Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid question about cage traps  (Read 479 times)

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stupid question about cage traps
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:31:32 pm »

I placed doors and cage traps at their entrances in the first cavern layer I've found (so as to set a safe place to farm). An animal came into it and now I'd like to butcher it and eat it (and most importantly make a bag or an armor out of its hide). How do I butcher it ? Do I have to tame it first ?

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid question about cage traps
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:44:39 pm »

You'll want to order its butchering from the animal menu under the Status screen. It should be near the bottom of the list. The status menu is reachable with (z).
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »

Wild animals need to be tamed to be butchered if I recall, how ever you could just build the cage connect it to a level and release it with your military standing by. The bonus here is your millitary dwarfs will get more combat experience.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:15:06 pm »

Also, there will be more butchering jobs generated, so more idiots can be put to work.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!