Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29615 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2011, 03:48:10 pm »

Sorry guys. I had some studying to do for finals.
Now that I'm done with them, I'll be rolling shortly.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zrk-2-Suddenly, Zrk sees a flash of light erupt from a large tower. A large glowing missile is almost flung out before its tracking system activates and it homes in.
Zrk doesn't know why yet, until he sees a winged shadow pass over him.
"Rayn..." mutters Zrk.
Unfortunately, as a result of uselessly muttering to himself, Zrk forgets which tower fired the missile.

Sareesa-4-"Uhhh... Just following you... Because I can? Anyway, how about we ambush some suckers?"
"I work alone, you probably don't have the stomach for what's coming up, and I don't have time to break in a noob to the business,"
Sareesa mutters, before grabbing a nearby biped and [6] slicing its head off.
"Who you calling noob, camper?" Tarran replies.
Sareesa [4] kills another one.
"I'm calling you a noob, because I doubt you look into a man's eyes and watch him die.  Now, if you insist on staying here, be quiet and don't give away our position."
"No wonder you don't have any friends. Just sayin'."
"I'm still alive, more than can be said of most the people in my field who entered at the same time as I.  Must mean I'm doing something right."
"Okay, and I'm probably the only one alive from my ship. I must be doing something right. Right? Honestly, are you trying to alienate yourself from the rest of your teammates? Because that is a bad idea if you're looking for any respect... Whatever, it's not the time for talking right now."

Gordon-5-After chopping more trees, Gordon grabs a log and turns it into a *crossbow bolt*.

39/50 trees left.

Taric-4-"They know we're here now so let's give them hell!"
Despite his words, Taric ducks behind cover and reloads. He then rises up and fires at the aliens, [3-1] but misses horribly because of the distance. He switches to his launcher and opens fire, and [5] takes out a biped, leaving nothing but a smoldering crater behind.

Tarran-2-Tarran readies himself into an ambush position, ready to draw his Reaper if needed.
(+1 to next attack)

Kir'Zhan-4-Responding quickly, Kir'Zhan slices the cralwer in half. With his arm.
Looking and the biped, he simply asks one thing.
"You too?"

Rayn-3-In order to do some extra damage, Rayn simply turns a full 180 degrees, confusing the missile and having in slam into the ground, [4] hitting the launcher, [2] but merely bumping it to the side, ruining its aim. It turns to lock on to Saith once again.

*Game Event*
A large alien walks out of a building. He seems to be holding a large ballistic weapon with a drum-style magazine. Melee spikes riddle the sides of the gun, allowing it to be used as a club.
"We know you are here. The crawlers have seen you coming. You are not welcome here." Bellows the alien.
It fixes its eyes on Taric, now alone, who beings to make a very plaintive expression.
"You're first."
It lifts up its weapon, before the gun is blasted out of the brute's hands by a large bolt of red energy.
Thea stands on the roof of a building, holding her rifle in one hand, getting ready to shoot again.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:35:13 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »

Look around for unstable explosive ordinance near the large alien. Like, say, a bunch of fuel barrels, or, maybe a bunch of artillery rounds. Anything that will blow up when hit with a Firecracker HE grenade.

"Sareesa, I've got an idea, and you're not going to like it, but I don't care."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 25, 2011, 04:42:59 pm »

I'll start making observation rolls free.

Tarran-6-Tarran looks near the brute for anything that can explode when hit. To his delight, there is a pile of the green missiles launched at Rayn near the large alien. Not only will these likely explode when hit, being missiles after all, but the building might be one of the SAMs that Rayn dodged.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 25, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »

Oh yes. Everyone, cover your ears, it's about to get very loud.

(shout out to everyone)"How's my throwing arm?!"

Throw a Firecracker at the pile of missiles.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 25, 2011, 05:49:04 pm »

More trees to be Chopped! chop more trees, and get better at it.
After 25 trees are left, I will stop being useless.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2011, 05:49:48 pm »

Open fire on the mooks, to reek havoc

Look around to get general idea of area after shooting

Sorry guys. I had some studying to do for finals.
Now that I'm done with them, I'll be rolling shortly.

Yeah, no problem. I'm studying for exams too. USA History makes for an easy exam. I have French tomorrow, no fun. But Fun.
More trees to be Chopped! chop more trees, and get better at it.
After 25 trees are left, I will stop being useless.

Where's the fun in that?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 25, 2011, 06:33:19 pm »

Oh yeah, 2 kills 1 turn.

Hand the head of the biped to Tarran.  "And that's why I work alone, most people don't want to be that close to the death."

In all the confusion that is no doubt about to ensue, attempt to find an alternative entrance to the facility the Brute came out of and then take that entrance.  If no alternative can be found, instead sneak behind the brute if it is safe and stab him in the neck, twist blade, remove, repeat until dead.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 25, 2011, 07:09:53 pm »

"If I wasn't able to stand people dying right next to me, I wouldn't have picked a job as a marine. Yeah, whatever you say."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2011, 07:34:39 pm »

"Well, most marines don't have a tough enough stomach for that, they prefer to use their guns, not get up close.  It's easier to kill the further away you are, you should know that."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2011, 08:02:50 pm »

"Are you saying that the marines are all weaklings? Don't you dare, lady. We die and lose limbs while you guys take your time. We've been at the tip of the Terran Empire's spear for years. Sure, you guys are better than us in stealth and backstabbing, but in a real fight you'd need us. Don't even try to deny it."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2011, 08:13:55 pm »

"Depends on your definition of a real fight.  One kill can be just as effective as one million if you kill the right person."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:45 pm »

Open Fire with the flamethrower, Specificly the Brute
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »

This time get tricky, bust as salth is about to hit the launcher, she wioll bo between back to our landing spot, with me on her obviously
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »

Headbutt the biped, killing it with my head spikes. "There are times I love being a walking talking blender" Then head out to follow the others.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36