Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29504 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »

Try to be a dwarf and reset the engine before the helicopter hit's the ground.

Gordon Adams-1-You are secretly an elf and panic until you hit the ground and land on Taric, killing both of you in a fantastic ball of flame and shrapnel.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »

Hey, why me  :(
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2011, 06:34:05 pm »

'Mmkay. Here's the deal. Land reinforcements or I will kill them all just so I can shove me chainsword up your ass.'

Fire more.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2011, 05:31:51 pm »

"Command, this mission just got a lot more complicated.  Might I recommend ending hostilities with this particular group of aliens and attempting to take on the sub-demensional monstrocity living on this planet."

Begin trying to figure out how the device works.  Also let the alien go, if "It" is near, I'm going to want his help in trying to get out of here alive.  Ask the alien's name thus giving him more survivability since he is now of some significance seeing as how he has a name.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »

Roll 33

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

---Players---

Sareesa-1-"Command, this mission just got a lot more complicated.  Might I recommend ending hostilities with this particular group of aliens and attempting to take on the sub-demensional monstrocity living on this planet."

You hear mostly static in return, but you can tell that someone is breathing on the other end. Then, letting the alien go, you pick up the device as the alien quietly picks up a rifle and faces the door.

"I wonder how this works..."
You look for a seam in the devices construction, but it looks almost as if it's just one solid chunk.

Meanwhile, you begin to hear rather light footsteps as well as something like breathing.

The alien whispers. "Actually, they could be part of my squad. I'll tell them not to attack you if they come."

Gordon-5-Hitting controls randomly, you manage to hit the "reset engine" button by sheer chance, and the helicopter's engine roars to life again. You take control again.

Rayn-2-Intending to cause carnage, you move over to attack a behemoth, and open fire. Both are shrouded in flames, but they merely walk out charred but seemingly unhurt. Looks like brutes have heavier armor than you thought.

Tarran-4-"Son of a..."

Deciding not to risk that again, you pull out your Reaper and start head-shotting bipeds like nobody's business. You manage to nail about 7 of them.

Taric-5-One of the brutes dismounts, and shouts, "Stop shooting! We won't hurt you if you--"
Too late. (7) He's already splattered all over the walls. Poor guy.

Kir'Zhan-5-"I knew guns where useless"
Continuing you assault, you attack another brute, this time realizing that he is telling you to stop and you do so. Over the sound of gunfire, he yells,
"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to introduce ourselves... sorry about trying to kill you, but the elites are so stuck up we can't get them to change their minds. If you can take them out then we can talk about the island."
You look at him inquisitively.
"You came here for the island, right?"

Zrk-1-You continue to fire, not actually hitting anything but forcing everyone to get on the ground for the time being. Although the behemoths do seem to have stopped, and the brutes have dismounted. You don't see Kir'Zhan.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:56:21 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2011, 10:52:07 pm »

"Sorry, just woke up" Wait for plot to happen

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:04 pm »

Growl threateningly and keep an aggressive stance. "Why stop fighting now? You seemed eager to kill us before."
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:40 pm »

Raise altitude, than hold fire unless they show signs of aggression.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:53:34 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2011, 11:06:29 pm »

Continue trying to figure out how this... thing works.  Also thank the alien and tell him if my team randomly comes around I'll have them do the same.  No need for pointless bloodshed when there is a real threat on this island.  Just in case be ready to pull my knife out and stab "It" if "It" decides to make an appearance.

Also, ask for the alien's name.  Just because.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:02:16 am by V-Norrec »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2011, 11:38:43 pm »

DivideByZero, you forgot to count my kills and reduce the amount of bullets in my pistol.

"I've got bullets in my gun and I'm ready to kill. You'd better have a good reason for me to stop shooting." Keep my pistol aimed in the direction of the army.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 08, 2011, 05:17:47 pm »

Lower my weapons.

