Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: How you became a tech-guru(comparatively)  (Read 5620 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: How you became a tech-guru(comparatively)
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 12:34:21 am »

Even a monkey could do it!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 12:37:30 am »

Are you actually taking us seriously? Oh dear god.

Also: What the hell is the point of pinging yourself? And why would you use your external IP address (or your address on the LAN) instead of localhost?

Oh, and when you block out your username, you might want to get the first letter too so it isn't as obvious. Granted, mine is only three characters long, so you could probably get that within a few tries. Not that it matters.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:53:27 am by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 12:42:52 am »

My computer is starting to ping me with creepy messages,

its telling me to look outside the window, and it happens to know what i am wearing >.> can a computer do this?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 12:44:59 am »

My computer is starting to ping me with creepy messages,

its telling me to look outside the window, and it happens to know what i am wearing >.> can a computer do this?

Of course, if you've got a webcam... out of interest, what was outside your window?
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

thezeus18

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 12:45:35 am »

holy shit
guys
did you know you that you can click the right button on the mouse and get a menu?
this changes everything

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2011, 12:46:24 am »

holy shit
guys
did you know you that you can click the right button on the mouse and get a menu?
this changes everything

How? I'm trying to click on the mouse, but I can't move the arrow off the screen itself...
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2011, 12:48:10 am »

A few trees, some people walking by. One tree is a big oak. There are also a bunch of cars parked, a black van, and a white van that has a rusted sign on it which says ``Candy Inside`` which has its motor running. Nothing out of the ordinary.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2011, 12:48:51 am »

holy shit
guys
this changes everything

How? I'm trying to click on the mouse, but I can't move the arrow off the screen itself...

You need to put the mouse on the screen.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2011, 12:50:15 am »

I did that, but the mouse winds up on TOP of the arrow, and moving the mouse doesn't do anything. I mean, I don't get that. If the mouse can move the arrow by shooting a light onto my desk, shouldn't it work even better when it's shooting the light directly into the computer screen?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 12:51:52 am »

I did that, but the mouse winds up on TOP of the arrow, and moving the mouse doesn't do anything. I mean, I don't get that. If the mouse can move the arrow by shooting a light onto my desk, shouldn't it work even better when it's shooting the light directly into the computer screen?

It definitely should. Maybe your mouse is faulty? Are you sure you've plugged it into the correct hole?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:05 am »

okay hang on i'm trying something to get better control over the cursor arrow but I need the right firefox add-on

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:26 am »

Is is a white mouse or a brown one? I hear the brown are more docile these days, but I haven't kept up to date on recent developments.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 12:55:57 am »

Plug in a new mouse with a fresh cursor.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2011, 01:01:58 am »

okay i installed firegestures and tried to use it to draw a wiccan binding circle over the arrow in firefox but it still wouldn't stay put or go where i want

the arrow disappeared when i took a screenshot; do you think it's taunting my power?? Or is the problem that I can't really draw the circle around the arrow because the trail follows it?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 01:04:19 am »

You need a second mouse to bind the first one. Make sure to tape the first one down, otherwise it might try to slip away.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6