you'll have a hard time not being directly above the explosions. Also, even the Master Chief couldn't withstand more than one or two grenades going off next to him(unless you're playing on easy difficulty).

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 26, 2011, 09:42:34 pm »

The armor only really gives good protection against bullets, not really explosions. And since the armor gives -1 to agility, your armor is actually making you weaker against grenades, since you'll have a hard time not being directly above the explosions. Also, even the Master Chief couldn't withstand more than one or two grenades going off next to him(unless you're playing on easy difficulty).

Bah, semantics...

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2011, 12:27:05 am »

OH, STOP THE QQ, MORE PEWPEW!
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2011, 12:56:36 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

---Players---

Sareesa-3-"... You have no idea how much information about these enemies you may have just destroyed.  I can't work like this."
Sareesa takes off towards the river, not noticing the green spines hidden in the brush. After she travels a considerable distance from the group, the crawler behind her steps on a twig and realizes its mistake.

Gordon-6-After finishing the last tree, Gordon notices that his foot is completely healed. Now heading back towards the trail, Gordon feels a sharp pain in the back of the head before falling down a steep valley. (1)

Taric-4-"Come out, you coward!"
Taric thoroughly bathes the area with a steady stream of flame. The behemoths continue their charge unaffected, but the brute refuses to show himself.

Tarran-4-Coming up from behind Taric, Tarran draws his rifle and fires a few bursts at the charging behemoths. Most of them miss or bounce off the armor, but one burst strikes one dead in the eye, slowing it down and ruining its depth perception.

Zrk-6-Zrk switches his MAC to slug mode, then holds the trigger to accumulate a mass of superheated iron. As soon as he lines up a good shot, he lets go, but a mere fleck of dust is fired.
"What the...?"
Zrk then notices that the ammo meter on the gun is flashing red.

Kir'Zhan-4-Kir'Zhan rushes from the trees and into the fight. Vaulting straight over a behemoth, he jabs his spike through one and rips its back plate clean off, revealing the soft tissue below, as well as apparently tearing something important as the behemoth struggles to recover. Looks like a tendon's been torn, or better yet, its spine. (Three 6's in a row!, Then a 2 for observation)

Rayn-6-Looking for something to kill, Rayn eyes the brute, now loading his gun from behind a wall, and urges Saith to open fire (get it?). However, Saith doesn't have any flame left to shoot.

----Hostiles----

Nero-91-6-overworked and badly injured, the brute finds his battered weapon and struggles to insert the bent and twisted magazine back in.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2011, 12:58:57 am »

I demand someone else gets hurt for once.
Climb back up to the logs and start to work on my secret project, a stack of legendary Crossbow bolts.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2011, 01:00:17 am »

Rip into the soft spot and try to make more
That was awesome, I doupt I'll get anything that good again soon.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2011, 01:03:44 am »

Look around for a gun emplacement. Also, as a free action, shout out to the aliens: "SURRENDER, OR DIE!"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36