'Apparently there's an 'it' that hates the lot of us. Since we're obviously the better fighters how about you guys GTFO and send us your intel on 'it' for the time being?!'
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 09, 2011, 04:41:46 am »

Try Throwing one of the less heavy aliens at the behemoth
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »

Roll 34

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

---Players---

Sareesa-3-"Hmm. By the way, what's your name?"
"Zarg."
"Nice to meet you... Zarg..."

You continue to look for crevices in the device that you could open up. Suddenly, the alien gives a gesture to stop what you are doing.
"That's definitely one person. It could be It. Don't be fooled if It looks like one of us, we always move together."

Gordon-5-You masterfully hold your fire, masterfully impressing everyone with your masterful waste of a 5. Good job! At least you look pretty cool hovering over the area with a giant minigun.

Rayn-6-While swooping down to grab a biped to throw, you get knocked off of Salth by a brute.
"Let go of me!"
"You never learn, do you?"

Kir'Zhan-2-"Why stop fighting now? You seemed eager to kill us before."
"The elites wouldn't agree. Now that the battle is in progress, they lost the element of surprise, and they have no other choice."

One of the elites walks forward, with his squad walking behind him.
Khan, you've... outdone yourself, ruining our ambush like this. Normally we'd kill you, but with these guys around, that would be a very bad idea.

Tarran-5-"I've got bullets in my gun and I'm ready to kill. You'd better have a good reason for me to stop shooting."

Taric-3-You do exactly what Gordon does, but not as awesomely.

Zrk-5-You receive a message from command.
"Captain Zrk, be advised that one of our agents on the planet has determined that there is some kind of sub-dimensional monstrosity on this planet. We don't know the details, but we recommended ending any current hostilities and investigating the island."

Reluctantly, you lower your MAC gun, and proclaim, "Apparently there's an 'it' that hates the lot of us. Since we're obviously the better fighters how about you guys GTFO and send us your intel on 'it' for the time being?!"
The brute speaking with Kir'Zhan replies,
"You don't know what you're getting yourselves into. &#$*HF&$ is in that island. You won't stand a chance alone."
"Who the heck is... that?"
"The bipeds call it It. I'm not sure if you humans have the capability of pronouncing it. That's fine. But we need to work together. It's only a matter of time before It escapes."

The lead elite turns to the group.
Alright, let me explain... there is a sub-dimensional being on this very planet. Our ancestors fought it before, but it was simply too powerful. We'd lose too many valiant warriors, and it would only feast on their defeat grow stronger. It was able to trans-locate itself into a dead body, or even something as dead as a pile of stones, and essentially reanimate it. It was relentless. No matter what, it would not die. We called it &*&YDF&N^, or Mustekala Woodzenbold.
Then, a group of elites calling themselves the Exalted rose up, and claimed they could use a strange device they had to trap the monster. They had about 10 of them, which they activated at the same time. Somehow, those devices were able to connect to the sub-dimension that the being was connected to, and trapped it in this dimension. No longer having a body to control, it was helpless. We built a vault on this planet to store the devices, hoping they would never be discovered.

Then, one day, a reckless human broke through our defenses. She annihilated our best guards, and took one of the devices. Back to Earth, presumably. By doing that though, she activated it, and released part of Mustekala back into the fourth dimension. We did our best to scatter the parts, and before the Fallen One (This is another name for it) could find them, we packed up eight of the pieces and took them across the galaxy.  One by one, the Fallen One reclaimed itself, and now, the last piece lies here, on this planet, inside the vault. The Exalted came to take the device   to defend it themselves, but the Fallen One arrived first. Whatever happens, we cannot let Mustekala, the Fallen One, reach his full strength once more. If he does, we will have to find the Exalted and reseal Mustekala once more.

"Did you say a human did it?" replies Thea, who just came down from the tower.
"Yes. We do not know who she was, or who she worked for."

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:50:00 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 09, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »

Sleep on the helicopter

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 09, 2011, 05:54:19 pm »

Fly close to the ground, and hover a bit.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:13:48 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36