Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cat in my car Engine!?  (Read 2695 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Cat in my car Engine!?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:36 pm »

Its how I get cats out of my engine, and trust me I get alot of cats in my engine.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 11:18:58 pm »

Just leave the hood open and start the engine, it'll jump off and run as soon as the starter turns over, trust me on this.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 05:27:32 am »

Its how I get cats out of my engine, and trust me I get alot of cats in my engine.

Ok I may be ignorant...

But how does a cat manage to get inside a car engine?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 05:35:34 am »

It climbs inside. Pretty easy when you're small, flexible, and genius.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 05:43:15 am »

It climbs inside. Pretty easy when you're small, flexible, and genius.

But how? where is there a hole large enough for a rat to get inside yet alone a fluffy and adorable singing cat?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 06:06:12 am »

On the underside, usually. Unless your car is amphibious or a real off-road vehicle, the lower part of the engine compartment isn't sealed, allowing more complete maintenance of the engine without the need to take the whole thing out.

And of course, there's the old (perhaps russian in origin) joke about how japanese manufacturers test the quality of their cars by, among other things, locking a cat inside a completed car, and if it's dead by next day the car's watertight. So the russian car designers do the same thing, and by next day the cat's not in there anymore.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 06:09:06 am »

On the underside, usually. Unless your car is amphibious or a real off-road vehicle, the lower part of the engine compartment isn't sealed, allowing more complete maintenance of the engine without the need to take the whole thing out.

And of course, there's the old (perhaps russian in origin) joke about how japanese manufacturers test the quality of their cars by, among other things, locking a cat inside a completed car, and if it's dead by next day the car's watertight. So the russian car designers do the same thing, and by next day the cat's not in there anymore.

I guess living in Canada things may be different...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 08:52:50 am »

Cats are slippery little monsters, one climes up through a hole under my house and into some heater vents and had kittens either before and braught them in there or right next to my furnace and waterheater and then climbed around in the walls till they found the sink, and then I found them.

All because they can collapes their skeleton and shit, as well as being very smart...my old cat use to open the bathroom door and drink out the leaky tub, occasionally I'd catch him trying to open the door when I had it locked and would sit there meowing till I let him in.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 09:54:09 am »

Why not get a dog and station it near your car?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 11:13:56 am »

Why not get a dog and station it near your car?
Much too much work compared to just installing a removable metal plate(s) on the bottom.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 01:30:47 pm »

cars dont need removable plates...all they need is a butcher's workshop...and besides have you ever worked on a engine, its hard enough doing mantainance as is for most factory engines.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 03:35:38 pm »

Haven't you tried honking your horn?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 03:54:26 pm »

Well, the reason it wouldn't go away is that it had kittens in there. Honking just got it more pissed off.
It did however wake some things up and alert me that there was more than one thing meowing in there.

Animal control finally showed up after four hours or so. I had to guilt trip the bitch on the phone. I'm not usually like that unless I have to be, but this time it certainly was warranted and I even got an apology. The best part? Animal control is less than 10 blocks away from my apartment, and they knew this.... Slathered in chocolate covered cherry flavored incompetent fail-sauce....

They got them all out though. Took a while to capture them all and mom cat was pissed the entire time but the kitty eviction is complete.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 10:34:43 pm »

this reminds me of a story about my cat that we got rid of(we had a catsplosion)

so one day dad went to the store, which is maybe 10 blocks away,  while he was there, he saw the kitten jump out from underneath the car in perfect health wandering around the parking lot.

yeah.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 03:07:15 am »

Water, and lots of it. They hate water elves hate magma.
Pages: 1 [2] 3