Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29531 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:30 pm »

Not if I set the forest near you on fire. But I won't. I don't feel Pyrotechnic today. I have a name to live up too. Changed my action.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2011, 11:50:10 pm »

Follow the others, trumped by the tree
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 12:08:26 am »

A shotgun has a much longer range than you think. With the shrapenel rounds, he can nail you through all sorts of plants and trees. In a forest a rifle is best used in clearings or from a high vantage point over a clearing. There's so much to obscure vision I'd say it would be an even match since Tarran has armor too.
But for long range the crossbow can take someone out with a clean headshot.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 12:10:49 am »

You'd all lose to me, you wouldn't even know I was there until my knife was jutting through your skull, now get back to business people.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 12:27:12 am »

Thea wouldn't lose. She/it/whatever has plot protection. :P

Not really. But good luck getting behind her.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 12:38:00 am »

You'd all lose to me, you wouldn't even know I was there until my knife was jutting through your skull, now get back to business people.
Man, you are a cocky one.

Anyway, you're right, we should get back to business.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 12:48:53 am »

I'm the only one with a stealth-based/smart character.  It does give me something of an advantage against others.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 12:54:01 am »

I'm the only one with a stealth-based/smart character.  It does give me something of an advantage against others.
'Least until you get into a gunfight.

Or you get spotted.

Or you face a sniper.

Your character isn't exactly good at ranged combat. And stealth doesn't work all the time.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 12:57:11 am »

Or you get spotted.

Or you face a sniper.

Your character isn't exactly good at ranged combat. And stealth doesn't work all the time.

You forgot landmines
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 01:00:13 am »

Or you get spotted.

Or you face a sniper.

You forgot landmines
I was only listing things that Norrec's character was more vulnerable against than most other characters. Landmines are generally bad for everyone.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 01:02:17 am »

Not me

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 01:02:57 am »

I have camouflage.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 01:04:27 am »

Not me
You still blow up, don't you?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 01:05:13 am »

Point taken

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 10:12:57 am »

As a Hork-Bajir I'm naturally blending in with our surroundings and I move faster through the trees than anyone ones, you're not the only stealth-based person here. But then the others can't follow me while I'm moveing through the trees.

Search for clues on the direction whoever was here went and follow their trail while keeping in the trees.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36