Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Mutant Aggression. [Turn 12: Helmet modification engaged.]  (Read 9968 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Mutant Aggression. [Turn 6: Or not?]
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2011, 07:37:28 pm »

adding to action

Trail the plain to where it crashes
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2011, 07:39:18 pm »

Just waiting for Ninteen45 to post his action. Let's hope it doesn't take days.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:32 pm »

Pat off whatever flames are left on me and climb outside for the wing. Also, see what the plane looks like while I'm there.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 12:47:18 pm »

++++---++++
Turn 7

++++---++++

In hi-speed mode, find a parachute and bail out. (If I cant find a parachute, use a sheet)
[4+1=5] You turn on your enhanced reflexes again [Mutation upgrade available!] and with the speed given to you by them, quickly search through the bunk-beds and some bodies, and to your surprise, in a little beside crate, you find a parachute! You quickly strap it on, thanking your reflexes again, because the parachute was a bit bulky and would have taken longer to put on without your speed, and take a running start towards the open air that was once the pilot's cabin. You jump out, and start free-falling. Only once you are in the air do you realize that you feel a bit weak, probably caused by all your super-reflexive actions.

Ask what the hell is going on while imploding the crates though gravity and getting what's inside, again through gravity. Believing the plane is falling, get self into position to slow the impact of the plane.
[4] You try to ask what the hell is going on, but you see no people. You shrug and concentrate on a few nearby crates. You manage to try to start imploding three at once. After a bit of concentrating, one of the crates crushes whatever is inside it as it implodes, but the two other crates implode with no damage done to what is inside them. You get a helmet, and what looks like a large Swiss Army Knife. You then sit down on the floor and brace yourself against a few crates.
[4] You start concentrating on the metal beneath you, it being a little difficult not knowing completely what you are on, what it's made of, and such, but you manage to do a little. The floor now starts tipping backwards a bit, and you start feeling like your being crushed into the floor. You assume this is good, because if it's a normal plane you are on, the pilot's cabin pointing up a bit would mean that the main mass of the plane is providing air resistance, which is good.

With wings clasped tightly to her back, sorrow runs to the exit of the plane and jumps out, when at a safe distance from the plane, she spreads her wings and starts gliding to the nearest land, while trailing the plane to where it crashes
[4+1=5] You easily tuck in your wings a bit, back up down the Quarters, and then run forward and throw yourself out of the plane, your Aerobatics skill helping somewhat. You let yourself fall for a while, but then you spread your wings [Mutation upgrade available!] [10 experience points gained!]. You laugh at how easy it is. This is what your wings were made to do! You shrug off your feeling of elation and glance back at the plane. Nothing is there, other than the round hole that looks in upon crew quarters.
  After watching in shock for a moment, you realize that the plane is blinking in and out of existence. Some kind of stealth system immediately flies into your mind. You then notice the advanced-looking, almost futuristic, engines on the wings, and at the back of the plane, on a weird-looking tail fin. If the plane was so advanced, why would the owners, or whoever launched the missile, blow it up?

look for a parachute wait oh f**k they was in the crew quaters well brace for impact on the softest in the plane?
[5] You look around in panic for another parachute, like the one you saw Neos bail with a minute back. You fail to find one, so you brace yourself against a bunk-bed. You manage to find what feels like a good position. You are now Braced well. You take a glance outside and notice how the lights far below are much closer now. Oh how time flies.

Pat off whatever flames are left on me and climb outside for the wing. Also, see what the plane looks like while I'm there.
[3] You brush off some sparks on your right arm, whatever that will do for your tiny burns, and experience an idea. Using trailing cords, metal bars, and the like from the explosion, you hoist yourself up, slowly but surely, on top of the plane and then onto what you assume is a wing. After you shake off your feeling of slight panic and take a small breath of whatever little air is up here, your eyes fly downwards to look at the plane and see... nothing. You give a cry of surprise and tumble back, almost off the plane, before grabbing at what you ASSUME is some kind of air flap on the wing, if you even are on a wing.
  Then the full realization of what you just did hits you. Oh yeah, let's climb onto the wing of a plane that is falling at who-knows-how-fast in a trajectory that will most likely crash into a very big, crowded city. What's that? The air is a bit thin up here? Oh I bet that can't trump not knowing where the hell you are on the plane and what you are holding onto because THE PLANE IS INVISIBLE. Oh, and not to mention the possible land to air defense missile coming your way from the people who don't really want a plane crashing into their city. You don't really know how that idea flew into your conscious on that one.

