Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: MurderedCopper Succession Fort.  (Read 8210 times)

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
Re: MurderedCopper Succession Fort.
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 07:11:20 pm »

That would be wonderful if you could be come the official 'author' of the Chronicles of MurderedCopper.

I have a few questions...

1. How do you install a graphics pack?(I always got the pre-installed packs)

2. How should I do updates? Should it be in a journal form, occasional updates, or a list of achievements at the end?(This is my first succession game,you see.)

3. When did I start(when did you stop), because I pplayed for 10 min and it was already late spring. I thought it would take more time than that...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:36:31 pm by DwarfyDwarf »
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:59 pm »

Note:(Having never done this before, I forgot to take dates until the 16th.)
I started on the 7th-ish of felsite, which is why I was curious as to when you stopped(Either that, or I just played for way more than 10 minutes.)
Also, x-x mean separation between topics on the same day, and --- is separation between days.

From the diary of DD:
     Think I'll take a break as the new year rolls in...

x-x-x-x-x-x-x SPRING x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Well, things are going smoothly as I plan out some additions to the fort.
Even though we're protected from the west by a river, you can never have too many defenses, I always say.
I've planned out a farm, you can see the plan here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will also be building a tower for lookout/arching purposes, which can be seen here.
--------------------------------------------------------------
16th Felsite
I TOLD YOU WE NEED MORE DEFENSES!!!

A vile force of darkness has Arrived!

Today, Dark stranglers appeared in the southwest corner of the area(and they were all wrestlers,who'd have guessed?)
I ordered our 6 person squad out, The prophecies of diamond, and they started beating THE CRAP out of the Dark stranglers. Thinking they wouldn't be enough, I assigned a Dyer and 2 peasants to the squad. The 4 enemies that were already in the underpass stopped, and ran along the river and away from the fortress(in other words, they did a 180 and escaped like 30 seconds after appearing.)
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Some elves came and want to trade with us, along with 10 or so migrants.
---------------------------------------------------------------
25th Felsite
THIEF! PROTECT THE CHILDREN AND PRECIOUS GOODS!
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
These merchants are so picky! I offered them 2 iron flasks and an iron breastplate for a fox cage, a pig cage, and some berries, and they refused,calling me a dullard! I tried to reason by removing the pig from the deal, but they just yelled at me and left! Pfft...Damn elves.....

1st Hematite

Well, Summer has arrived. I see great things happening to this fortress in the future.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:43:44 am by DwarfyDwarf »

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2011, 03:52:12 am »

Well, I think that I can write some important events. I mean, when something interesting happens in your turn, send me a pm with the details, and i'll write it in my next post. I think we can have a good legend saga, like the nordic ones.

I think this will be better than looking at all the updates until inspiration comes to my mind, won't it?
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »

Groovy, stick my name down.

But I have a question. In which file would saves be located?
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 08:08:03 pm »

From the diary of DD:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x SUMMER x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Well, things have been slow in the first few days of summer. The only exciting thing that happened were some migrants arriving.

We got 9 new people from the motherland, along with their pack animals and supplies.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9th Malachite

Our very own siege operator, Ilral Uzolsazir gave birth to a lovely little girl this morning. I'll be sure to go and meet her when she's well enough to talk.
x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-xx-x--xx-xx-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x-x
As I was walking to get a drink from the river(I had been doing some work around the tower), a pig charged at me! I had to run as fast as I could just to survive! As soon as I could, I sent our military to deal with the swine menace.
They took down 3 of the 5 pigs, and the other 2 escaped. But as they headed back to the fort, they noticed turkeys. Not wanting a repeat incident, I ordered them to kill those turkeys, too.
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
As my farm needs extreme amounts of grates and hatch covers, I built a new mason's workshop at the end of the hallway to help lighten the load for the other hardworking mason.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
11th Galena

As I passed Momuz Odrozmafol the metalsmith in the hallway, she suddenly screamed about 'inspiration' and 'the gods have truly blessed me'
and ran, shrieking all the way, to the metalsmith's forge and began a mysterious construction with a bar of iron she had grabbed.
15th Galena

When I entered the dining room this morning, I noticed something I had not in my drunken stupor. In the corner, by the doorway, was the HALF ROTTED CORPSE OF A DWARF. I kid you not. Something must be done about this immediately.
16th Galena

This morning, as I passed the metalsmith's forge, momuz walked out looking very proud of herself and holding a small object above her head to be revered by all other dwarves. She claimed it was Nicatlilar, or 'ChainPattern' in native tongue, and showed me the little dwarf carved into it. I estimated it to be worth 24000 dwarfbucks. After all, it IS of the highest craftsdwarfship.
x-x-x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Today, I ordered all the stone clogging up the rooms to be stacked in the middle of the hallway near the workroom. The dwarves have gotten to it and we now have a quantum stockpile... whoa, wait. Where did I get the word quantum. Sounds like human-words to me. I need to get more sleep...
28th Galena

SNATCHER!! Not 1, but 2! They were at the entrance to our fort when someone spotted them. I sent our military after them both, but they escaped both times. Our military needs some more training...

