Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29534 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »

Ask first creature 'Do you understand me?'
Aim at the rustling bushes, if anything not on our side come out fire at it.

Do you guys think this thing will talk to us before we kill it?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2011, 08:10:14 pm »

Character Sheets:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zrk-3-"Do you understand me?" Zrk asks the crawler.
With an angry screech, the creature gets out a "Yesssssh."
Now that the team has secured a source of information, Zrk confidently aims at the bushes.

Sareesa-4-Finding a shallow spot in the river, Sareesa crosses it, the acidic water easily being repelled by her waterproof armor. The owners of the various mammalian skeletons she sees below surface weren't so lucky. Exiting the river, being careful not to touch any plants to prevent the water's corrosion from making any sounds.
Climbing on top of a tree, she waits, listening to the sounds of various bipedal aliens approaching through the bushes. She hears a large thumping noise, but can't make out where it's coming from.

Gordon-4-Gordon readies his shotgun loaded with flaming rounds and points it at the bushes.
"Ya want some!?!"

Taric-2-Taric aims at the bushes and gets ready to fire.
*to be continued*

Tarran-6-Tarran walks out of his cover and approaches the team.
"Eh? What are you guys doing here? You obviously aren't from the ship I was on because I would've recognized you. So what are you doing here?"

Rayn-1-Flying up into the air again, Rayn sweep the area for hostiles. Below him is an armed soldier approaching the group, but it seems the group notices him. Something passes by Rayn's head, causing him to turn around.
The look on his face can only be described typographically.
O_O

Kir'Zhan-5-Retreating from the front line, Kir'Zhan takes the alien--now starting to bleed, but not profusely--into the forest behind the team to interrogate it.
Suddenly a thundering roar blasts through the air, and Kir'Zhan removes a blade from a compartment in his armor, and pins the alien to a tree to keep it from escaping. The alien stares blankly at him.

Taric-*continued*
Hearing the roar, Taric jumps a little, before fixing his sights of the bushes and pulling the trigger. He is greeted though, not by the sound of shattering crystal and blazing gunfire, but by the dreaded dead man's click. Before he has time to react he sees another crawler jump at him [2] but it misses spectacularly [5] but lands on its feet, ready to strike.
Suddenly, [5] a dozen trees fly in all directions, revealing a massive black and blue crystalline beast charging through. It gives the team a cold stare with its red eyes before a biped next to it points to the humans, and it starts running. [1] It trips, however, and loses its momentum.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:13:05 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2011, 08:14:12 pm »

Shoot the Crawler on the ground with Spas-12
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2011, 08:15:40 pm »

Shoot the the damned large beast with the grenade launcher, Repeatedly
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:11:06 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »

Take aim at the biped with my rifle and fire three aimed shots at it's head or whatever resembles it's head.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2011, 09:14:21 pm »

((Where am I in relation to everybody else and the bipedal alien commanding the crystal beast?))

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »

Shoot the bipedal alien
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:48 am »

Cover the alien's beak/mouth/whatever so it can't scream and try to hide in the foliage and sneak up on the bipedal alien.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2011, 01:01:43 am »

Sareesa is currently a fair distance away to the west. About 70 meters or so.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2011, 01:04:24 am »

WHY is everyone targeting the biped alien and not the big hulking giant that is trying to kill us? ???
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2011, 01:05:44 am »

There there are more than one bipeds too.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:12 am »

Biped seems to be controling the giant, plus my blades aren't as effective on giant things, it's like a pinprick.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2011, 01:07:59 am »

Ah OK.

Whisper into comm installed into my HEV Helmet, "This is Sareesa, the river is acid, don't go through the water unless your suit is water-tight, or you want to be a skeleton, over."  Then stealthily wait in the trees for the aliens to pass.  Once they have done so report location sighted and their heading to the team and request artillery support from our ships above if the situation warrants it.

((Thank goodness no one ever looks up unless there is some reason too :P))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2011, 01:12:38 am »

As a free action, say over the intercom after Sareesa in addition to my other action: "Acid rivers, how nice. Not as nice, however, as A FREAKING GIGANTIC ALIEN TRYING TO KILL THE REST OF US! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! Over."

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2011, 01:18:40 am »

Free action, if I have an intercom "Acid water, unforchunate as It will mean we require more bottled water. Whoever has equiptment for it should check to see if the animals or plants are poisonous or harmful as well, especially the nice delicious tree bark, after we fight off these creatures of course."
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36