Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Generic Sci-Fi RTD  (Read 29574 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Generic Sci-Fi RTD
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »

Turn the Behemoth into cinders/slag

Not THAT's positive thinking!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2011, 10:09:42 pm »

I was hoping to kill the entire group when I cut that bridge.  I hope the tree I cut down is large enough to use as a bridge.  Sorry about that if it's not guys :(

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:49 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zrk-2-Zooming in using his suit's AutoZoom,™ Zrk realizes that even with a scope against a huge lumbering monster, an eye is quite a small target. Instead of hitting it squarely, Zrk's shots pepper the general area around the eyes [3] but penetrate the monster's plating [6] causing minor flesh wounds. [1] Their heads are mostly the crystal equivalent of fat anyway.

Sareesa-6-"Sareesa here, I think those crystals the bipeds are using are highly poisonous and/or acidic and dissolve in water, don't let them touch you, over."
Rushing to the largest tree in sight within the blink of a eye, Sareesa slices the tree with her Force Blade, causing it to incline before landing right on top of the biped.

Gordon-1-Pulling out another bolt, Gordon accidentally lets go of the bolt again, shooting Taric straight in the back of the head.
He turns around, the power suit having saved his life.
"What the heck, Gordon?"
"Sorry, my bad..."

Taric-4-After that slight mishap, Taric draws his launcher and fires again. It hits [4] but causes no damage, again deflected by the massive plates.

Tarran-6-"Man, they've got nothing on us!"
Tarran aims at the behemoth's leg and opens fire. Landing square hits [4] he finishes the magazine before assessing the damage. The bullets penetrated the behemoth's plating and severed the muscles inside the leg [3] causing the monster to trip, further damaging it as well as breaking its charge.

Rayn-4-Rayn watches as Tarran disables the monster, then comes in and takes the opportunity. Signaling Saith to open fire (get it?), Saith engulfs the behemoth in a storm of flames [6] completely burning off its outer plating, leaving it open to any sort of attack. In pain, the monster tries to run away, but its injured leg prevents it from doing so.

Kir'Zhan-6-Hooking onto the nearest tree, Kir'Zhan climbs up to avoid the monster, before testing the leaves to see if they are edible.
Yup. They're safe. Only the water seems to be acidic.
(And yes, they can cut crystal. These crystals aren't very strong anyway.)

Ive also included a basic map. See the last spoiler.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:09:30 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2011, 12:08:16 am »

Pull out my pistol and fire at the behemoth's head until it stops moving.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2011, 12:08:33 am »

D :
umm...
Make a wooden attack boat that won't dissolve in water. With ports for a Grenade Launcher and such held weapon.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2011, 12:09:21 am »

Flank the behemoth and fire the GL into it arse
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:28:23 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2011, 12:51:26 am »

Head South-West stealthily, attempt to tell my team the positions of the crawlers without revealing myself.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2011, 01:12:33 am »

Move higher in the tree to get a better look to see if there are any more enemies incomeing.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:10 pm »

Blast the behemoth and then run some dirt through the MAC to reload it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2011, 06:07:05 am »

keep pouring on the juice, when salth runs out, give her another piece of rock
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:30 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Encountered Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zrk-4-To finish off the behemoth, Zrk unleashes one last volley of molten iron before running his MAC through dirt to filter out the magnetic iron.
The behemoth's crystal tissue cracks before falling apart into a massive pile of pointy transparent rocks.

Sareesa-4-Heading further from the river, Sareesa looks for the locations of the crawlers she saw before. Instead, the crawlers are on the ground rushing along the trail that the other aliens followed.

Gordon-4-Gordon Adams has the aspect of one fey!
Gordon Adams screams "I must have wood logs!"

Taric-4-Taric planned to flank the behemoth, but the others have already finished it off. Instead, he reloads his launcher following a dramatic pause.

Tarran-2-Tarran draws his pistol, thinking the diamond-tipped bullets will easily penetrate the creature's armor, but it is now a pile of smoking crystal.

Rayn-4-Passing over the dead creature once more, Saith causes the remains to evaporate with one final blast.

Kir'Zhan-5-Moving back up onto the canopy, Kir'Zhan sees only a handful of crawlers fleeing along some sort of trail Otherwise, it's all clear.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:49:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39:58 pm »

Tarran-2-Taric draws his pistol, thinking the diamond-tipped bullets will easily penetrate the creature's armor, but it is now a pile of smoking crystal.
:|

Also, why do I even bother trying to kill things anymore? Everyone will always steal my kill since I'm third-to-last.

Leave the group and search for Sareesa.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:31:16 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2011, 07:04:15 pm »

Follow crawlers at a distance, radio off.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2011, 07:27:47 pm »

Finish reloading and then empty drop pod of any weapons/med kits/generally useful stuff. Keep eyes peeled for other dangerous things.

OH YEAH!!! BITCHIN SPACE MARINE FTW!!! MACS FOR THE MAC GOD!!! KILLS FOR THE KILL THRONE!!!

Ok, Warhammer 40k reference over with, where shall we explore next?

And I have the most kills, Deal with it!

/Srry for asshole post

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:01 pm »

Begin interrogation of the crawler and the biped
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36