Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29515 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 01:11:15 am »

Ive changed the character sheets a bit. If you object to anything just say so and iIl change it when I have access to a keyboard.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 01:18:41 am »

Sing Weird AL's NewestOldest hit,: 'Amish Paridise' to lift the team's moral.
"Tarran, don't go to that Island!"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:27:56 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 04:02:58 am »

If you do not mind, i think i will do aerial reconnasance

Mount up on Salth (my dragon), and preform aerial reconnosance, specifically focus on remembering any landmarks i cna use to go between
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »

Aww, I wanted in, but I guess I'm too late... :(

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »

Alright! First roll!

Character Sheets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Man, you don't know how long formatting all that took.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Since Zrk hasn't posted I'll leave him out for now. 6 people was the intended limit. If he returns then he is welcome to play.
"Ugg, neanderthals" I sigh under my breath.  "If you make a clearing here, they'll know exactly where we are and that we are coming for them with absolutely no technical or strategic benefits."  I explain to the explosion fanatic.  With this, hopefully, explained, I pin my hair up, put on the helmet to my Hostile Environment Suit and head towards the South.  Flowing water has consistently been the source of many early settlements, why should here be any different.  Be sure to move silently.
Sing Weird AL's NewestOldest hit,: 'Amish Paridise' to lift the team's moral.
"Tarran, don't go to that Island!"

Head into the forest and move up and into the tree-branches and begin my search through the suppirior vantage point/hideing capabilities
"oh alright, I won't make a clearing here" Follow Theta
Walk towards the floating island cautiously.
If you do not mind, i think i will do aerial reconnasance

Mount up on Salth (my dragon), and preform aerial reconnosance, specifically focus on remembering any landmarks i cna use to go between

As the group of 5 touches down, the alien warrior Kir'Zhan descending first, followed by the others, with Gordon reluctantly jumping out last, readying his shotgun.
"I never got around to trusting those fancy machines"
Well, tough luck. It's our only way down to the surface. Unless you want to sit in your quarters all day while we do all the work. Replies Taric, without the slightest respect for his teammate. Pulling out a pack of C5, he proclaims,
"I'll make a clearing so we can get a better view"
Sareesa does not look amused.
"Ugg, neanderthals," she sighs.
"If you make a clearing here, they'll know exactly where we are and that we are coming for them with absolutely no technical or strategic benefits."
After explaining, she pins her hair up, and examines the area.
"We should go to the river. Flowing water has consistently been the source of many early settlements, why should this be any different?"
Gordon, giving the go-ahead, nods and says, "Yes ma'am."

An almost robotic, yet still identifiably female voice interrupts the group.
"Let me introduce myself, if you will. I am Thea. I was sent to assist you on your mission. I've been to this planet many times before, so I believe I will be of use to the group."
He turns around, and sighs.
"Don't let it--her near me."

As the group progresses, the faint whine of a Bumblebee Combat Shuttle, the primary vessel used as escape pods for the Terran Navy, echoes over the jungle. In a blaze of light, it touches down, taking the lives of countless trees with it.
The sole occupant, Sergeant Tarran of the Terran Navy, steps out of the ruined shuttle, brushes the soot off of the name Iced Fire, and stands pondering what to do.

Sareesa-3-Now that everyone knows where to go, Sareesa silently sets out into the jungle. Watching Kir'Zhan climb up a tree, she almost bumps into one herself.

Gordon-2-Gordon, now in need of inspiration, decides to sing a tune he remembers back from a long time ago.
"As I walk through the valley--"
Thea interrupts his singing with a slap to the face.
"Don't. Even. Think. About it."

Kir'Zhan-4-To gain a strategic advantage, Kir'Zhan climbs up a tree using his natural spikes to hook onto branches. Even though the tree is quite tall, he is used to climbing of this sort and makes it to the top faster than any human could ever hope to. Looking around, you spot the island, as well as the river. No sign of sentient life in sight, but he does notice the leaves of the endless canopy are quite stable. Walking on the leaves can have it's advantages over the uneven and rocky ground.

Taric-5-Reluctantly, Taric puts away his C5 and follows the rest of the group.

Tarran-4-You notice a large floating island in the distance. Curious, you begin walking towards it, before a dragon flies overhead. those even exist?

Rayn-5-Climbing up onto Saith, you jet into the sky on a plume of dust, and notice three main things: a tree laid out horizontally across the river, a large swath of knocked-down trees, and a faint glow coming out of the darkness below the island.

Vorthon:
You can be in the waiting list.
Or Zrk can be removed if he doesn't post soon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »

Look around for any other escape pods coming down.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:07:02 pm »

Move through the tree-tops while scouting.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 09:08:54 pm »

Continue following Thea
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 09:10:15 pm »

Continue south towards the river, I must not be distracted by the other... people on this team.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »

Fix the horisontal tree and the swathe of fallen trees in my mind, and relay to Salth, so we may go between to this position should it be neccisary, then if we have time, tell the rest of the group agout the findings
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:30:04 pm »

Look at the top of the Floating Island. See if life is on it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 10:35:00 pm »

Character Sheets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Man, you don't know how long formatting all that took.

Continue south towards the river, I must not be distracted by the other... people on this team.
Look at the top of the Floating Island. See if life is on it.
Continue following Thea
Look around for any other escape pods coming down.
Move through the tree-tops while scouting.
Fix the horisontal tree and the swathe of fallen trees in my mind, and relay to Salth, so we may go between to this position should it be neccisary, then if we have time, tell the rest of the group agout the findings

Sareesa-3-Rayn, riding his dragon, notifies everyone about the tree across the river and the swath of downed trees. Sticking to the mission, Sareesa decides to investigate the tree. She encounters a rather large cliff face, though, which is a bit steep to think about climbing down. Meanwhile, Kir'Zhan can be seen moving through the canopy above.

Gordon-1-Staring at the island for signs of life, Gordon remembers that he is a bit nearsighted, and puts on his glasses.

Kir'Zhan-6-Soaring above the treetops, Kir'Zhan hears about the overturned tree, and asks Rayn, who is on a close pass, where the tree is. Rayn points to it, and Kir'Zhan follows, gratified to see a sign of life.

Taric-4-As Thea moves onwards, Taric follows closely behind. He can't help but twitch at the lack of action.

Tarran-1-Looking around, Tarran sees another streak of light coming from the north. However, it is quite far away. Still determined to save his crew-mates, he starts his hike to the crash site. He continues until he finds a large circular plant with five leaves, in addition to more leaves coming out of the center. He can't help but notice that the trees around him also have five leaves. Walking around it, he realizes that this isn't a flower on the ground--it's a tree--after falling through some dense vegetation that he expected to be on the ground, but instead grew on the side of the cliff face.
He lands with a thud on the ground, with no major injuries. Luckily his armor held together quite well. He can no longer see the sky, however.

Rayn-4-Passing over the rest of the group, you slow down and hover low to the ground, before landing, and calling for everyone's attention. He tells everyone about his findings, before taking off again, heading towards the fallen tree to investigate what knocked it over.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 10:37:11 pm »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 10:40:17 pm »

Cuss extremely loudly and then try to get back to my pod... Somehow.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 10:58:46 pm »

Investigate the area near the fallen tree and look for something to possibly track.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36