Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: SpaceChem - Delicious Machinery!  (Read 26524 times)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SpaceChem - Delicious Machinery!
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2011, 02:49:42 am »

Just letting you guys now it's only $7.49 on steam right now.

Nice! Totally worth it for this brilliant game.

I'm still stuck on Ω-pseudoethyne (been for the last couple of weeks), I've even gone back and completed every challenge mission and challenge before it since I'm so stuck on Ω-pseudoethyne. :-\
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2011, 12:02:27 pm »

*just bought it from the Steam sale*

...Man, this game has the rather unique ability to make you feel brilliant, then dash all that to pieces just by showing you the next level. I love it.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »

Tried the demo and reached the second planet. Ugh, this game is a mind job.

Also doesn't help that I am also aiming for the lowest cycles while using the fewest parts. Maximum efficiency all the way.

EDIT:
Made it to world 3, and the first level is bugging me already.

I had to kick myself when I discovered that you can switch spawn triggers per-color. I gotta apply this to the first worlds now. >:(

EDIT EDIT:
Using my new knowledge, my efficiency score (Cycle-wise) in 1-1 is now 65. YES!

Did similar to 1-2 now. (53 cycles).

Level1-6 got devastated. 38-1-9 is my new refined score. ;D (recent solution 38-1-13)

I love this game. And on a different note, has anyone noticed that the music in the game sounds very FFXII-ish with a bit of a Starcraftish feel to it?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:10:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2011, 10:22:15 pm »

Yeah. I've said before that this game is the game that have you play once and then you never want to touch it again because of how fried your brain can get... But then you start thinking about your past solution and try the next puzzle... just to go brain fried again.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2011, 04:56:08 am »

The best thing is that the genius feeling you get when solving a level only gets more prominent the further into the game you come. Solving the later levels makes you feel like you could win a Nobel prize any day of the week. Maybe fortunately, the game then takes you down to the ground again with a puzzle so impossible looking that the previous problem looks like a three year old could solve it.

By the way, has anyone tried out the 'research net' yet? The quantum tunnel thing is really fun to use, and some of the new puzzles are really hard. They seem to publish new ones regularly as well.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2011, 08:42:41 pm »

I love this game.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:38 am »

I think the name was a really bad idea. He'd probably get a lot more purchases if he changed it.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 05:50:01 am »

Yes, of course. Any onlooker will totally think "Oh it's all about manufacturing chemicals. I don't like manufacturing chemicals." just from the title.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2012, 07:11:56 pm »

I'm sure everyone who wants this already has it, but it's up for PAY WHAT YOU WANT at IndieGameStand for the next 2 days. It comes with codes for Desura and Steam if you beat the average of $1.74(right now).
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2012, 09:22:02 pm »

Its so much fun.   I've been playing on my android tablet before going to bed every night.  :)  PC version is better though.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »

Holy fuck. I've gotten this game as soon as it came out (1.01.11), blazed through it in a week, got absolutely stuck on Omega-pseudoethyne, abandoned the game for two years, came back a week ago, completed everything, got stuck on the final boss, completed DLC and a bunch of Research.net levels. Just now I finally finished the final level only to realize that bonders bond in completely random ways (i.e. H bonds with the wrong molecule and not the one I want it to bond with). Much rage and hair-pulling ensued until I googled and discovered that all bonders aren't actually the same. 15 minutes of random resorting of bonders later and one and a half hours of trying to defeat the boss with the complete solution and I FINALLY COMPLETED THE GAME. AFTER TWO YEARS. I'm so fucking happy right now.

I so wish they would make stuff like three waldos, temporary memory, bonder ordering customization and so on. Or, even better, a sequel. Oh well, it's still the second best game ever. (after DF :P)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:57 am »

^^^ *like*

Uneron

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Lets fix that, shall we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2012, 03:30:02 pm »

Great game! Mindbending does not even begin to describe it.

I did dislike the story though. From company intrigues with much hush hush and suspense it goes all *small spoiler* Lovecraftian somewhere in the middle, literally out of nowhere. The story alone prevented me from finding the will to continue. I can play games without story, but a story that makes me want to kick the screen is unhealthy.

Can someone who played through the whole thing tell me if the story improves again later on in the game?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2012, 04:26:45 pm »

The story kind of keeps going, being lovecraftianish. I can't remember it ever getting any better, at least, it was a while since I played the game. The missions do get more complex and really fun, though, so I'd recommend just ignoring the story if you think it's disgustingly bad.

Uneron

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Lets fix that, shall we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »

Well, too bad. Guess one can't have everything. Perhaps I'll give it another try, this time ignoring the story completely.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8