Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29569 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2011, 01:22:09 am »

Response after the aliens have passed, "I'm tracking down their settlement and noting the locations of other attack groups so you can either take them out or call down artillery strikes on them as necessary.  Also, I operate on a policy of radio silence unless reporting something important, try to do the same yourself, over."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2011, 01:24:03 am »

Respond: "I don't think being silent is of any use to me right now, ma'am, considering that they're throwing every freaking guy in the immediate vicinity at us right now. Over."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:26:03 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:13 am »

Respond:  "If you think my knife would be of more use over there in a fire fight, you are desperately mistaken, over."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2011, 02:22:01 am »

Waiting on Rayn. Too keep the action going I'll roll right now.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zrk-3-Seeing the alien commanding the beast, Zrk shoots it. The hail [6] of molten iron strikes the alien in the foot [2] but vaporizes the dirt on the ground [3] causing a massive transfer of heat into the alien [5]. It doesn't flinch. [6]

Gordon-1-Gordon, a bit dehydrated, fires off a few rounds [3] at the alien before heading down to the rocky shore to get a drink. He is unaware of the river's high acidity.
Kneeling down for a drink, he feels a sharp pain in his knee where his uniform was slightly torn.
"Ack, must be some kind of fish!"
Jumping out of the water, Gordon examines the wound and notices his skin beginning to turn red. However, with no bite marks, Gordon realizes there is something in the water.
"Well I'll be. This water's not safe."
He stands up, only to collapse on the ground in front of him. Thea rushes to the rescue.

Sareesa-6- "This is Sareesa, the river is acid, don't go through the water unless your suit is water-tight, or you want to be a skeleton, over."
Tarran replies,
"Acid rivers, how nice. Not as nice, however, as A FREAKING GIGANTIC ALIEN TRYING TO KILL THE REST OF US! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! Over."
Kir'Zhan also speaks into the radio,
"Acid water, unforchunate as It will mean we require more bottled water. Whoever has equiptment for it should check to see if the animals or plants are poisonous or harmful as well, especially the nice delicious tree bark, after we fight off these creatures of course."
Sareesa continues, "I'm tracking down their settlement and noting the locations of other attack groups so you can either take them out or call down artillery strikes on them as necessary.  Also, I operate on a policy of radio silence unless reporting something important, try to do the same yourself, over."
But Tarran objects, saying, "I don't think being silent is of any use to me right now, ma'am, considering that they're throwing every freaking guy in the immediate vicinity at us right now. Over."
Sareesa finishes the argument, "If you think my knife would be of more use over there in a fire fight, you are desperately mistaken, over." before shutting off her radio and waiting for the aliens to pass.
Thank goodness nobody ever looks up...
The aliens are heading along a road, leading to the log. Sareesa can see numerous crawlers hiding in trees, ready to strike. The whole attack was prepared-for.
Turning her radio back on, she hears Thea yell through the speaker.
"Gordon got himself into some trouble! We might not move ahead for a while!"
"Roger that. Be careful, there are crawlers in the trees up ahead. The whole attack was set up. There is also another behemoth and some bipeds on their way along the trail. Get ready."

"Roger that. Good luck finding them."

Taric-5-"Finally, some real action!"
Brandishing his grenade launcher, Taric aims at the behemoth [5] and pulls the trigger. The round hits it square in the face [5] severing its lower left back tooth [2].
Taric fires again. And three more times, before reloading his launcher with his near-endless supply of ordnance.
The 2nd grenade hits the behemoth in the front right leg [3] shattering it [3].
The 3rd grenade lands in the same spot as the first [5] but doing nothing [2].
The 4th grenade severs its injured leg [6].
The 5th grenade lands straight in its mouth [6] and explodes, tearing its head clean open [5] and knocking one of four remaining bipeds down [3].

Tarran-2-Tarran, under a bit of stress from the situation of being stranded on a planet with a race of crystal monsters trying to gut him, can't quite concentrate (-1). Nevertheless, stealing Zrk's target, he takes aim at the creature's torso [4-1], and fires three bursts in quick succession, shattering its chest and knocking it to the ground. [3][5][3]
He then feels a cold wind pass him, and glances behind him to see a massive green spike embedded in a tree.
"Those spikes are from their arms! But how?"

Rayn-Absent-

Kir'Zhan-5-Muzzling the alien's mandibles with a vine seems adequately shut the crawler up. With no grasping limbs it cannot unpin itself.
Kir'Zhan then proceeds to sneak up on a biped, specifically the one that tried to kill Tarran. It's arms are lined with spikes, but the ones closer to the front of the arm are much smaller than the rest. There is also a gap on one arm that is not present on the other.
Do they use their spikes as ammunition?
Grabbing its crossbow-esque weapon, Kir'Zhan wrestles the biped behind some pushes, narrowly avoiding the view of the other two bipeds which are advancing towards the group. Putting a blade at its neck, he pins it to a tree in a similar way to the crawler, but this time crippling its hands. They give with a satisfying sound like the cracking of glass. Holding on to one of the shards for experimentation, he ponders whether to kill this one or interrogate it later. 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:48:08 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 02:27:38 am »

"Well that wasn't fun." Put away Spas-12 and pull out Crossbow.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2011, 02:28:28 am »

DivideByZero, you mind listing all the enemies around? I'm not doing a good job keeping track right now.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2011, 02:30:44 am »

is the big crystal beast still alive?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2011, 02:31:38 am »

"Let's have more fun."  I say sneaking close to the log bridge and using the short range wave attack to sever the log bridge while the aliens cross dumping them in the acid water.  After this, I quickly but stealthily run further south deeper into the forest grabbing onto a low-lying branch and swinging myself up onto it, fully expecting to be followed and hoping to pick off the aliens slowly and quietly, avoiding any more than two of them at once.  Climb higher into the tree if time permits.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:49:21 am by V-Norrec »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2011, 02:40:33 am »

Thanks, that's a good idea. i'll add it to the next rolls.

Current enemies:
Near the Team:
1x Headless behemoth
1x Dead biped
1x Dead Crawler

1x Disabled biped (handled by Kir'Zhan)
2x Biped

Incoming:
4x Biped
1x Behemoth

There are also crawlers hidden in the trees.

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

@Taricius
Nope, you killed it.
There's another one coming.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2011, 02:45:05 am »

Open fire on the next group's behemoth when they arrive with the GL
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2011, 02:49:45 am »

Chuck a Firecracker HE grenade at the incoming Biped squad. "FIRE IN THE HOLE YA SPARKLY SUCKERS!"

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2011, 11:25:47 am »

Keep the biped alive for now and move up and into the trees to search for more targets of oppertunity. "A biped has been disabled for later interrogation incase it or the crawler has more information than the other or one type is more intelligent than the other."
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2011, 12:27:43 pm »

Shoot at bipeds and scan foliage for enemies

Enough firepower should eliminate these shits before they can do anything

And I think you should interrogate that one that was disabled.

EDIT: Missed the 't'
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:58:54 pm by Zrk2 »
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »

(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2011, 12:59:12 pm »

I forgot the 't'
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36