Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48

Author Topic: Roll to die round 2  (Read 48133 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Roll to die
« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2010, 06:57:02 pm »

Pause.
"Okay apparently announcing my strategy into thin air makes me fail automatically. Did you try the door?"
(4)"Yes but they function as but ordinary doors here."
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2010, 07:00:05 pm »

"Ah, so the problem being that you can't escape from this realm. I thought you couldn't leave the house. Hmm... wait. Idea. Using that D6 system I told you about earlier, I followed the door 42 to here. From what you say, You have always had your front door, so it hasn't replaced it. That means that it is now somewhere in this sphere of existence. If we can find it, you can escape!"

Search for door 42.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2010, 07:02:05 pm »

"Ah, so the problem being that you can't escape from this realm. I thought you couldn't leave the house. Hmm... wait. Idea. Using that D6 system I told you about earlier, I followed the door 42 to here. From what you say, You have always had your front door, so it hasn't replaced it. That means that it is now somewhere in this sphere of existence. If we can find it, you can escape!"

Search for door 42.
(2)"What front door? Theres only a back door on this house."
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2010, 07:05:33 pm »

"Well If you only have a back door, then it is your front door. Basic logic. Where the entrance is, that's where the front/main door is. If the only entrance is through the back, then the back is the front. Either way that other door is around here somewhere." Keep searching for door #42.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #214 on: December 30, 2010, 07:08:04 pm »

"Well If you only have a back door, then it is your front door. Basic logic. Where the entrance is, that's where the front/main door is. If the only entrance is through the back, then the back is the front. Either way that other door is around here somewhere." Keep searching for door #42.
(1)you didnt find it although you have found there is a back door which you didnt come in through.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 30, 2010, 07:09:06 pm »

Search the area I did come in through.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #216 on: December 30, 2010, 07:18:15 pm »

Search the area I did come in through.
(6)you search the area finding three skeletal cats, a pair of novelty handcuffs, a pile of worn and broken doors, a locked shed, an empty chest, and Deaths clothes drying on a clothes line.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2010, 07:19:28 pm »

Examine the outdoors. What is the environment like?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »

Join and open door 7 but don't go through it.

Also, you might want to update the list of the dead and the current players. A list of opened doors wouldn't hurt either.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2010, 08:26:37 pm »

Examine the outdoors. What is the environment like?
(4)it appears to be a farmhouse surrounded by an ocean of golden grass streching back as far as the eye can see.

Join and open door 7 but don't go through it.
(4)you open door 7 but it sticks about an inch open and wont move any more.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2010, 08:28:37 pm »

Demand the door to open under the threat of death.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2010, 08:33:56 pm »

"Have you gone beyond the grain?"

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2010, 08:55:41 pm »

Demand the door to open under the threat of death.
(6)it opens alright and blasts you down as it does.

"Have you gone beyond the grain?"
(2)"It goes on until you hit the other side."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2010, 08:58:13 pm »

Stand up and examine whatever was behind door 7 without going in.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »

The other side? Does it just warp back to the house? what is the other side?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 48