Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Lightning Fort -- a speed succession game  (Read 4638 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lightning Fort -- a speed succession game
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 12:45:52 am »

Given that the slots don't seem to be filling up fast enough, why don't I take Wednesday the 5th instead?

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:35 pm »

After receiving several complaints from a bunch of angry dorfs I've decided to expand the living quarters.

I also noticed we lacked logs, so I've decided on starting ... Project Global Warming. Planning to deforest this whole area and turn those trees into chairs, we all hate trees, and a hotter world = happier dorfs, unbearable heat generates one happy dorf thought (bet you didn't know that D:). Bet this will piss off the retarded elves.

And.. more migrants!
Iton Adilmondul - farmer
Datan Kodonoram - farmer
Inod Tovastok - Jeweler
Cerol Sazikruling - Peasant (ha ha)
Catten Keskalbunem - Tanner
Kitten
Dobok Itkliston - Animal Trainer
Dobok Fikudesh - Animal Dissector
Stakud Nilkol - Farmer

That boosts our population to a grand total of 66.
Also means more bedrooms need to be dug out. :(

Designated even more bedrooms. Starting a mass production of beds, cabinets, coffers and doors.

Also planning a .... Colosseum! For all those captured POW's to have some fun.

Well.. seems like I won't have time to play today, I will upload what i've done up till now, good luck to the next person.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3647
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:04:50 pm by Lethal Dosage »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 03:43:09 pm »

On 2nd Malachite, in the Year of Our Lord Of Blood and Chaos 503, UmbrageofSnow takes over leadership of The Future Standards.

I don't know how much time I'll actually get in today, as it took me a while to get WINE up and running on the laptop I'm using, and that could hurt FPS, but I'm going to try to finish out LethalDosage's year, and complete my own.

I have several goals for my extended reign, as any good dwarf should.  I hereby pledge:

A cage in every cage trap, a bedroom for every dwarf!  The days of canceling trap loading for lack of cages and sleep are over.
Absolute Bureaucratic Bookkeeping Precision!  I need to know EXACTLY how many microcline blocks we have left.
Hotkeys! Because I want to stop getting lost.
Continuing my predecessor's visionary Project Global Warming.  We need to keep our wood stocks up.  And it's so hard to tell if those are pictures of dwarven ladies.
Operation Arboretum.  Pissing off the elves is all well and good, but someday we're going to come under a more dangerous siege, and we can't rely on exhaustible reserves and lack of military might.  I want to enclose the majority of the plateau above our heads within the fortress walls, thereby providing a safe source of trees and fish.  Of course, when it is safe, we should still cut down all the trees outside.  For the elves.
Some Other Random Vanity Project!  Because I can.
A Decent Office, and suite of rooms for the Mayor.  Because I'm good enough, smart enough, and gosh-darnnit, dwarves like me.

Now, the details of my initial State of the Fortress report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There you have it, my play time begins.  Also, I'd like to nickname some of the dwarves if that is okay with people.  If it is, what would each of you like to bear your names?

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

I'de like one of the original miners, name him AngleWyrm.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 05:25:36 pm »

I've no problem of a dwarf named after me.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »

Hm...make me a farmer.  (Or, you know, vice versa.)  Someone who has a useful function away from any fighting. ;)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 07:59:48 pm »

So, what's next? Do we repeat the cycle again?

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 08:20:50 pm »

Sounds like a good idea to me :)
Skipping Deus ex Machina, because he didn't play his turn, so I'll take tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how the fort's doing.
Chaoseed, you up for another turn?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:23:37 pm by AngleWyrm »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »

Okay, I got an immigrant wave, and then I spent way too long changing labor preferences because it was pretty chaotic.  Also I nicknamed everyone.  Here is the summary for future reference.  Did a bit of noble and military organizing as well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All the stray dogs have been trained into war dogs, 10 kittens have been slaughtered for meat, a ghostly metalcrafter has arisen and alerted me to the problem of a more violent ghostly marksman, I'm engraving their stones now, and a peasant created Ethadeggut, "The Decent Gully", a chestnut toy boat, decorated with birch and encircled with band of chestnut, birch, nickel, and bismuth, menacing with spikes of rhesus macaque bone, with an image of the founding of our fort in rope reed.

Progress is being made on walling off the upper plateau, but I was having trouble with too many idlers, hence the focus on job assignments.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:58:16 pm by UmbrageOfSnow »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 09:01:59 pm »

I'd like a turn on the 7th
Nom nom nom

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »

Ok, Kilakan, you're on for Friday 7th.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:28:17 pm by AngleWyrm »

Lethal Dosage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 10:40:18 pm »

I'll take whatever day is free after Kilakan.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:50 pm »

Sat 8th for you, Lethal Dosage; some weekend fortress fu--entertainment.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:28 am »

Hey, sorry wyrm, I am in fact awake, and trying to upload the save now, but my connection isn't very stable and it keeps failing.  Third time's a charm?  It will be up sooner or later in the next hour though, I'm sure.

Also I didn't have time to actually finish my turn, I just finished the guy before me's year.  I crashed and lost so much save data you wouldn't believe it.  Anyway, up soon.

Okay, here you go (finally): http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3651

Maybe I'll have better luck on my original date of the 10th?

By the way, you are under ambush, keep the civies indoors for now, despite the error messages.  I'll post a more detailed summary of my turn, short though it was in game time, later today probably.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:01:19 am by UmbrageOfSnow »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »

How about if I get Sunday the 9th?
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4