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x AUTUMN x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

P.S. - I edited the plans for the farms since last time, and have included a few rough sketches of the areas I've planned out.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:27 am »

Oh my... You're really... busy...

And Like I stated before, I accidentally played a bit into the second year. My bad...

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:49 pm »

Yeah, I noticed, and since this is my first time playing a succession fort(or a fort with over 30 dwarves for that matter), I'm not exactly sure how to play/record events.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2011, 01:13:39 pm »

Hey, DD, you finished yet? It's been more than a week now, right?

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:01 pm »

Yeah, but I've been busy with school... ::)    :-\   I'll finish either tomorrow or Sunday, alright?

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2011, 01:26:07 am »

And by that, I meant get distracted by minecraft.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x AUTUMN x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

19th Limestone

ARGH! Another snatcher! When will they learn?
Well, the good thing is that nobody was kidnapped. That goblin was a pansy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(No date recorded)

Today, I decided we needed a hospital. Even with our superb defenses, someone's bound to get hurt sometime.
I'll have Anglewyrm and myself dig it out along with the new recruit, who used to be a milker, after the farm is complete.
When the milker was first recruited, he got mixed up with a fisherman and we had to fix that.
When he finally got ready to work, he dug out 1 channel, and took a break. I'm not even kidding. -_-
1st Timber

Ah! Some fresh blood has arrived. Today, we got about 9 migrants, and their pack animals. I hope to put them to use.
(No date recorded)
Today, AngleWyrm and I finally got around to digging out the butcher's shop/animal pit.
13th Timber
Today, the traders from the mountain home arrived. When they arrived, I decided these lazy hogdobbits needed some help hauling all of our stuff to the depot. But not before I ran back to the farm to channel one more space out, and then get a bite to eat...
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x
We traded a few bars of coke and some leftover thread and quivers for a pig, a goose, and a few pieces of leather. I wanted some booze too, but DAMN was it expensive. 1 barrel cost 100 dwarfbucks!
20th Timber
As I was designing the farms, I decided to put in here some instructions in case I should be eaten by a grue or some such.
So far, we have 3 farms. Each farm has 2 levers in the doorway. The top lever of each farm controls the hatches above for irrigation. The bottom lever controls the floodgates for the water incase we need to do some maintenance. There's another lever in a hallway, which controls the grates used to keep the fish out of our farm.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x WINTER x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

AN: Sorry for the non-updates. Got busy with school. Next update comes tomorrow ;D

Also, does anyone know how to make the little sun symbol commonly used to signify dwarfbucks?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2011, 08:14:45 am »

Type 263C into wordpad and press alt and x at the same time, it should convert it to the ☼ symbol.

Also, what d'you think your doing, trading mah coke? I need that to make weapons'n'shit! Also, how have I been doing?

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

Well, the metalsmith has been busy cleaning the hallways... >.>
It was only like 3 or 4, anyways, we have like 30. At least the halls are clean now...
Also, haven't bothered to check up on you, sorry. If anyone wants I'll post your relationships or happiness or something on request.

Also, I got a questionmark in a box... :\
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:22:38 pm by DwarfyDwarf »

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2011, 01:13:09 am »

Since I have no way to send a document, I'll just post my quicknotes:

4th moonstone trade agreement (will post later)

19thmoonsotne Anglewyrm goes on break

26thmoonstoen installed grates showed connections (will show connections later)

21st opal dyer Urdim Olinser taken by fey mood CARPENTER(claimed carpentershop)

26th opal Tholtig Avalstakud fisherdwarf boy (birth)

MOOD 2 logs Iron leather

2nd obsidian Taran Stin, Shark of strife, Cedar grate, 20400

Bands of iron spikes of larch and giant toad leather birches in cedar

17th obsidian Dobar athelilush gemcutter girl (birth)

Dark strangler seige

thief by front door,actually killed because wrestlers next to him, died quickly

another thief 2 feet away - same fate

another siege tigermen with weapons oh shit oh shit

Anyways, does the front bridge ope and close? I'd like to know...

Also, I looked at your profiles and will post them later (after I'm helped with this little predicament...)

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2011, 12:25:22 pm »

(you guys that last post wasn't me telling the story it was me asking what I should do during the double siege and whether or not the front bridge closed.)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2011, 06:31:34 pm »

I can't remember whether I hooked up the bridge...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8