Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Awesome(or bad) stuff that happened to you in 2010  (Read 1553 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome(or bad) stuff that happened to you in 2010
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 03:08:55 pm »

The Good: Had my first job. Earned money.

The Bad: Did not get a second job.

The Ugly: The socks I got for Christmas.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 03:09:37 pm »

Meh. I'm indifferent.
*Hugs*

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 11:12:38 pm »

Bad: Lost my old Steam account after an accidental and unforseen overdraft hit my bank account (Steam related).
Good: Cut my losses and restarted. Over the course of this sale, unlike last one, I properly prepared for it, and managed to escape with everything this time. Collection is near-complete again, and at near half the price of the previous collection. Additionally, this collection I now have is larger.
Surprising: I somehow found a way to legally dodge paying the overdraft, at the expense of my Steam account. It was either miss out on $200+ worth of games (already paid previously over the course of my account life), or pay double-to-triple that to recover them. I had to cut my losses.

Good: Incidentally, thanks to the Steam account K.O., I finally got around to finishing the Bloodfist, and it has been listed among the DF community Trope page as a military mashup machine, and in the DF CMOA page, though just as "an airship". I think it was also mentioned in several other locations as well. I also converted it to a Minecraft form and made it distributable as a schematic (see sig). In nearly 3 weeks, it has been downloaded 229 times at this moment.

Good: Realized "What the hell am I doing?" regarding life, and rethought a few "resolutions" and made more definite resolutions for myself. To put it simply: I no longer give a flying fuck about what to do with my life. Life's meant to be enjoyed, and dammit, I want to enjoy it; regardless a few missing things (you know, dating, a better job, enough money to not worry as much). Add to it, I'm also going to ensure I stop being so damn mailable and worrying about offending anyone by being my real self (surprisingly, more a family matter. Kinda an issue when you live in a large family and are somewhere in the middle of it all).

Good: DF reached it's next version, and as usual, keeps getting better and better (along with much of the community and community-generated tools for it).

Good: realized I was able to qualify for unemployment after my work hours got reduced severely.
Bad: That same unemployment benefit also got cut off before the end of the year. Optimistically, it might recover by next year.

Good: Found and collected a bunch of old shows and etc., anime, MST3k, you name it. I've got my year booked. Might try to dedicate this new season to One Piece, and catch up with everyone else (Ep. 48 is where I currently am). I've got my work cut out for me there.

Good: I've noticed over the past years that my outlook is actually more towards optimism again. Similar to it, doing a bit of soul searching, or at least a good several hours spent inside Tropes, I've noticed that much of my life can qualify as a CMOA page unto itself. Well, the crap I had to deal with through my life was crap, but how I handled them, or found ways around problems and such, those are CMOA-worthy. Being a Chaotic Neutral Crazy Awesome person should also destine me for more awesomeness in my life.

EDIT: ADDED
Good: Minecraft's developments (and having snagged it in it's alpha stages in the earlier part of the year), along with Powdertoy have sorta become a bit of a zen garden or something for me to work on just to pass time and calm down. That is, provided a creeper doesn't end up blowing up what I was working on or mining through. And with Powdertoy, I love cooking radioactive materials in pressure cookers.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:32:16 am by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 01:23:01 am »

Bad: broke up with now-ex, twice.  There was a surfeit of sadface.
Good: everything, including the breakups.  I can't resent anything that pushed me in the direction I'm going now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]