Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New hermit challenge: Traitor Mode  (Read 973 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
New hermit challenge: Traitor Mode
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:24:23 am »

Okay.. Basically, get your starting 7 dwarves into a loyalty cascade. Make sure you have only 1 surviving dwarf, and that he/she is flagged hostile.

Now, go forth and create wealth, and try to survive the incoming waves of immigrants and angry dwarven traders.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

taodih

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye
    • View Profile
Re: New hermit challenge: Traitor Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:39:52 am »

Soooo...

Basicly just run your fort with one dwarf?
and everything/anything is your enemy?

seems interesting 8D
but is [SPEED:300] allowed? (not 0 or you won't be able to fend of the warping dwarfs)
maybe also add [SIEGER] to dwarfs

?.?
Aye

albatross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:12:38 am »

Most of my games are hermit forts and this is... well, not that new challenge. Fun regardless! Although considering everyone else as enemy is a new twist to me. Once I locked out the rest 6 while the Urist McChosenOne continued living underground. Unhappy thoughts started to accumulate to the 6 and eventually few went mad and got themselves killed. However, few of them, and many of the immigrants actually seemed to survive indefinitely outside. But I blame the temperate environment that I chose. There were puddles of water and various small critters they consumed. Since merchants didn't have access to a trade depot, some got soon killed one way or the other, along with their pack mules. Eventually the fort surroundings become so cluttered with items that you are forced to abandon the game. Even if you organize things so that their deaths happen in orderly fashion, you will spent a great deal of time carrying the items around. So [SPEED:300] is very much recommended. Note that half of the time your hermit dwarf will spend standing around and figuring out what to do next, even if there's a ton of things to do. Maybe this is the problem? Idk.

Carrying one item at a time per dwarf is a severe limitation. And the lack of certain commodities may drive you to ragequit and start over. Also, if you don't want to personally kill the 6, pick an environment where there's little food, or a high number of predators outside. It's kinda shame that you can't control the dwarf directly...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:05:12 pm »

the thing is that you get folks to actually kill each other and have one survivor. then wall off the rest of the map (and/or just wall off and then ensue enemy-making)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.