Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread): Crippled Dragon is Crippled.  (Read 13997 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread): Drunkards and Dragons
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »

wait until i have a clear line of fire.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread): Drunkards and Dragons
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2011, 03:10:23 pm »

"A la Laser time. :3"
Back up a little and then begin refracting lasers, alternating between three and four at once at the dragon.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread): *Cue Dramatic Boss Fight Music*
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2011, 08:11:45 am »

"A la Laser time. :3"
Back up a little and then begin refracting lasers, alternating between three and four at once at the dragon.
The lasers pepper the dragon's scaly hide with scorch marks. It roars in pain, loud enough to shake the cave. It continues to barrel down the tunnel with rage in its eyes. It unleashes a torrent of corrosive gas and abrasive sand from it mouth, which billows down the tunnel, flowing towards you. You feel an ancient presence enter your mind, and shiver a bit at because of its cold anger and malice.

'You dare attack a god? You shall die now, little one of molten stone.' it hisses, (metaphorical) venom dripping from every telepathic word.

wait until i have a clear line of fire.

You wait until you have clear path and let the burst rip into the dragon. It hits home, striking the dragon square in the chest. Unfortunately, the burst seems to merely scorch the dragon's scales. Fortunately, the burst arcs, and strikes the beast in all six of legs. There is a sound like trees being split by lightning, and the beast topples, the bones in its legs shattered. It simultaneously bellows in rage and telepathically screams in pain and anguish, a truly terrifying mental sound, like boulders being scraped together, like the howl of a thousand wolves.
---------
@ both Hachnslay and Iceball:

The blast of the dragon’s breath attack disperses before it can reach icebrawl, and the only lingering traces are the sharp, pungent smell of chlorine, and a layer of gritty sand on the cavern floor. The great beast lies there, snarling and snapping at you, unable to move wear from where it fell. It challenges you to approach, calling you cowards.

You notice a steel dagger embedded in the beast’s chest, along with thousands of gleaming gems. And, set in the dragon’s great forehead, you find an orb, which seems to faintly glow with an image of a strange landscape, utterly alien compared to the one just outside.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2011, 07:40:23 pm »

I smile and begins lasering the hide that surrounds the knife, doing little damage beyond enough for the knife to fall out.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2011, 07:48:10 am »

hmpf. not what i intended, but still, the beast is immobilized and i can use my real strategy for the next big enemy. Fling the magnetic metal at the dragon. send a concentrated spark to it, to create microwaves. make it boil alive!
i am sure we get a new enemy soon
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2011, 07:59:19 am »

hmpf. not what i intended, but still, the beast is immobilized and i can use my real strategy for the next big enemy. Fling the magnetic metal at the dragon. send a concentrated spark to it, to create microwaves. make it boil alive!
If he does do this, engulf Fuffs to keep her safe from the radiation.[/b]
Just because she's fire resistant doesn't mean it's a good idea to make her molecules do backflips.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped!: Labyrinth (Game Thread): Crippled Dragon is Crippled.
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2011, 10:27:15 am »

I smile and begins lasering the hide that surrounds the knife, doing little damage beyond enough for the knife to fall out.

Tuar roars in pain, but doesn't do much to fight back. Just struggles a bit. After a couple minutes, the knife drops free.

A spread of confusion spread across Tuar's scaly visage as you begin to microwave his insides. It quickly turns to nausea, and a ominous gurgling can be heard from deep inside his chest.

If he does do this, engulf Fuffs to keep her safe from the radiation.[/b]
Just because she's fire resistant doesn't mean it's a good idea to make her molecules do backflips.

Fuffs curls up and falls asleep inside the cavity you create for her inside your body.

@Both of you: The gurgling keeps getting louder and turns into a rumbling, and a stench fills the air. The orb falls from his forehead and starts orbiting Icebrawl. ((since he's closet to the dragon.))

((And you're microwaving a giant toxin-spewing reptile. I suggest you flee. Very, very quickly. Also, Hachnslay, How does A Biome Personified, Gone Insane sound for a new big bad?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2011, 11:20:13 am »

create a cave-in, then leave the way we came in. The preassure from the boiling acid will build up to explode the cave system. Just for show ;) Also: work on melting the gauntlet into darts utilizing an ingot as a cathode (think aluminum smelter).

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:29 pm »

create a cave-in, then leave the way we came in. The preassure from the boiling acid will build up to explode the cave system. Just for show ;) Also: work on melting the gauntlet into darts utilizing an ingot as a cathode (think aluminum smelter).

The rumbling is dulled by the cave-in, and you find that the metal the armor is made of is incredibly hard to melt. It will take some time.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2011, 03:57:11 pm »

Use my telekenesis and fetch the knife, and then hover outa there take in huge gulps of oxygen in case I have to seal Fuffs in for a while.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2011, 08:59:14 am »

Use my telekenesis and fetch the knife, and then hover outa there take in huge gulps of oxygen in case I have to seal Fuffs in for a while.

you manage to get the knife, which nudges the orb that started orbiting you a little while ago.

And yeah, the gulping of oxygen works.

((There's a magic orb that's showing a weird landscape orbiting you. Aren't you the least bit curious about it?))

----
@everyone: ((Since Strife isn't too active, I'm considering pming that one guy who barely missed the signup deadline. What do you guys think?))

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2011, 06:01:56 am »

Remember, and turn back to retrieve it, through telekinesis. Stick it into my back.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

As it settles into your back, your mind is flooded with visions of something... alien... other... something terrifiying...

You learn the location of something that may help you escape the Labyrinth.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2011, 04:41:37 pm »

"Yay!"
Triumphantly stroll out of the cave, humming FACADE on my sound orb thing.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2011, 09:56:30 am »

Take a look at the son. An Angelic combat medic leave someone hurt? Not likely!
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13