Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29598 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2011, 04:54:34 am »

Whoa, fast postings.  Btw, why are you following me now Tarran, you're not exactly likely to get a whole lot of action that way you know :P

Roy Greenhilt

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU BROKE MY SWORD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2011, 07:20:53 am »

Name: Seph Iroth (callsign Seraph (unless anyone can come up with anything better)
Race: 9/10 Human, 1/10 Eldritch abomination (actually just genitically engineered, but scans will find SOME discrepancy with his DNA)
Appearance*: Silver hair, which was cut for military service, looks inexplicably unnatural to anyone not familiar with him
Background*: Ex member of the SOLDIER program, 'quit' at age 20 after learning he was a prototype for a new genetically engineered super soldier program that killed 80% of its recruits. not wanting the pointless waste of life to continue. They tried to stop him. Unarmored and armed only with his blade, Masamune, he managed to escape taking only light wounds. After working for a private military contracter, he winds up here. (where stuff is happening atm)

Skills/Stats: Heightened reflexes and accuracy from genetic modification, regenerates wounds faster than normal. but his appearance and sheltered life cause him to have trouble communicating with people he is not familiar with (not as good at communicating, first impression leaves people uneasy). Intense training
Starting Weapon(s): Masamune (laser blade, normally very long, but can be shortened for combat in confined spaces), Random ranged weapon picked up when beginning deployment (why use a sword in a gunfight?)
Armor: Light powered armor with attached jetpack (when jetpack fires it gives the appearance of wings behind him, which may draw attention to him), Small buckler on off hand that projects a forward facing energy shield that recharges quickly due to only covering the front, and requiring activation/deactivation in combat (if i find a combat ai i'll upgrade it to activate the shield automatically when needed)
Additional Items: the jetpack
Additional info: left handed, currently a mercenary
note: never going to face heel turn due to backstory (a heroic BSOD is more likely)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:42:31 am by Roy Greenhilt »
Xegeth: Consume Item: Glass of milk
Result: 1
Glass of Milk Killcount +1!
Glass of Milk Gained a Level!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2011, 12:27:14 pm »

Whoa, fast postings.  Btw, why are you following me now Tarran, you're not exactly likely to get a whole lot of action that way you know :P
At least I'll get more kills since EVERYONE ELSE'S TURNS GO BEFORE ME so I never get to strike the killing blow. At least with you I don't have much competition.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2011, 02:19:05 pm »

At least I'll get more kills since EVERYONE ELSE'S TURNS GO BEFORE ME so I never get to strike the killing blow. At least with you I don't have much competition.

My bad...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2011, 03:10:00 pm »

What is going in between, Wolfchild?

Here's your character, Roy:

Quote from: Roy Greenhilt
Seph Iroth, Name Stealer
Stats: Genetic Engineering | Regeneration | Eldritch Abomination
Weapon: Masamune
-Random weapon when deployed, depends on roll-
Armor: Light Jetpack Armor | Charge: 100%/100%
Energy Buckler | Charge: 100%/100%
Inventory: Backpack
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:34:37 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »

I'm guessing he thinks more than one is coming at him.

Roy Greenhilt

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU BROKE MY SWORD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »

not his fault his creators played FFVII (he's actually embarrased by it y'know)
Does mercenary stuff until introduced by plot

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2011, 08:10:09 pm »

BAH! People and their not using nothing but firepower to get what they want... No Fun!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:55 pm »

You're not in the game yet :(

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zrk-4-Satisfied with just the spork, Zrk heads off to cross the river. Since he is wearing power armor, the inexplicably acidic water has no effect.

Sareesa-5-"...Sh*t, don't know what to do here, no way I can pass as one of those aliens.  How can I turn this conventional battlefield into an unconventional one?"
Sareesa scouts the perimeter of the base to find a weak spot that she can exploit. The entire place seems somewhat deserted, but aliens are constantly going in and out of the buildings. The turrets seem to only scan the sky though.

Gordon-1-Gordon tries to build a canoe from a log, but not only is the log too thin to do anything with it, but Gordon also has nothing to carve with.
By the way, Gordon will go insane if he doesn't have 50 wood logs by the end of this mission.

Taric-4-"Nice rifle, I'll follow your lead since you seem to know the terrain better"
Thea simply sighs, and continues on the path again. The group now sees the village, and Zrk has caught up.

Tarran-5-Silently following behind Sareesa, Tarran has now somehow sneaked up behind Sareesa. Many explain this kind of circumstance as "rolling a 5" but those people are widely regarded as insane.

Rayn-6-Doing evasive maneuvers to avoid the missile, Rayn drops down sharply. The missile careens into the forest below, still dangerously close. After a sigh of relief, Rayn realizes that he almost shot right through the tree canopy.
"That was a close call..."

Kir'Zhan-4-"What defenses do you have, if any"
"Anti air turrets... lots of soldiers, the usualll.."
The crawler coughs.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 16, 2011, 05:44:08 pm »

Sneak in closer to one of the deserted parts, stay in the shade and try not to make any noise.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 16, 2011, 05:49:51 pm »

Kill them both and head towards the base through the trees
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »

Sneak in closer to one of the deserted parts, stay in the shade and try not to make any noise.
Load a clip into my AR-33 Battle Rifle and follow Sareesa.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 16, 2011, 07:10:35 pm »

Use scope to scan village for anyone that appears to be in charge

Roy Greenhilt

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU BROKE MY SWORD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:12 pm »

You're not in the game yet :(
Exactly, hence the qualifier 'until introduced by etc'
cant assume my character sits twiddling his thumbs until he finally gets onscreen can we?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »

Clear the Way
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll