Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Urist Military Academy. - Community Fortress  (Read 2269 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist Military Academy. - Community Fortress
« on: December 31, 2010, 07:54:01 am »

It was a day like every other in the mountain home, young Dwarves running to and fro between jobs. Well, if they had Jobs that is. Mostly all of the Dwarves were slackers, doing an odd job here and there without a care in the world, Safe behind the many Traps that lined the Merchant Roads into the Fortress, only those Merchants ever entered and left the Stone City, and the only time the Dwarves ever saw or felt the sunlight was when they rested in the Sun Park that was the center of the Fort, a long pillar of light that reached deep into the mountain and protected by some clever mechanism that prevented the flying monster from ever reaching them. It seemed to be a Paradise....

However, the Fortress Commander did not see it this way. His so called Army was fat and growing fatter each day, nearly all of them had forgotten how to even fight let alone wield an Axe or Sword. Heck he didn't even know if these fools knew which end went into the Golbin, not that any of them had seen a living on in many years. Each year he would plead with the King to allow him to set a task force to remove the Traps so that they would be able to fight again, and be true Dwarves. But each year he would be turned down by the bloated king who was busy chomping down on some exotic meat brought in by the Caravans. Luckily the Fortress Commander was not alone in his thoughts, the King's Liason also felt that the people he helped protect from those that wished ill of them were weak, slackened by these times, he could remember the tales told to him by his father about how the Mountain Home was a Fought for thing, something that many Goblin and Monster had sorught to claim for themselves and the Dwarves pushing them back by Blade and Bolt alike. The Liaison struck a deal with the Fort Commander, a deal that would lead to a new Outpost to be constructed, not by those wishing to leave and start a new life (not that there was a Dwarf there that would) but by the Fort Commander's Army, the useless slobs that hadn't seen a creature benign or evil. The Liaison said to the Commander that if he could get Seven of his most 'Trained' Soldiers to the Front Entrance the next day, there would be a wagon waiting for them and a map to the location for the Academy. Hands were shaken and beers adrank and the next morning came without delay. Seven Young Dwarves were packed into a wagon without warning and told to shut it or face the Hammer when they put up protest, leaving the smiling Liaison with a Dagger filled glare from each of them before a flap was closed and the Seven covered in darkness under a heavy canvas...

The clatter of the wheel going through each and every bump and rise in its path, the sound of the animal and the weird old War Shantee sung by the non responsive Driver left these Young Dwarves without a clue with what was happening outside. They had tried to escape but it appeared that the cover was tied down and they were trapped. The small amount of Supplies were meager compared to their normal lavish meals they would have consumed in the Mountain Home, and the cries for those foods and drink were rising again. After what had seemed like weeks of the continuous travels and of cramped sleeping arrangements, The Covered Wagon pulled to a halt all of a sudden, causing the Seven Dwarves to shake in their seats or sacks or whatever they were sitting/lying on at the time. A heavy thud sounded outside and a sloshing noise of footsteps sounded as the Driver dismounted and went about the Wagon, undoing the ties by the sounds of things. Suddenly the darkness stopped and the bright light of the sun caused them to react with a hand snapping above their faces and eyes as the cover it threatened to blind them. As their sight returned they discovered themselves far from any known area around the Mountain Home, their Commander mounted on one of the Beasts that had appeared to pulled the wagon...

"Welcome you pathetic Purring Maggots. You have had it too easy to be part of the Army of the Mountain Home, you haven't held a sword in years, nor have you even seen a Living Goblin to fight in longer. You have grown fat and lazy. Its time to wake up and smell the Copper Scented blood. You ain't in your Paradise anymore...

This is your new home, here you are to build an Academy to retrain those slackers that you slacked along side with. Each of you will be in command of your own Unit so be thankful at that, but other then that. You live off what you can gather yourselves. There is to be no slacking from now on...

DO YOU MAGGOTS UNDERSTAND ME!!!"

The volume of his voice caused the Dwarves to cover their ears and cringe when he yelled. But as the Commander calmed down they had notice three things...

