Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should The O.P occasoinally take up the save and build a megafort?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Fill up the world Beta  (Read 12294 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Fill up the world Beta
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2011, 06:47:08 pm »

yes,
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2011, 07:53:06 pm »

Just so everyone knows, in the final day, I shall build a vault of my most valuable artifacts with no less than four doors which are attacked to levers located randomly throughout the fortress.

I plan on getting cotton candy for this purpose.
Don't they get scattered anyway?

Then I'll build "sucks to be you" in raw adamantine on the floor :p
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »

So... who's turn is it?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2011, 01:27:01 am »

Fivex has been online, but he has not posted here in 9 days (more than three), so if the list is to be believed, NobodyPro is up. [...] I have messaged him.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »

Glad to see this is moving again. Do we want to upgrade to .21? I'm kind of in favor of it.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2011, 05:04:59 pm »

I'll start tonight. I've got a good idea of what I'm going to try and do.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2011, 06:54:02 pm »

Add me to the list. This is a very cool concept.
I will build a city above the magma sea. As in, suspended above the magma sea.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2011, 07:18:51 am »

Avuzmemad: New technology allowed them to dig deeper...

Visit it if you ever feel like a challenge or want to see a dwarven crane.
But... uh... I just realised I did it in .21, no glitches or anything. Hope this is OK.
Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3990

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2011, 07:33:39 am »

Yes, we're still taking advantage of the year+ long release that took care of everything that would break save compatibility.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2011, 11:57:39 am »

Since the OP hasn't been on in over a week, I PM'd Youdont12know.  Youdont12know hasn't been on in a month, though.
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2011, 10:26:26 pm »

Well, Youdont12know and Gokajern (eight days gone) aren't here, while you are, why don't you start your fortress?
 I'll message Gokajern just in case he has e-mail notification; if he does come in three days, he wont have that long a wait.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:33:38 pm by Nivm »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2011, 08:38:04 pm »

Actually, I'm busy for the next two days. Let's give both of them 3 days to respond (tomorrow for Youdont12Know, two days from now for Gokajern) and then I'll start. 

EDIT: Well, it's been two days. I'm downloading now, and I'll have a save up in about 3-4 days.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:56:30 pm by Ghills »
To summarize:

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:46 pm »

Well and here I thought this thread was dead. I'll make a fortress guys (starting tomorrow), sorry for not checking in.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2011, 11:54:15 pm »

Oh wait nevermind, I'll wait until ghills is done.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:37 am »

Hmmm... this sounds like fun. Signing up.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9