Medkit *Still haven't!*
- 10 (20%)
X-Com's Funding Nations Council Intelligence
- 4 (8%)
Research Tarrans Digestive System
- 9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: Let's Play X-Com Terror From The Deep  (Read 49480 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-Com Terror From The Deep
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2011, 09:18:06 pm »

Yay! Lunch! And no one had to die for it!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »

Except for Rho-Mu Mk. II.

And 9 civilians, but no one cares about them.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2011, 09:27:11 pm »

If Gerald keeps doing what he's doing, he may survive yet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30:07 pm »

Except for Rho-Mu Mk. II.

And 9 civilians, but no one cares about them.
Oh, whoops, forgot about h-... it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »

At long last, a mission in which Quibble did not die! Granted, that was because he was not present, but still...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:37 pm »

A rousing success. Explosions for everyone!

Rho-Mu Mk II, I'll be using what I can of you in my first explosive round next mission. Also, a bunch of sailors will finally be useful.

So beautiful.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2011, 10:51:59 pm »

Flashback time!

You are all standing in a line, and Phantom, accompanied by a robotic version of Mal Devios is asking each of you individually why you joined X-Com.

((Seriously, X-Com is the only Organization in the world that would let someone like Max in.))

Also, new research poll time. Anybody?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2011, 10:56:55 pm »

Research my Digestive System!

*Avoids swipe*

But seriously, let's get sonic weapons ASAP so we can use those powerful weapons that the aliens have.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:18 pm »

Research my Digestive System!
The Tarran, a natural resource! (Literally.)  Research yours today!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:34 pm »

Gerald: I joined XCOM to better understand what my life partner went through in 1999. (We met in the hospital.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:51 pm »

Gerald: I joined XCOM to better understand what my life partner went through in 1999. (We met in the hospital.)
Phantom: Your friend panicked on the last mission! Perhaps if he protected Jeremy he could have made it, dammit!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2011, 11:27:36 pm »

Tarran: I joined because I missed the last war due to not even being born at that time. Also, I wanted to blow shit up.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2011, 11:41:15 pm »

Tarran: I joined because I missed the last war due to not even being born at that time. Also, I wanted to blow shit up.
Mal Robot: Welcome aboard!
Phantom: Okaaaay.

Meanwhile, doesn't look like anyone wants Power Armor.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2011, 11:45:04 pm »

Research "Max's Psychological Condition!"

Max I joined XCOM back in 1999 to fight off the initial invasion swarm. The researchers saw great potential in Max, and subsequently cloned him (five times, to be precise.) When the original Max was KIA due to the first contact with Chryssalids, MaxII was activated, and sent to Cydonia, where the team lost contact with him. MaxII proved to be extremely capable, but more unstable than the original. He seemed to have more potential, but the pre-existing "minor" mental conditions (mania, depression, nightmares, psychotic episodes, suicidal behavior, pyromania, etc.) became much more prominent.

When the Aquatoids struck, subtlety was not a priority, so clones III and IV were skipped over, as their somber and downright cold attitudes would not mesh well with the rest of the new XCOM operatives. They were left in the cloning tanks in case they would be needed in the future. Scientists have cloned MaxVI (who perished at the hands of our aquatic foes), in order to establish patterns in clone-soldiers' mental deterioration. MaxVII is currently active, and MaxVIII - XV are currently incubating. We hope that their mental states are not so far gone that they cannot function in the field effectively, but given MaxVII's behavior, we have little hope for that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2011, 11:45:58 pm »

Meanwhile, doesn't look like anyone wants Power Armor.
Ehh, armor isn't really important when aliens will likely kill you on the first shot anyway. Also, the lack of medkits also makes the armor's ability to reduce damage somewhat pointless.

Being able to kill your enemy before they can even fire at you is much more important than being able to withstand an extra shot.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34