Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: MurderedCopper Succession Fort.  (Read 8205 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
MurderedCopper Succession Fort.
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:47:58 pm »

I've always wanted to do a succession fort, but since I don't have reliable access to the DFFD, I've had to think of a different way to pass the save around. I've come to the conclusion that emailing the save might work.

Turns are 1 in-game year, one (real) week maximum to complete. Mods used include the additions of a few weapons (Broadswords, punching daggers) and some gems/decorative stones, and the Fortress Defense mod. This is a 31.18 succession fort.

The way it works is this: The next player in the lineup pms the previous player their email address, so that the save can be passed onto them.

Player List:
1. Vorthon: Adequate Furnace Operator; Adequate Weaponsmith; Adequate Armorsmith; Adequate Blacksmith; Adequate Woodburner
2. DwarfyDwarf: Proficient Miner; Skilled Mechanic; Novice Appraiser
3. MrNuke:?
4. AngleWyrm: Proficient Miner; Proficient Stonecrafter
5. MegaMartikus: Competent Milker; Competent Lye Maker; Competent Soapmaker; Novice Cheesemaker
6. Ext0l: Proficient Mason; Proficient Engraver
7. BluesProto: Proficient Woodcutter; Proficient Carpenter
8. Siquo
9. Soapalope
10. Terrahex
11. Plisskin
(Might add more slots later.)
The first seven players (Counting myself. Not meanin' to be narcissitc or anything, but, y'know.) get a member of the starting expedition named after them, and they get to pick what skills said dwarf has.

EDIT: Come on, people. I know you're looking at the topic. Please respond. I just want to play a succession fort... :(
NEWEDIT: Yes! the first two victims players!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:09:50 am by Vorthon »

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
Re: MurderedCopper Succession Fort.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:22:20 pm »

I'll try it.
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 12:28:53 pm »

I will join.
In fact, i wouldve of joined a lot sooner, but I am afraid of emails. I much prefer the DFFD
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 02:31:23 pm »

I've got to ask you two, what skills do you want for your members of the starting expedition? I'm going for Mason/Architect/Mechanic and maybe Engraver.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 02:38:13 pm »

I'll play. Miner with stonecrafting as his/her secondary, and one point in armorsmithing, just in case.

And once we get past the guy with connection problems, we should switch to dffd for the saves.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:36:44 pm by AngleWyrm »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 03:23:18 pm »

And once we get past the guy with connection problems, we should switch to dffd for the saves.

I have display name, y'know. ouchh... anyways, adding you to the list.

In other news, just genned the world, and most of the civs made it through without pummeling eachother into extinction.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 03:35:37 pm »

Sorry :P

Hey I just realized that stonecrafting is moodable, so there's no point in taking a point in armorsmithing. So just make me half-miner, half-stonecrafter.

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »

Sign me up!
Name: Martikus
Profession:but in all seriousness... Make me 3 Milker 3 Lye Making 3 Soap Making 1 cheese making.

For a clean dwarf is clean... and cheese.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:32:49 pm by MegaMartikus »
All ur fort are belong to us!!

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »

What about cheese making? Shouldn't that be in there too? Or do you have a thing against cheese? The moon's made of cheese, you know. Do you have a thing against the moon? I think not. So how about that cheese making?

Just to let you know, when my turn comes around we shall have cheese, and someone's gonna make it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:25:41 pm by AngleWyrm »

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 04:32:13 pm »

fixed
All ur fort are belong to us!!

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »

Oh happy day and joyous moments, we shall indeed have cheese! :D

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:08 pm »

I can take turn 6.

If you can, make me an engraver/mason.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »

Okay, updated the first post. I think we should be able to start once we get another player (If it comes down to it, we can always just collapse the playerlist down to seven.), and MrNuke and DwarfyDwarf state what skills they want their member of the starting expedetion to have.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 12:47:54 pm »

I can take turn 7.

I would like to be... uhm... Maybe a... carpenter, yeah, a carpenter and a woodcuter

but, can you give me the links for the mods? I'm new and I get a bit confuse when I try to look for them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:49:54 pm by Bluesproto »
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »

but, can you give me the links for the mods? I'm new and I get a bit confuse when I try to look for them.

I don't see how you'd need them, because the raws are in a folder in the save folder, but go to the modding forum and look for the community mod list. It's a sticky near the top of the page.

I'm going to regen the world (forgot to take out some of creature raws from the F&F mod. Plus, I'm going to stick the creature_domestic_ff.txt file back in the raws. It's only the other creature raws from the F&F mod that seem to cause problems (FB civs, and all that kinda jazz.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8