---ONE AND A HALF turns before you crash into something!---
Logan's gravity manipulation has done a little something...

Status

Player: TolyK
Name: Logan
Health: Perfect
Inventory: M.R.A.C. bracelet | Helmet | Large S.A.K
Skills: Weapon/Tech DIY
Mutation: Gravity Field Manipulation [GFM]

Player: Neo1096
Name: Neos
Health: Bruised right arm.
Inventory: Letter-opener | Key
Skills: Adept Blades | Novice Gymnastics/Acrobatics
Mutation: Enhanced reflexes [Mutation upgrade available] [1/2 way to second upgrade]

Player: Ninteen45
Name: Tam
Health: Singed right arm. Singed right leg.
Inventory: M.R.A.C. bracelet | Shabby jumpsuit | Odd baton
Skills: Adept Memorization | Novice sneaking/hiding
Mutation: Paralyzing eye

Player: Ahra
Name: Crustacian
Health: Bruised nose. Bruised left knee.
Inventory:  Pair of spiked gloves | Pistol | Medi-kit
Skills: Adept Martial arts | Novice Shooter
Mutation: Nauseating explosive gas [1/2 to upgrade]

Player: wolfchild
Name: Sorrow
Health: Bruised upper body. Singed face.
Inventory: MMA gloves
Skills: Novice Aerobatics | Novice Hand-to-Hand | Novice Cooking
Mutation: Large reptilian wings [Mutation upgrade available]

((This took a while, mainly because at so much to manage. I forgot to remove the bracelets from a lot of people until now because I forgot that Tam had cut them off, but it's done now, at any rate.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Mutant Aggression. [Turn 7: Brace or bail!]
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:41 pm »

wait for impact, think about my own mortality
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2011, 01:43:44 pm »

I'll look for a panel into the wing while climbing up to a better position.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2011, 02:57:06 pm »

Don't I get a 1/2 point for upgrades?

Anyways...
Put helmet on and S.A.K. in a good place. Look out a window and look for the boundary to land and sea. When found, maneuver myself into a braced position and try to "steer" plane to fairly shallow water.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 03:53:16 pm »

Upgrade my mutation to passively improve my perception/sensory processing/mental speed as well, And gently steer the parachute towards land, resting my body while I do.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:55:59 pm by neo1096 »
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2011, 08:20:15 pm »

Upgrade wings to not be so fragile, see if i can spot anyone else bailng (or the idiot on the wing)
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2011, 09:32:47 pm »

++++---++++
Turn 8

++++---++++

wait for impact, think about my own mortality
[2] You count seconds in your head. It gets really boring. You think about your own mortality. You realize that your mortality isn't the best right now.

I'll look for a panel into the wing while climbing up to a better position.
[5] You grab the air-flap you are holding onto with both hands and swing yourself onto the wing in a might display of strength! And there's better news! You can actually see the wing completely now! The invisibility thing must have finally shorted out completely.
  You look around and spot a panel, a bit farther out into the air than you are. You take a sigh of relief that you managed to find a better position but... you're still barely holding onto the wing of a plane that is crashing. That isn't the best position you've seen in life.

Put helmet on and S.A.K. in a good place. Look out a window and look for the boundary to land and sea. When found, maneuver myself into a braced position and try to "steer" plane to fairly shallow water.
[5] You put the helmet on easily, and then clip the S.A.K. onto your jumpsuit with a handy-dandy clip-tool thing. You then, giving up your gravity-manipulation, quickly jog over to a nearby window. You look around for the boundary between land and sea... and barely notice it just as the plane passes over it. Shit.
  Running quickly back to your position you had when manipulation gravity, you brace yourself and attempt to land the plane in the next best place: A big field. Again, you get slammed into the floor of the plane as you work hard with your gravity [Mutation upgrade available!] to slow the plane a bit more. It seems to slow a bit, but it's still a plane and you fail to do A LOT.

