Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread): Crippled Dragon is Crippled.  (Read 14050 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread)
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 10:51:29 am »

since my elemental is not strong enough to open doors .... disintegrate south door ... from near the north door.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 10:53:23 am »

since my elemental is not strong enough to open doors .... disintegrate south door ... from near the north door.
Ooh, planning to intercept my beam to power it up even more? Nice.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:09 am »

Ooh, planning to intercept my beam to power it up even more? Nice.
no, just making sure we have somewhere to run once your infinite quantum photon splitting devide gets out of control .... that or i disintegrate the floating crystals, too.

that aside: how does magic work? will we just be able to develop spells as we go?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 11:09:23 am »

@Iceball3: You succeed, and as the amount of energy in the system starts to build up, you feel a presence, which seems to be screaming (mentally) at you to disable it.

@everyone: you all flee through the south door, and once everyone is on the other side, the door seems to fade out of existence.

You find yourselves similar to the the first one, except for the lack of a west, north and south door, a table against the southern wall which has honey-coloured gemstones scattered on it, and a bizarre creature with trilateral symmetry clutching its left 'shoulder', which is smoking slightly. It seems to have a leathery hide which is segmented at the joints and is mottled various shades of muddy brown red and orange, and a central 'trunk' which ends in a gaping, jawless mouth at the top, which is ringed with six large bright blue, innocent-looking eyes. Its 'legs' resembles the arms of a starfish, albeit stockier and blunter. Its arms are slender and four-jointed and end in three-fingered 'hands'.

To your surprise, its speaks to you in english, albeit with a gurgling, somewhat sluggish voice. "Why did you hurt me?" it asks, looking at you with three of its six eyes.

@Hachnslay: Yes, you will be able to develop spells. But I must warn you, in this game magic is wild magic*. So be careful.

*http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildMagic

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 11:35:43 am »

Redirect the power in such a way that it forms a floating blob of essence. Stick that essence inside that jar that was oh so conveniently floated by in the void. If it doesn't conveniently float by, then make one float by using the butterfly effect.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 11:37:16 am »

ignore the creature, the men like one seems to be a better talker.... and healer ... instead melt a looking hole into the east door.

also:
*http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildMagic
.... i had to close my browser because there were about 50 tv tropes tabs open ...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:09:41 pm by hachnslay »

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 01:18:45 pm »

@Iceball3: How? You're not in the same room anymore.

@Hachnslay: You find yourself staring at a rather disgruntled looking man, who is dressed in a medieval-style clothing.

"Why did you melt a whole in my front door?" he asks, frowning as he opens the door. On the other side is what appears to be a combination of an inn of some kind and a general store, except for the fact that walls are made of the same material as the in the last two rooms. Seated at the tables at the far end of the room are all manner of beings, from anthropomorphic animals of every variety imaginable to average human beings, to some of the most alien-looking creatures you've ever seen. Sitting in one darkened corner is a rather large earth elemental, who you feel staring at you, even though it has no discernable eyes.

(Yeah, I know. TvTropes is addictive.)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:28:36 pm »

Redirect the laser towards the floor.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »

@Iceball3: Once again, how? The first room doesn't even technically exist anymore.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 02:29:48 pm »

"Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on, pray tell?"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 02:48:18 pm »

"first of all, it's a hole, and not a "whole". Second, i do not have the required vim to open doors, i am an incorporeal being bound to the realm by these metamagical ribbons of metal, and merely touching the door would have had the same effect.  Third, you should be happy i removed the door, air circulation is of uttermost importance for you carbon lifeforms. Fourth, the interest group for free movement ... ... ... and thereby i conclude that you should be happy i put that hole into your door." ((use intelligence to confuse the bartender?))

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 03:04:27 pm »

@Iceball3: Once again, how? The first room doesn't even technically exist anymore.
Oh, I thought my telekinesis worked through walls.
Mill around so that I can actually understand my environment.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:45 pm »

@Hachnslay: The bartender stares blankly at you for a couple seconds, then laughs.
   "Really?" he says, "That's odd, seeing as I've always left the back door open a crack."

@Iceball3: It does, its just that you kind of broke reality in that room. Feeding a laser into an infinite loop which has a crystal which amplifies a laser tends to do that.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »

"good"

.... as far as i understand the back door of the tavern leads to a salesperson room ... the previous room has disappeared ... ok, we are a few turns in and already broke the space time continuum...
start manipulating time
"Oddly, an unstable time stream makes wizards want to tinker with it even more."

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »

@Hachnslay: You feel reality itself lash out at you. It seems the magical forces of this particular universe don't take so kindly to mucking about with inherently unstable things.

@everyone: the bartender looks at you, and merely says, "Y'know, if you want to make it through the labyrinth alive, you're probably going to need better gear. Come inside."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13