Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My first game in Adventure Mode  (Read 643 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
My first game in Adventure Mode
« on: January 01, 2011, 04:02:11 pm »

Hello, I really like DF Fortress mode and have been playing it for weeks, but I got desperate with the time, not being able to survive longer than 10 years. Today I tried the Adventure Mode and I was very sceptical about it, thinking it would be a bad imitation of Angband. I was so mistaken. DF Adventure mode is just awesome, knowing that everything you do infleances the life in the generated world.

I have recorded my first experience with it, you can watch it, if you want:

Part 1: Our hero, Morul Bomrekilir (axedwarf), has his first fight with an evil human commander (Satheth Emothcango, hammerman). In a most cruel battle Morul wins without taking any damage. He decided to go brag about his victory in the nearest village.

Part 2: Morul the axedwarf reports his success in defeating commander Satheth. The inhabitants are excited about it. After Morul has rested he has visited another human village just to check how fast the rumors about his fame spread. The villigers have heard of him and assign him another task: to kill Bugi Villagecamped, the dark freak mate who murders their friends. Morul passes by a fort on his way to Bugi's cave and sleeps there over night after the lady of the fort has allowed him to stay.

Part 3: The next morning, Morul convices three human soldiers (Axeman, Archer, Lasher) to go with him kill Bugi, the Dark Freak Mate. Soon the party finds Bugi's cave. Bugi is a feathered human monster eating other humans. The fight with Bugi is slightly more difficult to fight, but all members make it without major injuries. On their way back to the village they are attacked by a hostile pikeman. He injures the Lasher's upper leg badly, but the party soon kills the pikeman and reach the nearest village to report their heroic deeds, recover and sell the loot.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)