Upgrade my mutation to passively improve my perception/sensory processing/mental speed as well, And gently steer the parachute towards land, resting my body while I do.
You focus on your mutation, attempting to bring it closer to you. You focus on what changes to bring to your mutation and then... it suddenly feels like something is changed. Your mutation is now Enhanced reflexes-Mental power [ERPMP] [6-1=5] You look around for any steering-straps on your parachute and, finding some, you grasp them and tug at them a bit, changing direction when you do so. You scout around at the land, looking for a goodish place to land, and see a large field that is... right outside a city. You tug at the straps a bit, then sit back to enjoy the ride and rest, hoping that the plane will land where you are landing too.

Upgrade wings to not be so fragile, see if i can spot anyone else bailng (or the idiot on the wing)
You flex your wings, thinking of them, absorbing the feeling that they give you. You think about the changes you want to your mutation, and you feel your wings' muscles and sinews thicken and harden a bit. You now have Strong large reptilian wings  [5] You flap your wings once to turn around [1/3 to second upgrade!], trying to see if you can spot anyone. You see a human body attached to a parachute a little ways off and below you as well as a body crouching on a wing, holding onto some kind of flap. To climb onto a crashing plane's wing... you wonder what got in that guy's head.

---2/3 of a turn before you crash into something!---
Logan's gravity manipulation has done a little something more. Only a little something, however.

Status

Player: TolyK
Name: Logan
Health: Perfect
Inventory: M.R.A.C. bracelet | Helmet | Large S.A.K
Skills: Weapon/Tech DIY
Mutation: Gravity Field Manipulation [GFM] [Mutation upgrade available]

Player: Neo1096
Name: Neos
Health: Bruised right arm.
Inventory: Letter-opener | Key
Skills: Adept Blades | Novice Gymnastics/Acrobatics
Mutation: Enhanced reflexes-Mental power [ERPMP] [1/3 way to second upgrade]

Player: Ninteen45
Name: Tam
Health: Singed right arm. Singed right leg.
Inventory: M.R.A.C. bracelet | Shabby jumpsuit | Odd baton
Skills: Adept Memorization | Novice sneaking/hiding
Mutation: Paralyzing eye

Player: Ahra
Name: Crustacian
Health: Bruised nose. Bruised left knee.
Inventory:  Pair of spiked gloves | Pistol | Medi-kit
Skills: Adept Martial arts | Novice Shooter
Mutation: Nauseating explosive gas [1/2 to upgrade]

Player: wolfchild
Name: Sorrow
Health: Bruised upper body. Singed face.
Inventory: MMA gloves
Skills: Novice Aerobatics | Novice Hand-to-Hand | Novice Cooking
Mutation: Strong large reptilian wings [1/3 to second upgrade]

((Sorry about removing the 'passive' part, Neo, but you still have the -1 for too many reflexive (and now also mental) actions, and if you had a passive thing... well you'd be getting a lot of -1's.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Scoop the guy from the wing, and help him land safely

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Ahra (Crustacian): As it seems that basically everyone's got off the plane but me and you, I guess we could either wait or jump off the plane and go into a (gravity-slowed) free-fall. I'll wait until you posts your (dis)agreement.

All:
Well, looks like it's working!  :D
Well since it's a field (thinking rice patty field, no?) it should still be quite soft.

*edit: see below for move*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:52:01 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Force the flaps on the wing up in an attempt to steer the plane.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

nah i stay on the plane
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

ok then:

Upgrade:
Upgrade power to manipulating gravity fields to affect only select objects (such as the plane but not a nearby heli), a.k.a. Selective Gravity-Field Manipulation (SGFM). The thing is that the range isn't unlimited (as it used to be, basically) but only up to 1 km.  :D

Move:
Since the plane's nose is tipped up, go to cabin and hurriedly try to set landing gear. While there, quickly grab various parts quickly, and brace myself. Use my SGFM to slow down the plane further and try to minimize damage. (BTW I'm looking for tech and potential weapon parts from the cabin.)

Oh, and I have level 3 tech/weapon DIY btw

Force the flaps on the wing up in an attempt to steer the plane.
Into the field!

Yeah, definitely into the field. I wouldn't want to risk the sea with a plane in this state.
Whoever is on the plane better find a way to get the wheels open somehow.
oh right, updating about that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:53:25 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9