1: They were alone, in the open and there were not even a wall or a building around them....

2: There was a lot of Raw Materials located near the Wagon, covered in a canvas but there, wood and stone.

3: That the Wagon's Wheels were completely destroyed, that there was no extra food or booze or anything they could eat or drink...

"I see you have noticed your situation, basically its this. This Academy I speak of... Your building it. You are to gather your own food and drink, there will be no traps or special designs to defend yourselves with, heck I will allow a Gatehouse and Draw bridge, but other then that its the Blade and Bolt, and last but not least... If your faces are ever seen at the Mountain Home again, you will be taking the Hammer, to the Face itself until you are dead. The Liaison will be coming each year along with a Caravan to check on you and seeing if you have been keeping up your training, if not, you will be facing the Hammer as well. You may trade with any traders that come past but other then that...."

A smile crossed the Commanders face...

"Your on your own...
See you in a decade, Maggots..."
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Military Academy. - Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 07:54:21 am »

Welcome to Urist Military Academy folks...

Here we will be building an Army back to its full strength after years and years of slacking off and eating nothing but the 'finest' foods and little action.

It will be my job to guide them, but you order them.

The starting Seven will have only these three skills...

Observer. Teacher and Student.

I will not be making any Traps or any Player Traps at all. There will be a Drawbridge but all combat will be held on each attack. Animals will take part but they are not the main defense...

Players can be in control of each Squad as they fill with Migrants, All Migrants will be placed into a Squad, if all starting Seven Squads are filled. The second Dwarf on each Squad will for another and so on until either I grow bored or the Fort dies. I hope for the later...

The Orders I will allow are of three things.
1: Activities - Will your Squads try and achieve more Military or Survival jobs for the year. Military means that they can train more, Survival means they produce more food/drink/arms/trade goods...
2: Growth - What part of the Academy should be upgraded next during the next year. The Upgrades can be from Basic defense like better walls or increasing their coverage, to actual digging deeper and expanding the mines. Please note that Mining is considered Growth.
3: Target - Basically this Target is something that I would like the WHOLE Army to place on me, something that is agreed on by everyone in which I need to achieve this...

The Map is of my choosing, the Starting Equipment is of my Choosing and the final results are of my choosing...

Good Luck Maggots..

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Squads!!!

Spoiler: Squad 1\\ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad 2\\ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad 3\\ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad 4\\ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad 5\\ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad 6\\ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squad 7\\ (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:38:18 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 08:25:17 am »

Name: Ochita
Bio: Ochita was 'planned' to be a swordsdwarf. However due to the lack of work needed he just ildled around without any work to do. One day by being idle he managed to flood a large part of the fortress, probably the reason why he was brought here.

2 Growth: I will work on a Bunkroom and 4 Targets on its roof.
3 Target: To produce a academy that will hold heros.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:56:43 am »

Name: Weyrond
Bio: Weyrond was hired by Urist as trainer for the marksmandwarves and is a proficient hunter. Also if needed he is able to complete wood-related things as being a carpenter or else.

Growth: We need barracks. For the squadleaders and miltia commanders they should be bigger and for people with more than 10 kills there should be an engraved tomb. Also there should be a big dining hall as food is neesed.

Squad information:
Name: 12th Sharpshooters
Max. People: The 5th best Marksmans of the fortress exluding the commander (Weyrond)
Targets: Defending of key positions and retrieving lost ground
Armament: Copper Crossbows+ Bolts at Training, for combat they use the best they can get, they dont need the best equipment to be good, its their skill.

"Squad" Roster:
-Commander: Weyrond
-Sargeant: -Free-
-Corporal: -Free-
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Reserve:

ooc part: I hope thats okay somehow...so basically it would be nice if the "best" marksmandwarves would be placed inside.
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 09:03:52 am »

OK, just a little recap, perhaps a rewrite of the Second post cause I was hurrying through cause Midnight was nearing (Happy New Year from Australia By the way!!!)...

