Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A problem with a girl  (Read 5045 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: A problem with a girl
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »

Just ignore her.

Women love guys that ignore them.

I never understood the logic behind that, I mean honestly it is the most ridiculous thing in the universe to assume that all women are the same and all act positivly towards neglect.

Sad to say, a lot of the time this is true.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 06:29:22 pm »

I believe the basic idea is that those who get all dolled up in an effort to attract male attention will, in being ignored, try harder to get his attention, and then you've got a girl who's obsessed with dressing up and attracting male attention.

I wouldn't say it's "generally" true.  I'd guess that you just notice women who are trying to attract your attention more than you do those who aren't trying to get your attention--kind of obvious, right?  So then you don't notice the vast majority of the population, who are not in fact intrigued by men who don't have anything to do with them.

Not all women are desperate, you know.  Not even most.  It's that old problem of a small, vocal minority outshouting the majority--and who wouldn't listen, when what they're shouting is "come procreate with me?"  It's a much more pleasant message to hear than "fuck off, I'm finishing my engineering problem set."  Or even "if you're trying to ignore me, you need to do a better job of it because you're disturbing my scrapbooking."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

My wife obsessed over me for years before I first noticed her. What does that mean, Vector?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 07:20:15 pm »

My wife obsessed over me for years before I first noticed her. What does that mean, Vector?

For years you were a dabbling observer.  :P

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 07:22:08 pm »

For years you were a dabbling observer.  :P

I wanted to double over in rib-cracking laughter but I just couldn't. Still, that's pretty much what happened.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Thundawich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »

when you say obsessed, what kind of obsessions do you mean?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 07:42:53 pm »

I obsessed over my boyfriend for about two months before he got the picture.
*Hugs*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 07:43:15 pm »

I obsessed over my boyfriend for about two months before he got the picture.

Addicted even?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 07:54:09 pm »

i can't ignore people, drives me nuts (which is a contradiction to my aspergers)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 10:39:10 pm »

"fuck off, I'm finishing my engineering problem set."

Somehow, when I read this, my first reaction is 'What's the problem set?'

on-topic: if she's not into you, she's not into you. sorry, buddy.

Thundawich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 11:41:22 pm »

yep, i know that, i just asked for some advice on how to cope with it. And thanks guys for ur advice =)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

Copeing is easy, atleast for me. Throw yourself into something you love for a short time, while looking for other girls. Ironicly it's cheesy and not-so-cheesy romances that help get my mind off such things.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 01:54:57 am »

It means there's a difference between "women think it's sexy when guys intentionally ignore them" and "sometimes women are attracted to guys who haven't noticed them yet."

For example, take all the women out there who think certain fictional characters are hot.  They are not hot because they will never know the woman exists, or because they are intentionally ignoring her.  They are attractive for other reasons.

... I mean, do you seriously think that your wife was swept off her feet by your superior ignoring-skills?  If she was, then I need to take lessons from you.  I'm not the best at just letting things go.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Thundawich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 02:34:01 am »

I'm with vector, i dont think ignoring women will be benificial for most peoples

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48:43 am »

Well the female species is most strange. Something even Darwin himself had trouble understanding!

Simple answer is: Don't be a jerk, if you like a girl, and she likes you, go out with her rather then leading her along. That way, your more likely to end up with a nice girl that is suited to you, and you are suited to her, rather then somebody who was just interested in you because she didn't know enough about you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3