Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community Adventure Mode - Youtube Broadcast  (Read 815 times)

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
Community Adventure Mode - Youtube Broadcast
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:20:23 pm »

You read right, it is a Community adventure mode story, aka a Let's Play on youtube. I had a thread simlair but that was more or less related to the creation of my account an more of an update on the status of my let's play.

Now im inviting you all to come and be apart of my adventures, broadcasted through youtube, and  that way we can share the adventure to glory and death! several people have already been thrown into a spot, and as they die (sadly, but it will happen.) new people will be given a shot to make there name in my world. I do use the genesis mod with the lastest version of DF so it is graphically enhanced and there is tons of new content and baddies that go along with the story, this takes place in a HUGE world map and the possibilities are endless. so grab your gear, and lets be off.
\\[End cheesily heroic trailer narration.]//

http://www.youtube.com/user/megamartikus

FYI: We are already on to episode 4!

Legend: Dead,Inactive,Alive

Companion List:
#0: MegaMartikus (Me)....................................... 2 Assist, 1 Kill
#1: mrbobbyg.................................................... 2 Assist
#2: twistolation................................................. 2 Assist
#3: MrNuke....................................................... 2 Assist
#4: 666DevilCrow66 (Not associated w/ site).......... 2 Kill
#5: Nagidal....................................................... 1 Assist

above information is in accordance with information including, and up until the latest episode.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:10:08 pm by MegaMartikus »
All ur fort are belong to us!!

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: Community Adventure Mode - Youtube Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 04:05:43 pm »

Hey, MegaMartikus,

I'd like to take part on that. I have started my own (no succession) private Adventure Youtube broadcast but today I accidentally deleted the world and saves. So right now I'd like to start an adventure in your world.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 04:13:52 pm »

Hey, MegaMartikus,

I'd like to take part on that. I have started my own (no succession) private Adventure Youtube broadcast but today I accidentally deleted the world and saves. So right now I'd like to start an adventure in your world.

yes sir you will be introduced in episode 4 which infact i will be filming shortly.

if anyone else wants to jump in now the time!

EDIT: Well that is if i have room for you in the party, and/or we make it to a palce to recruit you, i will also now in the main post keep track of the survivng members of my party, and who are signed up to join the party, also i will keep score of kills.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 04:22:02 pm »

But tell me precisely how this works. I have not been involved in any community games for DF. When you are done with episode 4 will you upload the DF game directory somewhere for me to download and play it further? Will I play on with your character or create my own one?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:28:29 pm »

Well most community games would use Dwarf Fortress Mode, but since im developing this story in adventure mode, i figured i might aswell go out and see how this would work in adventure mode, basically u can choose to get yourself dwarfed and you generally make suggestions/decisions to be made. you dont get to play the save, but generally follow it like a story, in this instance, more or less a series.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 04:50:06 pm »

Oh, now I see. So you may just name one of your companions after me in your game. Well, so be it. Looking forward to it anyways, will watch your Episodes tomorrow. good luck!

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »

Uploading episode 4 soon! Just finished recording, and will be processing it momentairly, also i am changing the information to present the currents statistics/information.

Also welcome Nagidal!!!