Basicly, the starting Seven are the only claimable ones until squads are filled, might let those captain's promote people if they feel that its needed (start another Squad for more control over the fort) and such, All Squads WILL fill completely and will do so as is. Or maybe not if you can convince me...

Also the Orders need to be something yearly considered. Building a Barracks and such would take at most half a year if I pussy foot around or things keep cropping up. They will be limited in resources, but I have decided that axes will be brought onto the site...

I like the ideas of the Bios guys, it gives it a little more filling. Heck it would be interesting if you guys even 'rp' the years as a log from seeing what I post as Story. These are your units after all. But other then that, I am limiting myself on the Job front of the starting set, remember, only Observer and Student at Skilled while Teacher is Competent. Migrants coming with skills are all still treated as Military, put into squads as Military and treated like military, if they are put into a Squad that isn't cooking and they are a cook. Tough...

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 09:06:05 am »

Well so basically lets say I start as my guy and then he can start up a squad later or how?
Anyways I will write RP posts, sure^^
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 09:15:22 am »

Ok, Heres how it goes...

Day 1 would consist of a simple Roll to decide the Military Commander, I would prob make it the guy who makes Exp Leader.
Then each of the remaining 6 are marked as Captains. After that I will start on the Orders given to me by these Captains. Migrants come and get placed into squads until the Squads are full, I will simply be doing it as a first come first served as I slide the slots down the lists. (Ie, Migrant 1 to Squad 1, ......., Migrant 7 to Squad 7, Migrant 8 to Squad 1, etc...) As soon as we fill a Squad, the second member on that list becomes a Captain, the slot is filled by a new migrant (who will be at the bottom of the list naturally) and there is once again another 7 Squads to fill, when those Squads fill, ALL 14 Squads make another 14 Squads and so on until shit hits the fan...

I CAN Possibly make a Squad limit smaller if more then 7 people want to run squads, I could limit to either 5 or 7 in a Squad (INCLUDING the Leader)...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 09:19:43 am »

Name: Dack
bio:dack was slated to become a quatermaster, though when the king cut that job out of the army he just lazed around instead

Squad: axedwarves

Activity: survival
growth: get mason and carpenter workshops up and moving
goal: supply the army with the finest weapons and armour
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 09:37:32 am »

Name: Sheb
Bio: Sheb is the son of the mountainhome's mayor and joined the military to have a good-paying, easy job. He is quite the arrogant bastard and already used his father's influence to send people in jail, including the Commander's daughter (She refused to date him).

His squad will be a bunnch of melee fighters with all kinds of weapons. He'll personnaly use a over-decorated sword.

Far year 1:
 Activity: Survival
Growth: Will mostly do mining/woodcutting jobs.
Goal: We should do an above-ground castle or even just a town. No wall will make for fun siege. Priority should be a communal mead hall with rooms at the top and dining hall on the main floor. Then some workshops and a barrack with danger room.

Are you going to use any mods? Relentless assault or other "violent" mods would fit the theme right.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 09:38:43 am »

Are you going to use any mods? Relentless assault or other "violent" mods would fit the theme right.
this
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:01 am »

At the moment, I have the Defence mod, the one that adds like 15 more Hostile Civs...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 09:42:28 am »

Sounds perfect. Cannot wait for the first updates!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 10:07:57 am »

Oh yeah, if you guys have any other Mods you think that might make this a little more fun for me, go ahead and throw me the bone...

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 10:34:21 am »

"New" Squad loadout:
Commander
Sargeant
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

New Squad targets:
Digging out 2 main areas:
1. The Defense area (Self explanatory)
2. The support area lying behind with a going food production etc.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 06:39:58 pm »

I want in.

Name : Jacen
Bio : Just your general slacker.

I'd like a sworddwarf squad, but for the meantime use anything.

Activity : Survival. Make farms, preferably with a lever operated flood device, and food workshops. Once these are done grow anything and cook/brew. We will need to crack into caverns or get seeds from caravan for underground seeds if I hear correctly. So do an above ground farm for now.

Goal : Make a danger room/barracks. Put beds in said barracks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 06:49:17 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: [1] 2 3