Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29562 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2011, 10:50:26 pm »

Roll 24

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

---Players---

Sareesa-5-Walking to the next turn in the hallway, Sareesa sees shadows on the wall, moving. She slowly peeks around the corner to see what's going on. She sees a bright light before everything becomes blurred. She then jumps backward around the corner and silently rolls to a halt.

Gordon-3-Having failed his observation roll, Gordon keeps going until he sees the missile pass him. He sends out flares before turning around to engage, successfully identifying the enemy ships.
The bullets bounce uselessly off the enemy plating.

Taric-5-"Where is the crystal?" Demands Taric.

"Innn za izland."

Tarran-3-Tarran aims his gun around the corner, and barely jumps out of the way before the bolts come flying by. He sees the pressure plate on the ground, and steps around it to find the traps reloading. Kicking one, he causes the entire row to fall over in a domino effect.
He then sees the door to the side and walks through, and encounters...another locked door.

Zrk-5-"Do you know what this is? It's a spork. One of the most feared weapons in all of human history... Explain what crystal you are talking about, or I will use it to systemically destroy every joint in your body. Slowly, there was a rebel once, I kept him alive for five days. He screamed the whole time. Talk or that will look like a picnic."

The alien shudders, then responds.

"Za creestawl lets it leeve... Wree wur sent to destroy ritt but mosst of uzz got killed... dey rigged za ship to break down when we landesd so zey cut gyeet away..."

"What the heck are you saying?" asks a confused Kir'Zhan from behind, who seems to be ignoring the pain just fine.

"..."
The other biped comes in. "Ve wur sense her to save za master from it. Za master got away but he lefse us here to die to buoy time."

Kir'Zhan-3-Kir'Zhan aids in the interrogation.

10% bled out, infection roll: 6/12 (roll a 12 and it gets infected)

Rayn-1-Dismounting Saith, Rayn enters the building, crossbow in hand, and raises it to intimidate the aliens even more.

Come on guys, give them a break. :P
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »

"Umm, guy's? Little help? I'm being swarmed by Enemy fighters. Use the SAMs please? Oh yeah, I'm in a helicopter." Fire 2 missiles at a fighter.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2011, 10:58:55 pm »

Shout out: "Everybody had better get down, doesn't matter who or what you are, ya better get down, because I'm fragging right now."

Activate and throw an alien grenade at the locked door, then RUN.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2011, 11:04:26 pm »

Activate darkening field on the helmet, that should prevent that from happening again, hopefully.  Stay at the ready, if I sense anything coming towards me, cut it with the knife or the force wave attack, depending on distance.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2011, 12:42:12 am »

Clean & bandage Kir's wounds
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 10, 2011, 09:16:25 am »

"Thank you" Do whatever the others are doing, since it's better not to split up even more.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2011, 09:19:24 am »

"OI, Stand still or I'll get a penalty"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2011, 03:56:04 pm »

'So your master came here to investigate the crystals. Most of you were killed and he escaped, but left the rest here?'

{If the answer to all is yes, kill them, if not ask for clarification.)

I'm an ass.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:36 pm »

Oi, wolfchild, I just got a spark of inspiration, so unfortunately I'll have to roll without you.

[/placeholder]

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 13, 2011, 04:31:52 pm »

This roll features a restructure of the combat system and weapon damage, etc.

Roll 25

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

---Players---

Sareesa-6-What was that? Sareesa reaches for the control panel on her helmet and activates the darkening field. Being able to react to bright lights in mere nanoseconds, nothing like this should ever happen again.
Peeking out over the edge again, she sees the light again, and subsequently gets blinded. Again. Whatever that is, the darkening field can't resist it. Detaching her reflective visor, she holds it near the edge and sees a white sphere emitting the light, which two bipeds standing guard, albeit looking a bit nervous, as if they saw nothing.

Gordon-5-Gordon grabs the radio and yells into the microphone.
"Umm, guys? A LITTLE HELP PLEASE? I can't hit these guys!"
Gordon reaches for the little green "Lock-On" button and waits for the bleep.
Hearing it, he presses the red one below it, and the missile shoots forward, slamming into a fighter and knocking out out of the sky. The shattered remains of its shield sail away in arcs.
"Checkmate."
Firing again, the next missile fails to shatter the enemy shield, but the fighter is knocked backward, and its structure collapses in on itself.

Suddenly, the first hail of fire comes in. A series of green shards bounce uselessly off of Gutsy's reinforced plating.

Taric-1-"Hold still!"
Taric approaches Kir'Zhan with standard issue combat dressing.
Kir'Zhan backs off though. Honestly, Taric is the last guy you'd expect help from when it comes to first-aid.

Tarran-3-"Everybody had better get down, doesn't matter who or what you are, ya better get down, because I'm fragging right now!"
Preceded by a series of thumps as the two soldiers in armor throw themselves to the ground, Tarran sets a grenade next to the door and runs.

The following blast damages the door quite extensively. The hinges are still intact, but the handle is mangled. Tarran kicks the door down and goes through.

Zrk-3-"So your master came here to investigate the crystals. Most of you were killed and he escaped, but left the rest here?"

"Yesh, but zey broke our sheep so zat it woodn't follow dem.

"Alright, that's all I needed to know."
Zrk proceeds to kick both aliens in the face, killing both.

Kir'Zhan-Kir'Zhan stands there, clutching his arm to slow the bleeding.

Rayn-Rayn just stands there.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2011, 04:37:16 pm »

Examine the room.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2011, 04:48:54 pm »

I think I'm a sociopath...

Loot the bipeds' corpses then head outside
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2011, 05:14:02 pm »

Fire 3 more missiles, one at each Falcon.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:04 pm »

Attempt to treat the wound
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2011, 05:58:36 pm »

Hmmmm, clearly this will prove difficult to pass.  Wait for blindness to wear off, while formulating a plan.  If the bipeds approach, attempt to hit them with the wave attack of the force blade.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36